Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mod MMG leaves Jagex

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

I believe MMG have done a good work at Jagex. Certainly the SoF and SGS could be discussed. Especially as Jagex claimed that they would never EVER introduce microtransactions. But then he have kept it at, at least as I see it, reasonable standards. During his time as a CEO Jagex have also indeed got better at listening to the players. I mean, a couple of years ago, who would have thought we would get to vote on which quests we would like to see next in the game? I certainly didn't anyway.

Now I hope Mod Pips will do even better. RS still has a whole lot of potential for improvements of all kinds.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

I quit pretty much as soon as he took over as CEO, whether this is a coincidence or due to the direction he took the game I can't actually remember.

Personally, I was hoping Mark would have either got or applied for the CEO job.

In all honesty, he's (MMG) probably getting out before the game goes south even more.

Flyingjj
[ Display Name History ]

Flyingjj

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,181 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:flyingjj

I thought we established that Pip was NOT going to be CEO and they hadn't decided on a new one yet. I think the confusion stems from MMG saying he has been stepping back for a while and passing some of his duties to Pip so that they were covered in his absence while they find and train a new CEO.

Posted Image

Paragon
[ Display Name History ]

Paragon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • RSN:-

Could have done a better job imo

Ulysses
[ Display Name History ]

Ulysses

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • RSN:Candelae

In all honesty, he's (MMG) probably getting out before the game goes south even more.

I think so as well.

IMO it is a good move by him (career-wise, given the state of the game when he took over, and the Present), and good for the company as well (for the same reason more or less).

Got to give MMG credit for acknowledging that he and his team have made multiple mistakes over the years (I am sure nobody would disagree on this). Whether things could have gone better does not matter anymore; damage has been done, game has arguably been tarnished.

Could the new team rectify the problems? Probably not in the foreseeable future.

In the discussion from a few months ago about the 200 --> 138, game decline, power to player and etc., I have mentioned that it was not entirely their fault for the perceived decline of the game. Time has changed; people move on. Perhaps it is time for newer ideas and a 'fresh face' CEO to come in and revitalise the game and its community. It is certainly going to be a tough job for the new team. Either way, wish MMG all the best and pray for the gamers/audience for whatever project he is engaging in next.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Talking about Marks, does anyone know where Mod Mark is? He seems to have dissappeared. :s

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
Could it be that he was forced to resign after the amount of damage EoC has done to the community has, with the introduction of Legacy, finally been crystallized out?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RSN:Blofeld
In all honesty in my opinion its not RS he's getting out of before it goes south. I would say its just as likely he's getting out in case Transformers completely tanks, because the investment in that and has been done entirely under his leadership. Theres a lot to lose career wise with it.

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210

I hope new CEO will see future for Runescape not quick cash grab

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Zerker_Jane
[ Display Name History ]

Zerker_Jane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • RSN:Zerker Jane

Good riddance.

Posted Image
99 farm easy

squel_is_winner
[ Display Name History ]

squel_is_winner

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 72 posts

Maybe he just wants to try a new experience with his life and the opportunity has presented itself.  Every time I've resigned from a job, its been because I have found a better one, not because I failed at my current one.

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

Talking about Marks, does anyone know where Mod Mark is? He seems to have dissappeared. :s

I think he's Design Director now, or he was when I last spoke to him.

I was hoping he'd get CEO, the game would definitely be back to over 100K+ players active at a single time.

Etjien
[ Display Name History ]

Etjien

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • RSN:UCA

I think he's Design Director now, or he was when I last spoke to him.

I was hoping he'd get CEO, the game would definitely be back to over 100K+ players active at a single time.

I think he makes a great designer and even community spokesman for the designers. But he doesn't have the qualifications of CEO. CEO is a business position and for a company the size of Jagex, the CEO requires experience with accounting and general money matters.

Even Andrew Gower wasn't CEO and he knew he wasn't qualified for it. That is why they got there friend Constant Tedder to handle the business part of the company. Simply someone just doesn't have the time to be both a designer and CEO.

Always best in any situation to let a good designer stay a good designer and let a knowledgeable business man handle the business side.

CquL9ly.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users