10th Nov 2014 - Prifddinas - Lost City of the Elves - Part 2

Tim

I don't think you need to add excessive grindfest to comp to make it less common.

To make it less common all you need to do is make sure the incoming reqs are frequent and add new and differing challenges to the cape.

Another factor would be the influx of new players - it is only becoming more common because there are less new players incoming than there are old players reaching the end-game. The issue isn't so much a lot have comp cape, its more than too high a proportion of players are end-game for the overall playerbase.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Comp Capes aside, a lot of Batch 2 is a severe letdown:

-The Prayer method is awful; too much gp/xp, inferior to practically every other preexisting method.

-The Divination training method (Shadow Cores) is completely impractical. The monsters take significant effort to kill, and the Shadow Cores (which give the divination experience) are actually uncommon drops.

-Edimmus are a complete joke. They have 32K hp, yet give 800 slayer experience (Kalgerions which also have 32k hp give 1800+ slayer experience); they have shit loot; shit charms (Kalgerions give triple charms), are aggressive so they can be annoying if you get gang-banged by multiple Eddimus, and yeah. Even the Shadow, the Manifest one, I believe, gives 930 slayer experience, despite having half the hp the Eddimmu does, being non-aggressive and being much easier to kill - that's a complete joke. The Blood Necklace doesn't work on bosses - another drawback.

- The agility course is good, but the camera zooming is very annoying (like Livid).

- Crafting is pretty meh.

- What they did to thieving is a travesty. Significantly reduced the brawler rate, the coin rewards, and a lot of the clans have unnoted shit troll loot that clogs up your inventory and interferes with AFK'ing.

-Harmony Moss was advertised as an alternate way to train farming, yet despite the tremendous effort required, it gives shit farming experience.

-The MAW/Shards has a variety of absolutely shit rewards which are a complete slap in the face of the effort that it took to obtain the shards (each shard took 1 hour, 10 are required for 1 prize, and half the time it's 10-20K gp or some rune item; absolutely unacceptable).

-Still no altar and obelisk in Max Guild.

But yeah, so much potential wasted in Elf City. A major disappointment.

Really at the moment the problem does not lay with the content itself, its the fact that the balancing is absolutely atrocious. I want to do many of these activities, but the numbers are just ridiculous

The divination part is so clearly broken due to how uncommon the shadow cores are, it genuinely seems like no one ever tested it. Not to mention how surprisingly strong the monsters are.

The thieving was previously fine-1-2m gp/hr was not game breaking at all. Again, what mod thought single divination energies and cups of tea were okay as drops.

For the amount of effort taken to grow it moss should reward several thousand xp per harvest, not the pitiful current amount.

As for the prayer training method I found it really amusing that in the Q&A last week when asked about the rates, the developers commented that the poor cost and xp rates wouldn't matter because people would do it so they could socialize due to it being more afk.   Have they even met the current community, or played the game. Cost and xp rate trump everything.

I really hope they stick to what they boast about most: listening to us. But I fear we'll be fobbed off with an excuse again.   Has anyone listened to the latest podcast to see if it addressed anything?

• Like 1

- Crafting is pretty meh

Especially with all the hype they poured into crystal singing. I'm sorry, but getting a rare (their word, not mine) and untradeable drop from one of the guards, then spending god knows how long at the harps for 1700 dust... all for a single permanently degading T80 weapon? I mean, I'm not even close to being an efficient player and I can tell you're better off just paying to have it charged, except why would you do that when you could get a permanent and (most likely) longer lasting royal crossbow for less?

I feel that this batch is underwhelming for short. It could do with many changes. I think the following should be changed:

Missing content:

- Place to store recent capes (without costs, looking at you multiskillcapes).
- Add counter to Cadarn NPCs
- Differentiation between clans, Clerks and Bankers in character model. Just a slight recolour could do wonders.
- That Div locations not counting for Daily Limit should be implemented.
- Prayer altar and/or Summoning recharge obelisk at Max Guild.
- An idea to include Dungeoneering in Prifddinas: a resource Dungeon that resets itself at random intervals which acts as a normal floor. More like a D&D.
- An actual overworld construction training method.
- Reobtaining the cosmetic gear from Diango or by other means.
- Ability to disable certain skills @ Harmony Pillars when maxed (99/120 for Dungeoneering).
- Saw a good suggestion of making the Amlodd Summoning Obelisk have an option to do Familiarisation whenever there is one active.
- Another good suggestion I saw, was making the bonus for the wheat patch portal to Puro-Puro, permanent upon completion of the Impling Challenge.
- Some free extra bankspace would be nice as soo much new items has come out lately.
- "Darkhemming" mentioned that when rocks are harmonized but it is empty, it is wasted. It should force spawn the ores and harmonized.
- Possibly award Herblore Habitat seeds from Crwys workers.

Content that should be changed or improved:
- Agility Course Cutscene needs to be removed, if possible, so we are able to chat without the chat resetting and whatnot.
- Chance on Recipes in Dungeoneering needs to be vastly improved from 1/320(?) to 1/64 with a guaranteed spawn in a large floor.
- Shadow creatures, tone down their strength/make cores a 100% or very common drop. Ties in to the Divination "method", it needs to be comparable to 80s spot.
- Thieving rewards. I rather had less exp/pickpocket than thus huge nerf to loot. Felt soo unrewarding and underwhelmed. Nerf wasn't really needed if compared to recent PVM-droptable changes. Implement the changes as discussed on Reddit between "ItsBowser" and "Mod Wolf" would be a good start. Also "Etheral Bond" has a post in this thread where he also has a good short list of changes that should be implemented. Personally better even than "ItsBowser"s list. Exp is fine, could be reduced a bit if needed. Loot + Coins are the real rewards anyways, not the exp..
- Softclay spot should be "concentrated" or "harmonized".
- Prayer method should be vastly less costly. Was expected as a much cheaper, but slower method. Instead it is indeed slower but about same cost.
- Harmony Pillars should either net more Moss, or require less exp to give yield. The Comp. requirement is exorbinantly high due to the exp requirement currently and low yield. Notification when the pillar has finished would be sweet.
- Add other overworld implings to Prifddinas.
- Some completionist requirements are out of balance or shouldn't have been added to completionist cape.
- Perfect potions to include their previous effect. E.g. Perfect Farming Juju to also increase herb yield, perhaps extend this too to Allotement.
- Talent Scout to last about 1 minute in-case you missed it and already clicked on next obstacle.
- Increase duration of Crystal tools. Ten-fold would be a good start.
- Once again, Thieving as it is now, is outclassed easily by Dwarves, which have far lower requirements, same afkability, similar if not better exp and better loot.
- Non-hatchet/pickaxe crystal tools should act as scrimshaws for skilling. 3 hour duration for normal ones and higher for attuned seeds.

Content that are good, but could do with minor balancing:
- Hefin Harps, might be boost it a little bit. By 10-15% in both Exp rates/Dust.
- Motherlode MAW, rebalance should be assessed. Perhaps an increase in Comp/Trim related rewards the closer to comp. Also possibility to exclude rewards if comp. requirement has been completed.
- Eddimu, increase the slayer exp. by a lot. Improve drops a slight bit.
- Attuned items, just no realy need for it as outclassed by practicallity, could do with less dust required. Add the seeds to pickpocketing loot. "Mr G W" has a great breakdown on this.
- Serenity Posts could do with a limit or reduction to change speed. E.g. Lady could call stance X and call stance Y literally 3 exp drops later. It should be more like Artistan Workshop's Burial Armour.
- Make the emotes unlocked by the Agility Course also a resting animation. Shouldn't be really hard to do.
- Supreme overload to be a tad higher than it currently is. Make it boost to 120.
- Slightly improve the spirit gem-rate again from the gem rocks.
- Dungeoneering cards, ability to stack up, up to 5 would be nice.
- Bloodtree was a nice addition, but could it be changed to an Elder tree instead?

Great content:
- Good map layout.
- Agility Course, nice balancing.
- Hatchet/Pickaxe Dust requirement.
- Sandstone.
- Blood Necklace.
- Divine Locations in Resource Dungeon, would be nice to spawn only 75+ locations.
- Rate getitng Agility Course rewards are good now, thanks for fixing.
- Absolutely stunning music.
- Herblore Recipes themselves are a good idea and a much welcomed addition.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I was also thinking of ways the released content could be re-balanced, because, lets be honest, the content itself is mostly great, just the balancing has gone wrong on so many things...

So yeah, my list:

Add cleansing crystals as a ~1/200 reward from thieving all of the elf clans. This would fix both thieving and prayer methods(think extra 800k-1m for thieving and 8-10 gp/xp prayer), as people would actually have a real market for these things. Possibly add the crystals from other sources also (drops from shadows, elves and edimmu).

Edimmu definitely need rebalancing. atleast a 50% improvement to slayer and combat xp plus enhancement of the drop table should be in order.

Shadow creatures need rebalancing. I'm totally OK with their strength and the slayer xp, but their drops, inducing the cores are just awful. Cores should be made 1/3 or 1/2 drop (which would equate to 50 or 75k div xp an hour, respectively) and they should definitely receive other worthwhile drops.

The harps. Maxed players should be able to get atleast 1k dust an hour (currently around 700).

Harmony pillars are extremely unbalanced. They should give ALOT more farming xp, perhaps as much as 10-20k depending on yield. Possibly add other effects/rewards to harvesting for example spawn crystal implings during vos.

As of right now, most of the content they've just released is basically useless/redundant because of balancing issues, the exception being both agility methods where, surprisingly, they did a very good job balancing wise.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yeah I heard very few complains regarding the Agility stuff. Also most people could see a slight buff to the Harps, but nothing major (Approx. what I suggested).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

So from listening to the latest podcast it seems we won't be getting these tweaks anytime soon.  Osborne basically said that the staff are all very busy with POP2 and the 200th quest right now and therefore cant focus on fixing the city until they are done, and to expect a big update addressing issues later on.

i know the podcast was recorded Tuesday/Wednesday ish ,but he seemed painfully unaware of the issues: he seemed to think that everyone loved and was using the cleansing crystals for example. The only problems he seemed to think were big issues were the 20k agility cap and that the reason people were annoyed at the thieving changes was because skills like DG and agility don't easily lend themselves to items to pickpocket.    I really hope that since it was recorded they have made some more critical observations. Apparently he is going to compile a list of things they plan to change soon and put that on the forums.

You would think they would allocate more resources to analyzing/fixing things after an update, particularly as huge as this one, and especially after they've been running various Power to the Players polls on reactions to updates.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Especially with it being the biggest update of the year too...

Comp reqs seemed daunting at first but  I guess they're fine. Looks like the implings will be my last one to do, I've done a fair bit of puro puro and found about 5 dragons but no kingly or crystal yet. Any tips?

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Maybe they ought to think about fixing the South facing log in bug - fed up with running the wrong way everytime I tele into Elf land !

Can't be that difficult :)

My impression was that it was not a bug but an intentional change to throw off bots for a while.  A tip if you didn't know: clicking the compass will turn you so you are facing directly north.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Maybe they ought to think about fixing the South facing log in bug - fed up with running the wrong way everytime I tele into Elf land !

Can't be that difficult :)

My impression was that it was not a bug but an intentional change to throw off bots for a while.  A tip if you didn't know: clicking the compass will turn you so you are facing directly north.

Neither it was the short term fix for the camera issues where perspective went wonky. For whatever reason setting the camera to south on loading into a new area stops the issue.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That explains things, thanks for info...well I guess we will see how short term the fix is but 10M tells me it sticks around a while.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Comp reqs seemed daunting at first but  I guess they're fine. Looks like the implings will be my last one to do, I've done a fair bit of puro puro and found about 5 dragons but no kingly or crystal yet. Any tips?

Both recipes and implings are common from the maw. The maw will always give you the lowest impling you've yet to catch. So yeah, assuming you are slowly doing moss anyway, there is no particular need to rush those things. I got my last impling (crystal) from the maw today, for example.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Bit that really got me from podcast (that hasn't been mentioned) was talk of harp xp rate being low because it gives dust.

Erm all the feedback was pretty much nothing to do with xp and all to do with the fact the rate of dust is beyond awful.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Both recipes and implings are common from the maw. The maw will always give you the lowest impling you've yet to catch. So yeah, assuming you are slowly doing moss anyway, there is no particular need to rush those things. I got my last impling (crystal) from the maw today, for example.

Thanks a lot, I didn't know those were possible from the maw. I guess I should fill up my strange rock bag to stop those happening too

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Bit that really got me from podcast (that hasn't been mentioned) was talk of harp xp rate being low because it gives dust.

Erm all the feedback was pretty much nothing to do with xp and all to do with the fact the rate of dust is beyond awful.

Meanwhile corrupted ore gives lots of expees and also additional smithing expees.

Account Help

You would think they would allocate more resources to analyzing/fixing things after an update, particularly as huge as this one, and especially after they've been running various Power to the Players polls on reactions to updates.

Latest results in the Elf CIty Batch 2 reaction poll:

45% Great

8% OK

2% Didn't like

13% Want to play, haven't

27% Want to play, can't

2% Don't want it

From the first three categories (those that can and have tried the content) close to 82% of them are satisfied with the content. What does this poll tell them?

We should stop voting 'Great' en masse if we really want to tell them content needs improvement. (That said, I voted Great)

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Still 12 draws from the maw with zero recipes :(
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Still 12 draws from the maw with zero recipes :(

I got Kingly from Maw today however I only need Crystal Imp, so won't always give you the lowest imp you need.

the_lad_1.png

I feel that this batch is underwhelming for short. It could do with many changes. I think the following should be changed:

Missing content:

- Add counter to Cadarn NPCs
Agreed, would be nice
- Prayer altar and/or Summoning recharge obelisk at Max Guild.
Disagree, it's already overpowered with the ability to bank from DKs/KK in 20 seconds, we don't need more overpowered upgrades as it is
- An idea to include Dungeoneering in Prifddinas: a resource Dungeon that resets itself at random intervals which acts as a normal floor. More like a D&D.
Disagree, we already have Sinkholes, we don't need another DG D&D
- An actual overworld construction training method.
Strongly disagree, some skills have already become much easier with the inclusion of Elf City, and Construction still has some form of respect because there aren't many other ways bar getting RSI, so let's keep Construction as least a bit respectable
- Ability to disable certain skills @ Harmony Pillars when maxed (99/120 for Dungeoneering).
Disagree, players could camp certain skills which are incredibly fast to procure a lot of moss when I personally believe that's not the point. Plus, shouldn't Harmony Pillars train all skills IN HARMONY?
- Saw a good suggestion of making the Amlodd Summoning Obelisk have an option to do Familiarisation whenever there is one active.
Good suggestion, I agree
- Another good suggestion I saw, was making the bonus for the wheat patch portal to Puro-Puro, permanent upon completion of the Impling Challenge.
Sounds like a good idea to me Spongebob
- Some free extra bankspace would be nice as soo much new items has come out lately.
No. We have plenty of free bank space when people aren't hoarding stupid items that they don't need, and we can buy enough bank space as it is.
- "Darkhemming" mentioned that when rocks are harmonized but it is empty, it is wasted. It should force spawn the ores and harmonized.
Sounds like a good plan
- Possibly award Herblore Habitat seeds from Crwys workers.
Meh. No real opinion either way

Content that should be changed or improved:
- Agility Course Cutscene needs to be removed, if possible, so we are able to chat without the chat resetting and whatnot.
Agreed
- Chance on Recipes in Dungeoneering needs to be vastly improved from 1/320(?) to 1/64 with a guaranteed spawn in a large floor.
NO! THIS IS A COMPLETIONIST REQUIREMENT, IT'S MEANT TO BE HARD. WE DO NOT NEED TO MAKE THINGS EASIER JUST BECAUSE THE MASSES ARE WHINING LIKE LITTLE GIRLS!
- Prayer method should be vastly less costly. Was expected as a much cheaper, but slower method. Instead it is indeed slower but about same cost.
Don't agree that it should be vastly cheaper, although a bit cheaper would be a good idea.
- Harmony Pillars should either net more Moss, or require less exp to give yield. The Comp. requirement is exorbinantly high due to the exp requirement currently and low yield. Notification when the pillar has finished would be sweet.
NO! THIS IS A COMPLETIONIST REQUIREMENT, IT'S MEANT TO BE HARD. WE DO NOT NEED TO MAKE THINGS EASIER JUST BECAUSE THE MASSES ARE WHINING LIKE LITTLE GIRLS! It's meant to be Harmony Pillars for crying out loud, shouldn't all skills be trained IN HARMONY?!
- Add other overworld implings to Prifddinas.
Why? It'd just spam up an already busy city in sections. We already have otherworld implings in the resource dungeon. Disagree
- Some completionist requirements are out of balance or shouldn't have been added to completionist cape.
NO! THIS IS A COMPLETIONIST REQUIREMENT, IT'S MEANT TO BE HARD. WE DO NOT NEED TO MAKE THINGS EASIER JUST BECAUSE THE MASSES ARE WHINING LIKE LITTLE GIRLS!
- Perfect potions to include their previous effect. E.g. Perfect Farming Juju to also increase herb yield, perhaps extend this too to Allotement.
Sounds like a cool idea, I agree
- Talent Scout to last about 1 minute in-case you missed it and already clicked on next obstacle.
Again, another cool idea
- Once again, Thieving as it is now, is outclassed easily by Dwarves, which have far lower requirements, same afkability, similar if not better exp and better loot.
Same AFK'ability? You can just sit and watch the Elves being pickpocketed, you have to keep clicking for Dwarven Traders. The elves have drops enough as it is, it shouldn't be better than something which requires more work (even if it's not much more work).

Content that are good, but could do with minor balancing:
- Hefin Harps, might be boost it a little bit. By 10-15% in both Exp rates/Dust.
Don't agree, they're good as they are
- Motherlode MAW, rebalance should be assessed. Perhaps an increase in Comp/Trim related rewards the closer to comp. Also possibility to exclude rewards if comp. requirement has been completed.
Agreed, some of the drops are frankly ridiculous
- Serenity Posts could do with a limit or reduction to change speed. E.g. Lady could call stance X and call stance Y literally 3 exp drops later. It should be more like Artistan Workshop's Burial Armour.
Semi-agree, at least it makes sure that people who want the XP quickly are watching, but I don't really care one way or another
- Slightly improve the spirit gem-rate again from the gem rocks.
Disagree, it's easy enough to get a stockpile of spirit gems as it is, it doesn't need to be easier considering it's much faster than combat
- Dungeoneering cards, ability to stack up, up to 5 would be nice.
Disagree, it's a nice enough system as it is I believe
- Bloodtree was a nice addition, but could it be changed to an Elder tree instead?
Agree, bloodtree's are basically dead content as it is

Great content:
- Good map layout.
- Agility Course, nice balancing.
- Hatchet/Pickaxe Dust requirement.
- Sandstone.
- Blood Necklace.
- Divine Locations in Resource Dungeon, would be nice to spawn only 75+ locations.
Disagree, we'd lose divine box traps and herb 2, which some people prefer getting
- Rate getitng Agility Course rewards are good now, thanks for fixing.
- Absolutely stunning music.
- Herblore Recipes themselves are a good idea and a much welcomed addition.

My two cents.

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

I haven't got jack from the maw other than a damage enhancer and MA enhancer. We should be able to turn in these enhancers for any other one that we need.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So yeah.... All RNG based? try none RNG based. Getting all potion recipes is the most RNG based and can easily gotten with normal gameplay, even if you don't consider the maw (i've got 3 recipes from the maw) or consistent yak, which make is extremely easy to get. Implings were a given and everyone knew about it for a long time. It's your fault for trying to do this during rush-hour. All-in-all, for people that will comp in the future, these new requirements won't really make the cape any harder to get. It's just the old compers who are whining because their candy was taken away.

It was obviously hyperbole, but the point stands:

-Implings: RNG based. Could go to Puro Puro, but that's luck. Could use scrimshaw but that's RNG as well. Went through 2 scrimshaws at all sorts of trees, including ending up at Crystals, didn't get anything buy the 5-6 common implings. Friend has gone through 3 Scrimshaws at Crystal Trees, still waiting for Kingly. Another friend found Kingly after 6 hours of world hopping.

-Emote: RNG based (was ridiculous enough that it had to be hotfixed).

-Recipes: extremely RNG based (with people having spent several hours and not having even gotten one). Yes the MAW can give you recipes, but it too is also RNG based, the usual reward from it is coins, rocks or other stupid stuff. I have gotten one recipe from it, in addition to various completely crappy stuff the other few days (coins, rune items, strange rocks).

Harmony Moss: RNG component determining harvest, otherwise a minimum of 40M experience (if you happen to be unlucky).

Again, there is absolutely no excuse for these sorts of requirements, and why with both batch 1 and 2 the trim barely had any while Comp had basically everything. Nobody can deny that basically since the creation of Trim and Comp, there's been a fairly clear tradition about what sort of requirements to expect for each, and it's been maintained for years. This update (as well as batch 1) was a complete reversal of that. And in my view a pretty scumbag thing to do.

----

So yeah.... All RNG based? try none RNG based. Getting all potion recipes is the most RNG based and can easily gotten with normal gameplay, even if you don't consider the maw (i've got 3 recipes from the maw) or consistent yak, which make is extremely easy to get. Implings were a given and everyone knew about it for a long time. It's your fault for trying to do this during rush-hour. All-in-all, for people that will comp in the future, these new requirements won't really make the cape any harder to get. It's just the old compers who are whining because their candy was taken away.

If all recipes can be gotten from DGing normally from 1-120, why the [bleep] bother adding it as a req in the first place? From that perspective, it seems to me it was added specifically to piss off old compers.

Unlocking all herblore potion recipes is as much of a completionist deed as unlocking all magic spells, including those from an angry agricultural association.

I wouldn't have been opposed to all herblore recipes if they were bought through tokens or some other way. To make them Dungeoneering based (a skill that Compers are not only 120 in, but many are 200M in) was just pure trolling.

Ahahahah say neigh to gambling

and then some kids whine because I want to put money on a row of flowers, hypocrits xD

What? What are you going on about?

The double standard of luck-based completionist requirements versus literal gambling, I think. Jagex fought hard against the latter (by doing everything but the sensible thing, but that's not the point) but they only seem to be getting more fond of the former. It's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison, and in the elf city's case it's probably more of an issue than it could have been thanks to bad balance.

The double standard of luck-based completionist requirements versus literal gambling, I think. Jagex fought hard against the latter (by doing everything but the sensible thing, but that's not the point) but they only seem to be getting more comfortable with the former.

Oh. Well, if that is what he is saying (I have some doubt), then I'm in agreement as are most people. Luck-based requirements, and even strenuous requirements have always been reserved for Trim, not Comp. This recent attempt to force the trim style onto regular comp capers and make it into the new trim is completely stupid.

I know I'll probably get shot for this but I'm personally happy that standard comp cape takes longer/harder to get.

As someone who doesn't have one, it was blatantly obvious there was a large saturation of comp players, to the point where at the Grand Exchange there were more often than not more compers than mid/low/high level players.

It's nice to see something intended to be prestigious becoming more uncommon.

The Comp is ridiculously common now because of Jagex's own fault. The bulk of the time/effort comes out of the fact that you need 99/120 in all skills. Over the last couple of years with the mass proliferation of free experience (bonus weekends), and even spins (even if you don't buy a single spin, on good days you can get a free 100k-200K XP for doing absolutely nothing but hitting spin), of course skilling has become quite easy and there's thousands of players who're maxed. Mind you, after a period of time, this was going to happen no matter what Jagex did, but they greatly accelerated the process.

They let the cat out of the bag so they could make some more money, and now it's not going to go back in, no matter how hard they dry, and no, RNG based requirements are not a solution. They don't reduce the number of Compers out there, they only make them more miserable.