No More Proteans

Treasure hunter should not be a viable method of getting skills up to 200m. Protean traps, would make hunter even faster than it is already. As we all know, theres not much more endgame content to Rs than either Comping or gaining xp. So I would appreciate it if this stops being easier blk.gif

Discuss

since protean traps are only really useful at draconic jadinkos (which in of themselves are only optimal at very high levels), i think jagex considers anything at that point to be acceptable losses since ironman rolled out

8f14270694.jpg

Honestly, Proteans seem like the best compromise we'll get. All the other stuff either can be sold for money and messes with skilling supplies market price, is straight up exp like lamps, or is bonus exp you can use for basically anything. At least proteans don't produce actual items (except flatpacks but they're generally cheap anyway.) and require work in using them.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Ye, IKR, Protons are the thing making it too easy.

Should give a SHawk outfit, with a piece for each skill sub 200k/h

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Proteans boost hunter by 25% for each succesful catch, make smithing afk and free, and make construction insanely fast because of never being able to run out of planks, and having to wait for a butler.

Treasure hunter should not be a viable method of getting skills up to 200m.

You must have some serious cash to use TH as a method for getting 200mil in a skill lol.

• Like 1

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

Treasure hunter should not be a viable method of getting skills up to 200m.

You must have some serious cash to use TH as a method for getting 200mil in a skill lol.

Just as a rough calculation, how much xp do a few hundred protean traps eat through?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I actually did the math for that, I have 1,700 protean traps, it roughly equals between 400-450k xp, but that's only carrion jadinkos with no other bonus xp.

*edit*

This xp is based that all traps will be successful, and they will not all be 100% successful, I figured that out pretty quick.

battlethingz.png

Follow My PoP Blog!

Hmm, so even with several hundred traps every few spins, it would cost quite a bit to take out a chunk of 200M.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Hmm, so even with several hundred traps every few spins, it would cost quite a bit to take out a chunk of 200M.

Yes, my point exactly. So even with bxp I don't see a huge difference in xp gains.

battlethingz.png

Follow My PoP Blog!

^ Thanks, I completely forgot about those lol. It's much faster and better xp.

battlethingz.png

Follow My PoP Blog!

I like protean items, the prices of certain items are ridiculous, like mahogany planks..pfft! Give me some protean planks instead!

battlethingz.png

Follow My PoP Blog!

grenwalls are like 1500 xp/ea. my 4k traps will last me for 6m xp

It's closer to 1300 each and don't forget you'll catch pawya and lose traps if they get triggered. 4.6m is a more likely estimate.

Source: I've done 4800/10000 of my protean traps

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

grenwalls are like 1500 xp/ea. my 4k traps will last me for 6m xp

It's closer to 1300 each and don't forget you'll catch pawya and lose traps if they get triggered. 4.6m is a more likely estimate.

Source: I've done 4800/10000 of my protean traps

Yup, when I hunt grenwalls I also catch pawyas, but I don't mind, it's all hunting xp!

battlethingz.png

Follow My PoP Blog!

• 1 month later...

Cashing out TH items is in general a ripoff because the payout is so low, and in general that's precisely why it is so low. The lucky items are one notable exception, under some circumstances.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Cashing out TH items is in general a ripoff because the payout is so low, and in general that's precisely why it is so low. The lucky items are one notable exception, under some circumstances.

That's true, but the OP acted like he's forced to use the protean items which is not the case at all.

I did the same mistake two years ago when I made a rant on the squeal of fortune, which is what the treasure chest was back then.

I think OP's point was actually that the presence of the protean items in the first place makes it too easy to get loads of xp for players willing to buy keys, not that he did not want to receive them. But perhaps sometime he will return to tell us.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png