Balthazar's Big Raffle

Urza285

UPDATE: 1st September

We’ve had a bunch of feedback regarding the Raffle and will be making some last minute adjustments. The largest concern was the quantity of prizes in the raffle and their potential impact on the game economy. While our research and balancing gives us confidence the prize quantities won’t have a long-term negative impact, I appreciate the overall concern and understand that players want us to be more conservative with the prize balancing.

The following changes have been made:

All prize quantities have been be halved (gold down from 200 to 100, godswords down from 5,000 to 2,500, etc)
The Golden Godswords and Golden Warpriest armour will not be protect-on-death (i.e. they’ll behave the same as their regular versions)
We’ve added an alternative for players to get a 2nd raffle ticket by completing a daily challenge if they cannot meet a JMod
Familiars will be blocked from the Lumbridge Crater, as they are at some banks and the Grand Exchange.
We will be adding an extra JMod ticket session US Eastern players to attend early evening – this will be midnight BST / 7pm EDT
We hope this will address most of the issues raised so far.

Mod Pips, Mod Drew and the RuneScape team

Balthazar’s Big Raffle

RuneScape has had a fantastic summer with a resurgence in players and tons of great content with more still to come – so what better way to celebrate than a raffle for some awesome limited edition items?! We’ve made sure that this September as summer fades and real life steals time away from gaming even the busiest players can get a kick out of RuneScape with Balthazar’s Big Raffle! It’ll take just minutes each day to be in with a chance of winning limited edition gold coloured godswords and warpriest armour, deathtouch darts, remote banking, silverhawk boots and feathers, skill outfit pieces and even 100 million gold pieces!

Starting after the game update on September 1st, Balthazar can be found near the Burthorpe Lodestone offering entry into daily raffle. He’s venturing out from his Big Top Bonanza to offer a set number of limited edition items each day throughout the month. To be in with a chance of winning one of these prizes, you need to give him a raffle ticket – the more tickets you give him, the more chances you have to win. Every player can get up to 2 tickets per day; one from simply talking to Balthazar and another from a JMod in game at a meet-up event. Check back in with Balthazar the next day (after reset at GMT 00:00) to see if you’ve won a prize from previous days. Even if you don’t get the main item, you’ll still get a consolation prize of an XP Lamp.

There’s a different prize each day of the week, and a fixed number of each to be won in total:

• Mondays - 100 Million Gold Coins x 200
  • Tuesdays - Golden Godsword (1 in 4 chance of each sword) x 5000
  • Wednesdays - Golden Warpriest Armour set (1 in 4 chance of each) x 10,000
  • Thursdays - 3 Death Touch Darts x 40,000
  • Fridays - Remote Bank Deposit Box (1hr Duration) x 80,000
  • Saturdays - Silverhawk Boots (or 250 silverhawk feathers if owned) x 20,000
  • Sundays – Skilling Outfit Piece (or 500,000gp if all owned) x 100,000

It’s your choice whether you enter a raffle each day or save up your tickets to increase your chances. You can find out how many tickets have been entered so far into that day’s raffle by asking Balthazar.

Each day throughout the month Jagex Mods will be in game to dish out another ticket. You can find us on Worlds 98 and 124 in the Lumbridge Crater at 4am,10am3pm and 8pm BST. JMods will be jumping into game at other times too, so follow us on Twitter to find out about more unscheduled raffle ticket giveaways:

JMods on Twitter

If you need more information about the Raffle, check out the FAQ in the official forum thread.

With a new Grouping System, the opening of the Elf City, Rune Goldberg D&D, group skill capes and now Balthazar’s Big Raffle, September is going to be a month to remember in RuneScape!

Mod Pips, Mod Drew and the RuneScape team

[spoiler=Forum Post FAQ]

Raffle FAQ

When can I see if I've won a prize?
Visit Balthazar in Burthorpe the next day (after reset at 01:00 BST) to see if you have won a prize from a previous day.

Are any of the prizes tradeable?
Only the Silverhawk Feathers are tradable, none of the rest. The Gold Godswords and Gold Warpriest armour sets are kept-on-death for PvE. If you die in the Wilderness the Gold Godswords drop as a normal version of the equivalent item, and the Gold Warpriest armour set drops as 1 million gold coin.

Can I win multiple of the same godswords or warpriest armours?
If you win another godsword or armour set on a later daily raffle, the raffle will give you a different one from any you've won already, so you won't get duplicates.

How many tickets can I use towards a daily raffle?
You can save up as many tickets as you like, you do not need to use them on the day they're received.

If I use more than 1 ticket on the same daily raffle, can I win more than 1 prize from that day?
No. Using multiple tickets for a daily raffle will give you a greater chance of winning, but you will only ever win one prize from a day's raffle.

Can I find out how many other players have entered that day's raffle?
Balthazar will let you know how many tickets have been entered into that day's raffle so far. Remember that each ticket has an equal chance of winning a prize, so the more tickets you enter into each day's raffle the greater chance you have of winning.

What monsters can the deathtouch darts kill? How do they work against bosses?
The darts have been improved slightly since their original appearance back in 2012, and in the rare case they do not work against a particular enemy you will be blocked from using it, so as not to waste it. For example you will be blocked from using a dart on slayer creatures you do not have high enough level or special tools for (e.g. gargoyles). On multiphase bosses the dart will cause a skip to the next phase.

A list of known exceptions for enemies which cannot be killed with darts can be found on the wiki.

Can deathtouch darts be used to shortcut completionist cape requirements or boss kill timers?
No. If a dart is used then that fight does not register towards the completionist cape. If a dart is used in a boss fight then the boss kill timer will not record the fight (or any started in the subsequent 10 minutes after using a dart).

Will this hurt the game economy?

We've researched the economy and made an informed judgement when balancing the quantities of each item in the Raffle so they're appealing to win whilst not causing a significant or long-term impact on the game economy. 

Edited by Miss Lioness
Formatted, added in Main Page post.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Assuming the keys are free it's nice to see that they are making silverhawks semi-available via methods other than TH... granted it's still luck based.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Death Touched are probably a better prize to aim for than the gp pay out in terms of making the gps.

200* more likely to get them and then you got 3 shots at Nex or KK (could do others, but they seem the best bets) for 0 effort valuable drops.

As already demonstrated in this thread I fully expect to see mountains of rants from people who try to deathtouch the reaper comp req without reading first.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ahhh can it not? Ah well that's still ok, is there a FAQ in the forums?

The FAQ is included in the OP here.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So Mondays Thursdays and Saturdays to spend raffle tickets it seems!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

For me its a debate: Save tickets for the good days in hopes of winning big or entering at least 1 ticket a day so that i get 1 xp lamp a day at worst.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Formatted it once again.

Please next time format it straight away or let someone else post who will and can format it nicely :).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Formatted it once again.

Please next time format it straight away or let someone else post who will and can format it nicely :).

Does it matter as long as people can read it? o
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Tuesday, Wednesday and saturday would be my picks. 100m is too remote of a chance, and I don't need the money, insta-kill darts is useless for me without the comp count (understandable limitation, but does remove any use I have for it), and skilling outfit is also rather useless :P

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Formatted it once again.

Imho it does as it makes it soo much better to read.

• Like 3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Formatted it once again.

I'd agree here.

Some people are too caught up in the supposed prestige of posting it quickly and just slap any old mess on to the forums.

But frankly we are all capable of reading it on Jagex's website and their forums, it's not like is performing a great service or bringing us secret knowledge to get it up here fast.

I'd much rather see posts appear here slower and have them formatted nicely, ensuring they are easy to read for those who don't bother with the main site than see people slapping up any old mess for the sake of 'oh em gee I posted first'; especially since such poor formatting in any post other than a copy & paste from Jagex would likely get locked/warned for being borderline spammy thanks to lack of effort.

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Rip leech biz sweet prince

Edit: lol NOPE. Ty Jagex

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Interesting concept.  I sure hell want some Golden Warpriest stuff though.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

Formatted it once again.

I'd agree here.

Some people are too caught up in the supposed prestige of posting it quickly and just slap any old mess on to the forums.

But frankly we are all capable of reading it on Jagex's website and their forums, it's not like is performing a great service or bringing us secret knowledge to get it up here fast.

I'd much rather see posts appear here slower and have them formatted nicely, ensuring they are easy to read for those who don't bother with the main site than see people slapping up any old mess for the sake of 'oh em gee I posted first'; especially since such poor formatting in any post other than a copy & paste from Jagex would likely get locked/warned for being borderline spammy thanks to lack of effort.

But im not caught up in the prestige. If a mod wants to tidy it up thats all good. Some of us want to help spread informatio while on the move. Im here to post news because i enjoy sharing it. If i was an active rune tips forum mod or held some other title besides a forum member i would understand. Those people are often enough held to a higher standard. If i have the time ill edit things, but often im out or at work.

Thats all on this subject from me.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

See I don't really by that as a viable reasoning.

If you cared about helping to spread information truly, you'd care about the formatting - it is a big part of readability and thus the ease with which the information is transmitted. Information isn't transmitted purely by the raw words, it is about the presentation that helps or hinders people in scanning and absorbing the information.

Plus I highly doubt you don't do it for the status/prestige in part, what other reason could there be for using your phone whilst out/at work to copy and paste news posts to the forum the instant they appear regardless of the formatting that hinders readability?

It's not like if you don't do it no-one else will, but it is rather likely someone better placed, say at a desktop, would get their post up faster with decent formatting than someone trying to grapple with it on a mobile device given the chance.

I do not think a single person whoever participates in the rush to be the one to post the news to this forum can ever truthfully say part of is not about the prestige of being first - if you didn't care you wouldn't be bothered to rush with it and we certainly wouldn't see the mild bickerings/flamings that arise on the odd occasion more than person posts it and heaven forbid a mod accidentally lock the one posted 3 seconds earlier.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg