[Update] Prifddinas - Lost City of the Elves

Miss Lioness

On the whole, I like it so far (none of the game-breaking stuff was in batch 1, saved for batch 2), though I did think there were too many Comp requirements that should have been saved for Trim. Also the Cadarn requirement was a rather pointless grind - should have never been designed. The AFK methods are a godsend.

Thieving has never really been a hard skill, and this doesn't make it significantly easier, but a bit more afk, same direction most skills in rs are going. Since there will always be alot of thieves the price of the loot has already dropped alot and will continue to do so, making the profit much smaller. The only real issue i can see are the brawler glove loot, which are pretty common actually. I've gotten 3 pairs in around 1.5m real xp. That's a bit too many to my liking. I'd rather say that seren stones with voice of seren is a much more significant upgrade (180k/h).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Thieving has never really been a hard skill, and this doesn't make it significantly easier, but a bit more afk, same direction most skills in rs are going. Since there will always be alot of thieves the price of the loot has already dropped alot and will continue to do so, making the profit much smaller. The only real issue i can see are the brawler glove loot, which are pretty common actually. I've gotten 3 pairs in around 1.5m real xp. That's a bit too many to my liking. I'd rather say that seren stones with voice of seren is a much more significant upgrade (180k/h).

It's going to drop yes, but you're still getting about 2,5 gp/xp from the coins alone. So it's definitely going to stay above 3 gp/xp no matter what. Unless Jagex decides to change it of course. Thieving has been relatively easy yes, but it has been one of the most click intensive skills regardless. That alone makes it annoying enough for huge amount of people (including me) to train.

And 180k xp/h is rather slow compared to the majority of skills. Which means that while mining may have become easier skill to train - it is still not going to reach similar popularity as Thieving, I think.

u5zhkTY.gif

@Syd, that would've been a very good article for the Times.

You do know that brawlers are like 1/10k for any brawler o.O. That is some insane luck there.

Unless there are 2 different type of brawlers, 1 that has the full 1200 uses and 1 that has only 1 use (and therefore are trolls).
  • Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I find it acceptable that people with 90+ in a skill have access to something moderately profitable for it

although when i think about it, having that be the point where things are moderately profitable sounds kind of ridiculous without the context of runescape

• Like 6

8f14270694.jpg

I am skeptical that thieving will reach 400k/hr there. but my small test was inconclusive for me to determine its validity. however i am willing to accept elves because they drop clues. I suspect traders will still be better (xp/h) for a while because of the cheeky monkey and not having to move, as well as the whole not being able to thief thing, but we shall see. if three is evidence that five finger discount and the cheeky monkey work at elves i could see it being very good indeed. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

You do know that brawlers are like 1/10k for any brawler o.O. That is some insane luck there.

Unless there are 2 different type of brawlers, 1 that has the full 1200 uses and 1 that has only 1 use (and therefore are trolls).

I'd like to think that's true, but from what i've seen from other people i know getting gloves, it's more likely 1/10k for a single type of brawler, thus averaging 2 pairs for ~1.5m xp. Smithing and mining are particularly great ones.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'd like to think that's true, but from what i've seen from other people i know getting gloves, it's more likely 1/10k for a single type of brawler, thus averaging 2 pairs for ~1.5m xp. Smithing and mining are particularly great ones.

I received 2 WC & 1 FM brawler in about 700k thieving xp. The WC gloves only lasted for like 7 logs though... (wasn't paying attention)

bGmskuB.gif

It is 1/10k for any brawlers like I said.

If you want a specific brawler it is 1/20k. And due the fact that each clan's worker has access to 2 skills, there are 2 brawlers.

I have this information from Mod Rowelf (Rowley)

bJjOF.jpg

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I received 2 WC & 1 FM brawler in about 700k thieving xp. The WC gloves only lasted for like 7 logs though... (wasn't paying attention)

My WC gloves only lasted for one log.  <_<

u5zhkTY.gif

So does anyone have any pictures of the new crystal weapons?

Any way to keep the old style shield?

And the t80 items are in batch two, correct?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,676,65484090,&showuser=Mod%A0Stacey

Looks like the brawlers being obtained nearly broken was just a glitch which has been fixed now. 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Is Thieving the new Cooking?

For a long time Cooking used to be the go-to skill when people wanted some quick experience, needed something to do while they AFK other things or simply needed to get their first 99 cape (or trim for that matter). It was most likely the simplest and easiest skill in all of the Gielinor to train. Just buy some fishes, cook, sell and repeat. In best case scenario you could even make some money with it.

This quickly lead to people more or less despising the Cooking skill. 99 Cooking skill cape (especially the not trimmed one) became sort of a status symbol for newcomers in the game. Which is quite funny - considering every 99 skill takes a decent amount of time - and even longer back in the days having 99 skill was a huge achievement. No matter which skill was it. Oh, do the times change?

Ever since this game has become progressively easier all around, when it comes to training your skills. Everything is made easier, more afk and quicker to train. On top of that you get handed tons of bonus experience almost everywhere you go. Ever since then more and more skills have become like cooking. Simple - buy some ingredients, afk while you make them and sell them. In best case you make some profit. Quickly skills like firemaking and fletching reached similar status as cooking. The easy skills.

Now I don't mean to say that firemaking, fletching or cooking are the absolutely easiest skills to train. I personally find skills like dungeoneering, prayer, combat skills and such even easier to train. They are faster and more enjoyable. Of course that is personal preference and alot of it has to do with the fact that I have trained those skills enough to know how to do it right. And I have enough money in the bank to not have to worry about it.

Since singular 99's are not really that big of a deal in the current era of RuneScape, we've turned our eyes into 120 capes. While 120 capes - no matter which skill - are relatively hard to obtain, there is a trend already where 120 capes such as cooking, firemaking or fletching (maybe even defence or magic capes) aren't really held as "that big achievements". Now with the new Elf City update, I'm going to go out on the limb here and say that Thieving has become the easiest skill in RuneScape. To go for a 120 cape that is.

I tried testing some Thieving rates yesterday. If someone here hasn't tried Thieving in Elf City yet - let me just say that it's extremely afk activity. The XP rate is atleast on par with dwarf traders and we can only expect that to rise with the introduction of the remaining four clans. Biggest problem with current Elf City thieving is the fact, that sometimes you get caught by all clans in less than 20 minutes, which basically blocks you out from Thieving anything in Elf City for a short while. This might not sound like much at the moment, but in the worst case scenario it can mean up to 100k XP less in an hour. Well, worry not - even in worst case (and 99 thieving) it's still over 250k xp/hour. Guaranteed. In best case it's somewhere between 350k-400k xp/hour. Assuming you can keep thieving on constant rate. When the Elf City is complete, I'm certain you can create an optimal thieving path where you can constantly keep thieving the ones that give the best XP rates. Expect 400k+ xp/h in the future.

Now 400k xp/hour might not seem like that much. Granted - you can get more experience with similar AFK rates doing some other skills. Or higher XP rates with less AFK chances. But the difference with Thieving and all those other skills is that generally in RuneScape faster experience costs money. So assuming you didn't have any money to begin with, you would have to first spend time to gather money - and then use the money on skills to gain proper experience rates. With Thieving this is completely opposite. In the Elf City you're not only making the best Thieving xp/h rates, but you're also making money.

Of course, this is not the fastest way to make money in the game, but it's still rather decent. According to my calculations yesterday you can make anywhere between 4-5 gp/xp. Probably even more when the Elf City is complete, depending on what kind of drops the remaining clans will have. 4-5 gp might not sound much, but when you are already making over 300k xp/hour, it quickly adds up to 1,2m-1,5m gp per hour. Again - it's not the best there is - but you need to look at the full picture here. It's 1,2m+ gp/hour doing one of the most AFK activities in the entire game, that yields one of the best hourly XP/rates in the game. Notice a pattern here? In every way it's a win-win situation. You get quick XP, you get to AFK and you also make some money.

With that being said, my estimation is that the amount of 120 Thieving capes and the amount of 200m Thievers we will see in the future is going to skyrocket in next few months.

Untrimmed thieving used to be the sign of RWTers/botters considering the ease of botting sorc garden

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Crap wave 19 after like 6 tries... TDs are killing me. Glacors meh... ive been abusing the hell out of sunshine, dragonbreath and chain to no avail. Also using ice nihil, mage scrim and aura.

I feel like this is the next sunfreet... everyone is scrambling to findsomething of a foothold to surpass it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Go with titan for the super fast tds kills instead tbh. I took a melee switch for the airut since they seemed a bit of a pain with magic, and of course blood spells for the muspah. Took maybe 6-7 tries before I got to wave 21, and then got to wave 22 on my weekly run of it :)

Edit: Also does anyone have any thoughts on blocks/prefers for the elf slayer master?

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Has anyone been following the talk on 'the Ravensworn' title?

I might try the titan pouch and specs. What about just using ice nihil to atyack them? Not sufficient dps? Should i use warpriest or stick with virtus since ill be mainly maging?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Apparently there are three mod titles:

The elfborne

The stupendous

The ravdnsworn

Does anyone know how to get the stupendous?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Go with titan for the super fast tds kills instead tbh. I took a melee switch for the airut since they seemed a bit of a pain with magic, and of course blood spells for the muspah. Took maybe 6-7 tries before I got to wave 21, and then got to wave 22 on my weekly run of it :)

Edit: Also does anyone have any thoughts on blocks/prefers for the elf slayer master?

I got to wave 22 :D

Also preferred Black Dragons lol

2dgucz6.png

I got to wave 22 :D

Also preferred Black Dragons lol

Yeah who wouldnt...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png