15 September 2014 - Rune Value Improvements

Arceus

Can someone post a picture of the updated cave crawler models?

Also what does it mean by attach their respective hoods for max and comp capes?

Posting a gif of the overload model would be nice too.

Here's a gif of the new cave crawlers http://www.gfycat.com/BelatedDirectDalmatian

Looks like they've eaten one too many adventurers.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Guide for Rune Goldberg Machine:

#1 fill the 3 slots with any 3 runes

#2 if all are green go to #6

#3 if the 1st light is green move to the next step, if it isn't green remove that one and add/remove runes until it is green.

#4 if the 2nd light is green move to the next step, if it isn't green remove it and add/remove runes until it is green.

#5 if the 3rd light is green move to next step, if it isn't green then add/remove runes until it is green

#6 if all are green then profit...

I think you actually want to swap out all three runes at once if none of them are green, so that you can try a new one in each slot while only using up one "attempt" or however they call it. If I read the post right, the more combinations you try, the more runes it uses when you finally hit "combine."

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Here's a gif of the new cave crawlers http://www.gfycat.com/BelatedDirectDalmatian

It's uncanny how my brain now labels them as dogs, even though almost nothing has changed.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Here's a gif of the new cave crawlers http://www.gfycat.com/BelatedDirectDalmatian

It's uncanny how my brain now labels them as dogs, even though almost nothing has changed.
I feel exactly the same way... they look the same, but overly fed.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

nah, key change was their legs getting longer

they need to adjust the machine to only attempt a new combination when you hit a separate switch, instead of just automatically burning an attempt when you swap out runes and leave the slots full

8f14270694.jpg

So apparently you need to have the interface settings box 'Toggle player notification' checked in order to not display the log in/out spam.  Counter-intuitive, but easy to figure out by trial-and-error :P.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Has anyone determined a pattern for what to try when we get a yellow result? It seems to suggest that certain elements/types are grouped together and knowing how they're grouped should reduce the number of required tries to get 100.

It's also worth investigating whether if a rune isn't a match for a particular slot, it isn't a match for any slot.

Has anyone determined a pattern for what to try when we get a yellow result? It seems to suggest that certain elements/types are grouped together and knowing how they're grouped should reduce the number of required tries to get 100.

It's also worth investigating whether if a rune isn't a match for a particular slot, it isn't a match for any slot.

Guess we can keep track of it for several days and observe if there is a pattern, but my guess is that it's pretty much random within the constraints they specified.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Today's is Astral, Air/Nature/Body - mine was Astral/Air/Nature. So, you can get one of the three from the second slot as your third slot.

With 100 vis wax per day, I can double my div location gather limit (40), use supreme JoT twice (40), and either double a challenge (20) or reroll two challenges (10 each). That's pretty solid. Rerolled some challenges with yesterday's and today's wax, wound up with two doubled Airut bones prayer challenges for a nice 55k total xp (and quick raffle tickets!), and also did three JoT reward books (one yesterday I hadn't claimed, two today) for 60k Herblore xp, as well as double daily divine location gathering on whatever was around. Not bad for maybe an hour spent in-game.

Also, you don't have to carry the runes with you; it takes them from your bank, which I didn't realize.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Prices are gonna tank though, as with most new items. Earlier today prices were floating around 9-10k.

I think extending challenges is the best value, especially when used on stuff like DG. Not reliable though and I'm not sure if rerolling is worthwhile.

Extending Div locations is like ~150-200k and like 20-25k XP which is pretty good, but you can't max out both money and XP.

40 wax for a second JoaT seems worse than extending div locations. You get XP in skill of your choice, but no extra profit and probably less XP.

If wax prices really plummet, it might be worth doubling greenfingers to get 2 protection cycles out of it for herbs. Other 10 wax extensions are probably worthwhile as long as you use for full duration obviously. I don't think any of the 20-40 wax extensions are worth it and vamp/penance will again depend on where wax stabilizes.

Prices are gonna tank though, as with most new items. Earlier today prices were floating around 9-10k.

I think extending challenges is the best value, especially when used on stuff like DG. Not reliable though and I'm not sure if rerolling is worthwhile.

Extending Div locations is like ~150-200k and like 20-25k XP which is pretty good, but you can't max out both money and XP.

40 wax for a second JoaT seems worse than extending div locations. You get XP in skill of your choice, but no extra profit and probably less XP.

If wax prices really plummet, it might be worth doubling greenfingers to get 2 protection cycles out of it for herbs. Other 10 wax extensions are probably worthwhile as long as you use for full duration obviously. I don't think any of the 20-40 wax extensions are worth it and vamp/penance will again depend on where wax stabilizes.

Yeah, I net about 20k xp per JoT use; that's not worth 40 wax at those prices. Div locations can be worthwhile, depending what you use.

I doubt doubling greenfingers is worth it at all; I only lose one herb every other run or so, and it wouldn't guarantee no dead herbs. Vamp/penance... well, I definitely don't use those enough to spend wax on them; someone who does a lot of bossing might find that worthwhile, but that's a long time to be bossing.

Rerolls are definitely risky, but I suspect once the price settles, they'll be reasonably worthwhile.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

The average value of runes required for one try if we only use 17 types of runes(mud, smoke and mist are not used as they cost too much) is 163k, not considering extra trys. If we assume to know the first and second runes and do not expect 100% success (for the third slot will try starting from the cheapest rune forward until reaching atleast 93%) about 5 trys should be enough, then you should be able to get vis wax at under 1.8k per day (under because we can start offering from cheaper runes). I'm guessing the GE price will stabilize between 2.5 and 3k, which makes these quite a bargain. 300k to recharge vampirism is very cheap, and 120k for divine locations is also cheap, although means you get the xp but not gp from them.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Are you poor?  This stuff is super OP.

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Not everyone uses auras though

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Not everyone uses auras though

And not everyone who does wants to extend their duration (remember, you don't reset the cooldown, you just extend the duration by 50% or 100%; not sure what happens if you try and do that while it's on cooldown).

• Like 1

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Does anyone know how many times you can use the Vis wax to extend auras? Is it just the once per day or as many times as possible? I know that the JoT etc. can only be resetted once so I presume extensions are limited too.\

EDIT: The answer was right in front of me on the main update article... :blink:

Does anyone know how many times you can use the Vis wax to extend auras? Is it just the once per day or as many times as possible? I know that the JoT etc. can only be resetted once so I presume extensions are limited too.

One extension per cooldown period :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Useful information for those who have maxed or have 4 skills + any combat skills left to  max.

You are currently able to complete a daily challenge, turn the challenge in and then reroll/extend the same challenge. Obviously you'll need to less than 5 or less skills left to max (all combat skills are considered as one challenge) so you know that when rerolling you know for a fact you going to get the skill you've just completed. I've just got around 900k Dungeoneering experience this way and I can get way more if I choose to buy more Vis wax. I can see this getting nerfed very soon.

Forgot that you only get one per challenge day. Only seemed good at first because I had 4 challenges outstanding in skills I didn't want to do... so once those were rerolled you ended up having nothing left.

i more meant doubling daily challenges and divine locations

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Useful information for those who have maxed or have 4 skills + any combat skills left to  max.

You are currently able to complete a daily challenge, turn the challenge in and then reroll/extend the same challenge. Obviously you'll need to less than 5 or less skills left to max (all combat skills are considered as one challenge) so you know that when rerolling you know for a fact you going to get the skill you've just completed. I've just got around 900k Dungeoneering experience this way and I can get way more if I choose to buy more Vis wax. I can see this getting nerfed very soon.

Forgot that you only get one per challenge day. Only seemed good at first because I had 4 challenges outstanding in skills I didn't want to do... so once those were rerolled you ended up having nothing left.

It's still handy for those who don't play every single day.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Affordability isn't the core of my argument. If it works out that the GP of Vis Wax is much greater than the actual effect then it wouldn't be worth using because it would be better to just sell.

I already think that extending challenges and locations is worthwhile in most cases. JoaT would also be fine, but I think generally worse than the other two. The other auras are the most questionable in the value.

if you get 1 phase at vorago over another dps because you're on aura for a second hour it's worth it.  if you get a high enrage araxxor kill you would have failed otherwise it's worth it.  if you don't die bomb tanking because you had penance and didn't get smited.