What monster do you hate fighting the most?

Blaze The Movie Fan

I was originally gonna titled this "least favorite", but least favorite would imply it has been favorite at some point.

Anyway, the title basically says it all. What's your most hated monster to fight?

By that I mean which monster would you refuse to fight because you hate fighting the monster that much?

As for me, I'm gonna have to go with giant rats, cows and hellhounds.

I do like fighting all sorts of monsters, including weak ones like Al-kharid warriors and barbarians in Barabian Village.

But those monsters I mentioned give me NOTHING, nothing at all.

I could make something out of what the cow drop and cook the meat. But is it really worth fighting for that? No it isn't.

Also, I will admit that the hard clue scrolls from hellhounds are worth it, but I want to be able to get something useful while hunting for these clues, which I can easily do with greater demons, red dragons, steel dragons and nechyreals, so not worth fighting hellhounds for them.

So yeah, you got the point of this thread, now answer the question.

Steel dragons. Never been a big fan of them, they drop mostly garbage, and the steel bars constantly on the floor just annoys me

Gargoyles. They take ages and their drops are basically worthless at this point

Greater demons are also kinda a hated task for me, while I could Zamorak GWD for it, I've never really been a big fan of them

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Probably Araxxor, though it's a bit skewed as I've only successfully killed it once and had great difficulty securing that kill. My gear wasn't really top-notch and so it ended up being a bunch of long attempts only to stress at the end with prayer switching and what not. Was such a relief finally being able to kill it once and not having to go back for a while.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Steel dragons. Never been a big fan of them, they drop mostly garbage, and the steel bars constantly on the floor just annoys me

Are you sure you got the name right?

Because I don't see how 20 blood runes, rune mace, rune full helm and dragon platelegs are garbage.

In fact these drops are worth quite a lot.

Because I don't see how 20 blood runes, rune mace, rune full helm and dragon platelegs are garbage.

They aren't worth very much at all >_>

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Not anymore they aren't

With the drops I mentioned you can get over 200K coins by killing 100 of steel dragons.

Most monsters don't even have drops worth near that with 300 kills.

2K/drop doesn't seem particularly impressive to me, especially next to P2P options like bossing.  But maybe that's just me.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

2K/drop doesn't seem particularly impressive to me, especially next to P2P options like bossing.  But maybe that's just me.

Alright, fair enough.

I might disagree with most of the posts here, but that's ok. I still respect you guys.

But there is one thing I must point out.

Even boss monsters are guilty of dropping items that aren't worth a lot.

I mean the Kalphite Queen drops Zamorak wines.

Alright, fair enough.

I might disagree with most of the posts here, but that's ok. I still respect you guys.

That's true, usually because there is a small chance of a very valuable drop and that averages out to quite a bit (200k/kill average is what I've heard for QBD, for example).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Pretty sure I got the name right. They're basically pocket change to me considering the boss monsters that I kill. Steel dragons drop complete junk for me most of the time, and steel bars are not worth picking up considering the amount of time needed to pick them up compared to the amount of money/xp I'd get doing this.

Not anymore they aren't

With the drops I mentioned you can get over 200K coins by killing 100 of steel dragons.

Most monsters don't even have drops worth near that with 300 kills.

I can make 400k+ in less than 10 minutes by soloing Nex, which is much more fun than killing Steel dragons for barely any loot.

Alright, fair enough.

Zamorak wines? You mean one of the Kalphite Queen's best drops, and an item that is rising like mad in anticipation of the Bonus XP Weekend and it's obvious impact on the herblore economy?

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Zamorak wines? You mean one of the Kalphite Queen's best drops, and an item that is rising like mad in anticipation of the Bonus XP Weekend and it's obvious impact on the herblore economy?

Alright, you got me there, bad example.

But she also drops rune hatchet, which does prove my point.

Alright, I'm done. I'm just gonna let you guys continue posting and not reply anymore. Because like I said I respect you guys.

The rune hatchet is worth almost the same as a rune full helm, an item which you claim is a valuable drop from steel drags >_>

I wouldn't call less than half it's value "almost the same", but rune hatchet is still the lowest value drop listed on the KQ's table so it isn't really a fair comparison IMO.

The rune hatchet is worth almost the same as a rune full helm, an item which you claim is a valuable drop from steel drags >_>

I wouldn't call less than half it's value "almost the same", but rune hatchet is still the lowest value drop listed on the KQ's table so it isn't really a fair comparison IMO.

Yes, but if you're making 5M/hr elsewhere, 10-20k isn't much

77yLQy8.png

Yes, but if you're making 5M/hr elsewhere, 10-20k isn't much

Based on Blaze's monster killing habits I'm guessing his income/hr isn't quite 5m, was just guessing as to why he distinguished between rune hatchets and rune full helms.

• Like 1

Alright, alright, I will admit it was cowardly of me to say "I'm not posting here anymore."

This is a message board, and I should know by now that when I post there I will get a lot of people disagreeing with me, it's inevitable.

But anyway, I don't care about the money, I don't. If I did care about getting money I would have chopped down trees and sell the logs.

But nope, I don't care about the money at all, all I care about is having fun, and fighting monsters is what I consider to be fun.

But yeah I still respect all the posts on here besides mine.

I also hate steel dragons. Unless they give me a visage or an effigy!

And I agree.. cutting yew logs is very good money! I have cutted over 20,000 yew logs.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Warped Terrorbirds back before EOC.  Those things were way too tough for their level, and dropped junk.  The warped tortoises right next door were 10x easier with 10x better drops.

I also hated all the slayer monsters you had to use an item on once red-barred to kill, but they've made that process easier nowadays.

[hide=Drop List]Barrows items: 65+
Barrows double item chests: 4 (2 in one night!), Triple Item Chests: 1 --->None of these came from "double loot" events
Dragon Drops: 4 skirts, 5 legs, 5 left halves, 18 med (7 - barrows, 9 - KBD, 2 - M. Bloodveld), 2 Spears, 62 Boots, 1 Dragonfire shield (PVP'd off my friend), 8 Axes, 1 Claws, 1 Visage, 1 Pickaxe, 1 2H, 3 Longswords, 18 Daggers, 7 DDS, 2 Maces
Slayer Heads: 2 C. Hand, 6 Cockatrice, 1 Basilisk, 6 A. Demon, 5 KBD, 2 KQ
Whips: 11, Dark Bows: 3, Ranging Ammy: 2, Whip Vine: 2, Black Masks: 8, Focus Sight: 1, Hexcrest: 4, Granite Legs: 2, Staves of Light: 3, Effigies: 36
Spirit Shields: 7, Hand Cannons: 32, Dragonstones: 50+, Challenge Scrolls: 1 (skeleton)
DKs: 3 Warriors, 3 Berserker, 2 Archers, 2 Seers, 8 Axes, 4 Battlestaves, 1 Seercull
GWD: 4 Sara Swords, 3 Saradomin's Whisper, 1 Saradomin's Murmur, 1 Armadyl Crossbow, 1 Sara Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Bandos Helm, 1 Armadyl Helm, 1 Armadyl Boots, 2 Zammy Spears, 4 Boots of Subjugation, 1 Gown of Subjugation, 2 Garb of Subjugation, 1 Hood of Subjugation, 15 GS Shards
Glacors: 1 Ragefire Boots, 2 Glaiven Boots, 1 Steadfast Boots, 1 Staff of Armadyl crafted

QBD Drops: 10 crossbow pieces

Boss Pets: KBD (after only 5 kills) [/hide]
4c27eb4fa1.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png

Giant Mole. This clown has higher lifepoints that any of the regular GWD bosses. In fact I think it has the 5th highest LP of any boss. Also takes a ridiculous amount of time to kill, with a good chunk of it just being running around the cave. And this guy's supposed to be an entry-level boss????? Okay man.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Giant Mole. This clown has higher lifepoints that any of the regular GWD bosses. In fact I think it has the 5th highest LP of any boss. Also takes a ridiculous amount of time to kill, with a good chunk of it just being running around the cave. And this guy's supposed to be an entry-level boss????? Okay man.

It takes 3 minutes!

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Now that I've finally acquired The Reaper title I feel like I have good enough understanding about which monsters I like the best and which ones I don't. The worst one in my opinion was probably Araxxor/Araxxi. The fight mechanics are simply too annoying and the fight takes too long to secure a kill. Not to mention the antifarm measures that make them even harder to kill once you finally get one down. It took me hours to secure just one kill and ever since I really haven't felt like going back to try again. Considering that many of the best drops aren't even tradeable, instead you have to get many pieces (which means even more kills) to finally get something to show for it. Uggh!

I never really liked strykewyrms either, mainly due to the fact that you have to stomp them to start the fight and the fact that they do that digging move which makes them annoying to kill. Airuts are a bit annoying due to their high defence. Kalphite King is not my favourite either, mainly due to the mechanics that really punish for mistakes at wrong times. Like the one hit kill moves and the mage phase balls.

Araxxor and Kalphite King could be better if I had the motivation and time to learn fighting them properly. But as it stands now, I really have no much interest to kill them. Since I've killed like over 5k abyssal demons for daily slayer tasks, I don't really like them either. The teleporting is annoying as it often cancels good abilities (like destroy/rapid fire etc.).

I guess I could figure many more annoying monsters but those came on the top of my mind.

When it comes to my favourite monsters I really like all of the GWD bosses (including Nex). Though ever since Nex got buffed I haven't managed to solo her anymore. I liked Nex before that the best.

u5zhkTY.gif