Balthazar's Big Raffle

Urza285

i think darts would only work on the last phase of multiphase bosses anyway, so they wouldn't really be useful there

For me its a debate: Save tickets for the good days in hopes of winning big or entering at least 1 ticket a day so that i get 1 xp lamp a day at worst.

alternate plan: save up all of your tickets for the last round of prizes and then fire them all at once because everybody else spent their tickets on earlier rounds

even if other people do it, the amount of people who think of doing this will not be significant compared to the people who don't think of this

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

i think darts would only work on the last phase of multiphase bosses anyway, so they wouldn't really be useful there

For me its a debate: Save tickets for the good days in hopes of winning big or entering at least 1 ticket a day so that i get 1 xp lamp a day at worst.

alternate plan: save up all of your tickets for the last round of prizes and then fire them all at once because everybody else spent their tickets on earlier rounds

even if other people do it, the amount of people who think of doing this will not be significant compared to the people who don't think of this

vorago hardmode p9 :)

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

See I don't really by that as a viable reasoning.

If you cared about helping to spread information truly, you'd care about the formatting - it is a big part of readability and thus the ease with which the information is transmitted. Information isn't transmitted purely by the raw words, it is about the presentation that helps or hinders people in scanning and absorbing the information.

Plus I highly doubt you don't do it for the status/prestige in part, what other reason could there be for using your phone whilst out/at work to copy and paste news posts to the forum the instant they appear regardless of the formatting that hinders readability?

It's not like if you don't do it no-one else will, but it is rather likely someone better placed, say at a desktop, would get their post up faster with decent formatting than someone trying to grapple with it on a mobile device given the chance.

I do not think a single person whoever participates in the rush to be the one to post the news to this forum can ever truthfully say part of is not about the prestige of being first - if you didn't care you wouldn't be bothered to rush with it and we certainly wouldn't see the mild bickerings/flamings that arise on the odd occasion more than person posts it and heaven forbid a mod accidentally lock the one posted 3 seconds earlier.

*Raises hand* Guilty, your honour.

A bit more on topic: Even if you save up tickets throughout the month and use them all on the last day your chance of winning is still very small. And since you didn't participate any day earlier in the month you will only get a small lamp if you lose. I myself will be taking part every day; That way I am guaranteed at least 30 lamps.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm fairly sure that 100B GP and 480K Insta-kill darts (that they said would never-ever-super-duper-ever be introduced into the game again), along with 400K pieces of skilling outfits (getting them 99's 1% faster) or the possibility of up to another 200B GP when the winner already owns the outfit, tied with 320K hours of remote banking and an uncertain but large amount of hours not having to spend swinging about on agility courses will have an impact on the economy at all...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

i think there'd be a larger impact if they gave out free partyhats

Shhh, we mustn't give them ideas!

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

See I don't really by that as a viable reasoning.

If you cared about helping to spread information truly, you'd care about the formatting - it is a big part of readability and thus the ease with which the information is transmitted. Information isn't transmitted purely by the raw words, it is about the presentation that helps or hinders people in scanning and absorbing the information.

Plus I highly doubt you don't do it for the status/prestige in part, what other reason could there be for using your phone whilst out/at work to copy and paste news posts to the forum the instant they appear regardless of the formatting that hinders readability?

It's not like if you don't do it no-one else will, but it is rather likely someone better placed, say at a desktop, would get their post up faster with decent formatting than someone trying to grapple with it on a mobile device given the chance.

I do not think a single person whoever participates in the rush to be the one to post the news to this forum can ever truthfully say part of is not about the prestige of being first - if you didn't care you wouldn't be bothered to rush with it and we certainly wouldn't see the mild bickerings/flamings that arise on the odd occasion more than person posts it and heaven forbid a mod accidentally lock the one posted 3 seconds earlier.

*Raises hand* Guilty, your honour.

A bit more on topic: Even if you save up tickets throughout the month and use them all on the last day your chance of winning is still very small. And since you didn't participate any day earlier in the month you will only get a small lamp if you lose. I myself will be taking part every day; That way I am guaranteed at least 30 lamps.

If you save your tickets for later and don't win the item you want you'll still receive lamps for each ticket failed. ... Unless I'm missing something

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I think I'll be trying every day except for Sunday, perhaps put my Sunday tickets on the Monday drawing because you never know. I'm not too concerned with a skilling outfit piece considering all the other options are far better. 

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I think if you use X tickets at once and fail to get a prize, you get one lamp, not X lamps...not completely clear on it though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

^I'd agree with that it sounds like you get ONE prize a day no matter what.

An xp lamp consolation prize if you lose.

The listed item if you win.

Playing extra tickets just gives you better odds of winning.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it runs along the lines of dump in 5 tickets into one lottery, and you have one (albeit five times more likely) chance to win that day's prize that way.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

UPDATE: 1st September

We’ve had a bunch of feedback regarding the Raffle and will be making some last minute adjustments. The largest concern was the quantity of prizes in the raffle and their potential impact on the game economy. While our research and balancing gives us confidence the prize quantities won’t have a long-term negative impact, I appreciate the overall concern and understand that players want us to be more conservative with the prize balancing.

The following changes have been made:

All prize quantities have been be halved (gold down from 200 to 100, godswords down from 5,000 to 2,500, etc)
The Golden Godswords and Golden Warpriest armour will not be protect-on-death (i.e. they’ll behave the same as their regular versions)
We’ve added an alternative for players to get a 2nd raffle ticket by completing a daily challenge if they cannot meet a JMod
Familiars will be blocked from the Lumbridge Crater, as they are at some banks and the Grand Exchange.
We will be adding an extra JMod ticket session US Eastern players to attend early evening – this will be midnight BST / 7pm EDT
We hope this will address most of the issues raised so far.

Mod Pips, Mod Drew and the RuneScape team
I like the daily challenge thing, at least you can earn your second ticket whenever you want.
Byzantus.png

There goes most of my reasons for wanting Warpriest or the Godsword.... Not sure why protect on death warpriest would have a huge impact on game economy... it's not as if warpriest is that OP compared to other commercially available armors...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

why would they halve the godswords? it's not like they're tradeble and since they're being given out completely at random, it's unlikely that the people who want them will get them

If you die in wildy they drop the regular godsword, so its pretty easy to convert and sell them if you wanted.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It does replace dragon though, right?  Assuming your defense is high enough.

As if dragon has any significant use after defence level of 70... besides you'd only get the t60 stats with a defence level of 75, plenty of armor around those levels already too.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

True I guess, but I know plenty of players who have a set of Bandos/Armadyl/Subjugation who wouldn't go running into a dangerous area with it, and a slightly weaker set protected on death might convince them otherwise.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yes, but since they are not going to risk it anyway, it won't affect the demand of the armor, at least in your scenario

From what I can see, the protected warpriest isn't suddenly making the set usable in places that weren't (mostly those places are because of warpriest themselves, rather than the risk of losing the armor. The only thing i can see is that people will go to bosses that they were reluctant to go because of the possibility of losing armor (which, frankly, can mostly be worked around anyway with or without the golden armor).

tim_chenw2.png