[DISCUSSION] Ironman mode

852ttaM

Dwarven Instinct aura hands out a ton of free stuff on IM accounts, though.

I am still wondering if I should use it, also, is it repeatable or just one time only?

Also, why did they give us the festive aura when we cannot use them... Just not give it please...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Ouch... I think I will wait a week to see what the mods will say about this. It does look like a huge oversight to me... I hope it is and gets removed... I am not sure if I should use it if the mods say that it is intended :| also they probably will not rollback any items gotten from it if it is not intented...

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I doubt they'll rollback your items but if you're holding off to make sure it's okay from an integrity point of view, thumbs up for you  :thumbup: ,

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

dcSdY.png

I must say, while I usually don't care in regards to updates, this one does disgust me. How can they have not thought through what the aura would mean long term for crying out loud?

Saying "Oh, we're sorry, we're just gonna change that now even though some people have already purchased this on the grounds that they're getting what they're buying, but now we're gonna change it, lol sorry."

That's like me selling you a dual fuel cooker for £200, and then the next day, I deliver a bundle of sticks (Jagex) and some matches, and say "Here's your oven, sorry, we didn't think how much better your cooking would be with what you bought, so we decided to give you this instead. Oh, and you're not getting any money back or off the original price. Did we use false advertisement for the time between announcements? Tough."

The free items don't bother me, I'd have enjoyed them being fairly OP, but I wouldn't have cared if I didn't get them in the first place. My main point of irritation is that this was piss poor judgement on Jagex's part. Don't sell us something and then change what it is after a multitude of people have already used it.

• Like 1

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Jagex takes forever to fix things, people complain it takes too long.  Jagex goes ahead and rectifies things faster, and people still complain.  Poor JMods  :rolleyes: .

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

dcSdY.png

I must say, while I usually don't care in regards to updates, this one does disgust me. How can they have not thought through what the aura would mean long term for crying out loud?

Saying "Oh, we're sorry, we're just gonna change that now even though some people have already purchased this on the grounds that they're getting what they're buying, but now we're gonna change it, lol sorry."

That's like me selling you a dual fuel cooker for £200, and then the next day, I deliver a bundle of sticks (Jagex) and some matches, and say "Here's your oven, sorry, we didn't think how much better your cooking would be with what you bought, so we decided to give you this instead. Oh, and you're not getting any money back or off the original price. Did we use false advertisement for the time between announcements? Tough."

The free items don't bother me, I'd have enjoyed them being fairly OP, but I wouldn't have cared if I didn't get them in the first place. My main point of irritation is that this was piss poor judgement on Jagex's part. Don't sell us something and then change what it is after a multitude of people have already used it.

If you are an ironman you shouldn't really be surprised that this got nerfed, I would be more surprised if it didn't. As it wouldn't otherwise make sense that we don't have TH, didn't get loot from halloween chests etc.

Jagex takes forever to fix things, people complain it takes too long.  Jagex goes ahead and rectifies things faster, and people still complain.  Poor JMods   :rolleyes: .

Haha true :P I love it that they fix this so fast :) now it was like a one time only thing for the ironman that used it, something I can live with.

Retired item crew

In regards to this issue, it shouldn't have even come up in the first place. Jagex should know that a large amount of their player base (over 59,000 ironman accounts (hardcore and not) were created since release) has Ironman accounts, and that they'd be incited to buy the membership packages because of the aura that we were "sold" as it was. How on earth they can be foolish enough to let that slip their minds, considering it's one of the biggest updates of this year alongside Elf City, is beyond me.

Once the aura was given, and hundreds (if not thousands) of ironmen had bought membership packages and received this incentive, it should have been left as it was. Overpowered maybe, but not to the point of game breaking, and it's extremely irritating that they decided to change it (the post with the J-Mod posting that he'd nerfed it came well over six hours after release) after multiple people (myself being one of them) purchased a service which was then changed immediately after our purchase.

If you are an ironman you shouldn't really be surprised that this got nerfed, I would be more surprised if it didn't. As it wouldn't otherwise make sense that we don't have TH, didn't get loot from halloween chests etc.

It's not a case of me being surprised that they nerfed it, I'm surprised that they were foolish enough to let it slip through in the first place. Their decision to then change it a full six hours plus after the release when they must have known that a large number of people had purchased the aura for this incentive had then had it changed from what it was is what disgusts me with the situation. We bought what we paid for, and it should have either not been released to Ironmen in the first place, or not been changed.

I'll also reiterate my point in that I don't care for the free items that I'd have received had the aura not been nerfed. My irritation is from Jagex's decision to overlook the ironman community when releasing the aura (which makes me believe they're a bunch of slack-jawed fools), and then change the way the damn thing worked after a number of people had specifically bought the packages to take advantage of the aura.

Dragon "(I love brackets!)" Kng198
  • Like 1

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

I agree with you that this shouldn't have happened in the first place. I disagree with you that they shouldn't change it. It doesn't fit ironman at all and creates a gap between ironman that bought it and that couldn't (or didn't want to). Also you sound like everyone did buy the golden membership for the aura, which is not true. I didn't buy it for the aura, and I am sure there are many ironman who also didn't and which also would want it nerfed.

Retired item crew

After all the hype and continued success of the official diy accounts, they still managed to let something that goes against their views for IM blatantly slip through for profit.

I mean I understand that they're a business but advertising one thing then changing it after you've sold it is a really bad business model to portray. I feel they should've bit the bullet and admit their mistake and be more proactive in the future for such things.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I don't understand how diy went from just doing things yourself to this entirely exclusive formy of game play. I bought the pack and the aura was neat but I didn't think it was too over powered. My im has ~1400 total level and in the hour I used it pretty nerf I got 13 emeralds 54k gold and 8 planks.

Anyone that thinks 78 planks once a day is over powered is nuts. That would be the absolute maximum you could get. It takes hundred of thousands of items for most skills.

Im should have been exactly as it was unofficially with reduced xp from minigames. Why should all rewards be turned off. They have implemented all sorts of methods to prevent boosting would it really have been that bad that you get 15 herbs from pest control?

Given the amount of dead content in the game why exclude one of the biggest groups of new players.

Over all I'm still alright with the loyalty pack because of the access to auras but I'm disappointed in retroactive changes.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

A large chunk of the reason for disabling TH for Ironman mode was that you could buy your way to an "unfair advantage". The Dwarven Instinct aura is similar to this, giving premier club members rewards that they would only get from shelling out RL money, just like someone who buys a bunch of keys for TH.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't understand how diy went from just doing things yourself to this entirely exclusive formy of game play. I bought the pack and the aura was neat but I didn't think it was too over powered. My im has ~1400 total level and in the hour I used it pretty nerf I got 13 emeralds 54k gold and 8 planks.

Anyone that thinks 78 planks once a day is over powered is nuts. That would be the absolute maximum you could get. It takes hundred of thousands of items for most skills.

Im should have been exactly as it was unofficially with reduced xp from minigames. Why should all rewards be turned off. They have implemented all sorts of methods to prevent boosting would it really have been that bad that you get 15 herbs from pest control?

Given the amount of dead content in the game why exclude one of the biggest groups of new players.

Over all I'm still alright with the loyalty pack because of the access to auras but I'm disappointed in retroactive changes.

I agree with you on the minigames... why can we not do mobilising armies and just receive the quest kit, locator and clothes (and be able to make those (i) rings)... but it seems like they are slowly working on allowing more minigames (I think they are now working on pest control?)

Retired item crew

I agree that treasure hunter needed to be excluded but this aura wasn't even close to the same. The maximum output doesn't occur until later levels anyway and they brutally murdered it. Maximum of 2 herb seeds is absurd. 13 isn't a huge amount.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Not when you can burn through those in a day, and IF you have the scroll of life you'll be lucky to get maybe 2/13 of those back. Personally I don't think it was OP, though I haven't used my IM account (or main) for a few weeks due to time constraints.

Popoto.~<3

Having one shot at using the aura is blatantly neglecting the IM rules? Yeah that doesnt sound like someone is jumping off the deep end [/sarcasm]. If they let it run for several weeks it would seem even more so, but i think you are being a bit narrowsighted.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Having one shot at using the aura is blatantly neglecting the IM rules? Yeah that doesnt sound like someone is jumping off the deep end [/sarcasm]. If they let it run for several weeks it would seem even more so, but i think you are being a bit narrowsighted.

I have no idea what you mean by that, but it seems you're under the impression that the aura is a one shot thing? It's something you can activate daily and rewards you with 6 chests for the hour you use it.

6Ij0n.jpg

I have no idea what you mean by that, but it seems you're under the impression that the aura is a one shot thing? It's something you can activate daily and rewards you with 6 chests for the hour you use it.
Yeah i know its only an hour.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

13 ranarr seeds isn't a huge amount in the ironman world?

Given the variety of rewardand how often you might get those 13 seeds I don't think it's that much. If you could get to elf city think of the seeds you get from thieving or should that be nerfed for Ironman as well? What I was trying to get at that if it had been up to the players it wouldn't have been as restricted as it is. It would have been no trading and no treasure hunter.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The players fought for no TH because it was an avenue for pay to win, and this aura similarly falls under that category because you only get it from this premier club thing. Also, if the aura procs every 10 minutes (which is what I'm led to believe), you've got a pretty good chance of hitting the seeds category at least once, given that there are only 8 categories to pick from.

Getting seeds from the Elf City wouldn't be the same as either this aura or TH, because you've earned the access to it from training your skills and completing quests, not because you bought it with cash.

6Ij0n.jpg

I don't disagree that handouts can ruin the experience my issue is nerfing everything into oblivion for iron man accounts. Why they couldn't just settle for half the rewards but instead have to remove the top two tiers and then halve and then some all the rewards seems a little extreme.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items