27 Oct 2014 - Broken Home & Guthixian Caches

Tim

So once you know wtf to do the challenges aren't that hard at all.

I did 1 replay, few mess ups that cost me ~2 mins, went after all 9 temporal lock chests for the lvl 10-90 lamps using ~1-2mins extra finished in 36mins with only 1 food used and no deaths.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[spoiler=Quest Spoiler]

Kind of shows a dark sense of humour when the absolute nicest outcome for the quest is that the child has its soul eaten, the insane murderer's soul gets to rest easy, and we save a demon from insanity.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

[spoiler=Quest Spoiler]

Kind of shows a dark sense of humour when the absolute nicest outcome for the quest is that the child has its soul eaten, the insane murderer's soul gets to rest easy, and we save a demon from insanity.

we kind of forgot to save that faceless maid

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

[spoiler=Quest Spoiler]

we kind of forgot to save that faceless maid

Kinda just assumed she was beyond saving

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

An 85 Defence ring with strong combat stats, and a chance to reduce adrenaline cost for thresholds to 0, plus a chance to restore a portion of the cost of special attacks.

Enjoy!

dang first quest ill be doing in years

• Like 1
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Basic Guide for those truly stuck.

Covers bare minimum to beat the quest, skips a few un-needed rooms but doing this will get quest beat.

Step 1 Head west via the dining room to see a servant die and find raven key & clock hands.
e9pp14j.png

Step 2 Add the clock hands to the clock in the dining room to get an eye gem. Then head over to the study where you can find a trial and error book puzzle to get 2 more eye gems (now up to 3)
hGe4cDv.png

Step 3 Head to the northern part of the house via the east corridor to find a statue puzzle. Beat it for eye gem 4
lE555Tx.png

Step 4 Head on upstairs and then eastwards to find a closet with some notes. Search them to get spider key and first piece of scroll.
0ChB80R.png

Step 5 Loop around and  into the western upstairs area. To the south a dead servant yields the statue key and next door behind a curtain you can get eye gem 5.
LbXpCWV.png

Step 6 Head northward and and into a small room with a statue. Eye gem 6 is on the floor. Add 2 eye gems to each statue to unlock a series of doors.
In the last room we get scythe key.
Sof2pyq.png

Step 7 Back out and over the landing to find the shrine. Here we get a piano key and skull key.
CVALuWD.png

Step 8 As you exit you'll hear a scream and have to go back and peep through to see a dead servant. Thanks to this you have to loop around to the north where a bolted door forces you downstairs to loop around to the main hall.
Enroute one corridor turns purple and causes damage, as does the main hall. You just gotta run on through and reach the other side of the main hall where we can now go north and into another closet to find scroll fragment 2.
sHVpqCu.png

Step 9 Heading north we can fix up a piano to enter a secret room - purple and hurts but a skeleton in the far corner has an eye gem we need.
bsH8JEI.png

Step 10 Head on east to reach the basement finally. Search the dead butler in the north west room for the cleaver key.
tiZvfCj.png

Step 11 Head on to the north east room and WALK through a knife puzzle to reach the kitchen.
From the kitchen we need to grab the pipette from the first room on the north and use it to get pigs bile in the 2nd room to the north.
In the room to the east we can grab some ashes, chuck both in the cauldron and grab a pipette of it to bust open the south door.
This door gets locked behind you but head into the west room to fish the doll key out of another servant.
TTt0g3j.png

Step 12 Head straight over the corridor and search the hooks for the snake key which gets you up the ladder back to the main hall.
Run upstairs and into the western area where at the far end we can enter the nursery tower. Up here we get the tusks key.
fRdHneA.png

Step 13 Head to the north and enter the far door for the trophy room. Play with the bust to reveal a trap door to a nice dead thief with the last eye gem.
rcVmYcW.png

Step 14 Back through the statue spiral and we can open the last door to reach a tomb with a hair brush.
Take this back to the ghost in the nursery tower for a cut scene and the noose key.
At various points now the monster will spawn and give chase, but just run and you'll be good.
Head over the landing and unbolt the door to the north then move the servant and loop round to reach the noose door. Search the cupboard for a new basement access.
pQGKH9p.png

Step 15 Head along the corridor making sure to stop at the peep hole then head down stairs into the lower levels
cjus9WN.png

Step 16 No map here but fairly simple to follow and no real danger.
When it comes to the pressure plate pillar door push all but the northern one and then stand in the middle.
When you reach the reception desk you need to get the chains key from it.
Explore down here til you get the dagger key then head back out.

Step 17 In the house head for the main hall upstairs and through the last locked door. In here you find scroll part 3 and can combine them to make the spell. Note due to where the monster spawns on ground floor you will have to go via the dining room you can't just go from the corridor to the main hall.
JVNqfNg.png

Step 18 Run to the east end of the corridor then use the scroll on the monster. Have a little chat then loop around and head downstairs for the finale.
S80tJv9.png

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So is it just me, or is this quest and One Piercing Note some of JaGeX's stronger work?

• Like 2

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I really liked the atmosphere and how the whole mansion-puzzle was put together. Nice scenery and bits of lore (Mod Jack is releasing background lore on RSOF about the ghost, he's a real insane person...) and moments were I really had to hurry (with all the damage and 37 minute challenge). Love these kind of quests. Much better than most recent works.

So is it just me, or is this quest and One Piercing Note some of JaGeX's stronger work?

I was actually thinking of it as sort of an anti-One Piercing Note

While One Piercing note was a dialogue heavy attempt to save a building from a demon that turned out to be a person cloaked in white, Broken home was a dialogue light attempt to save a building  from a bunch of incredibly white colored people and one of them was really a demon.

Also, in one piercing note you manage to save most of the innocents, in Broken Home you can really only save the killers.

Plus, both times one of the themes was the danger of madness.

• Like 1

misc quest thought

was that "human ashes" thing supposed to be scary? they do realize that we've killed more collective creatures (many of which are also human) and purged their remains than the god wars, right

8f14270694.jpg

Can anyone confirm no Defence xp gained during quest?

I did it on my Ironman and didn't get any defence xp. There's no combat and the reward allows you to pick what skill to dump the lamp/star in.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

So can anyone explain

[hide]why your name shows up in the asylum registry, crossed out?[/hide]

Well we know nothing about our past prior to the beginning of our Adventure @ Ashdale (Canonically)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So can anyone explain

Sequel hook, or spooky factor? Considering how little they explained about the asylum...

[hide]

Plot twist, we caused it all unintentionally and there will be a quest in the future where we go back in time to do something and inadvertently cause all of this.[/hide]

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So can anyone explain

Sequel hook, or spooky factor? Considering how little they explained about the asylum...

[hide]

Plot twist, we caused it all unintentionally and there will be a quest in the future where we go back in time to do something and inadvertently cause all of this.[/hide]

Or, it could just be magic and takes down the name of anyone that enters

So can anyone explain

[hide]

Or, it could just be magic and takes down the name of anyone that enters

I'm curious as to whether the date entry is the same for everyone, mine was 36-- or 34-- iirc and as a 4 digit number it would tie in with the runedate stuff from pop. Be interesting to work out what real date it links to.

Plv6Dz6.jpg