Snowverload & Dominion Tower Rumble Mode

Howlin0001

People seem to forget that for every boss you kill, your factor increases at an exponential rate. Sure, it may seem crappy for the first 50 kills or so, but once you rack into the hundreds, expect your factor to rack into the hundred thousands.

How does this compare to climber, though? You can hit 100k or so factor within 15 kills and it's always been pretty minimal effort.

People seem to forget that for every boss you kill, your factor increases at an exponential rate. Sure, it may seem crappy for the first 50 kills or so, but once you rack into the hundreds, expect your factor to rack into the hundred thousands.

How does this compare to climber, though? You can hit 100k or so factor within 15 kills and it's always been pretty minimal effort.

Let's just say I got over 400k for around 20 minutes of effort in Rumble. Don't remember how many kills that was, but it was in a 5-man team.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Even I use Truely from time to time XD, but then again, I like old languages =3!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I didn't think it was possible for an update to be worse than skillchompas this year. But, then this showed up.

Dominion Tower Rumble is absolutely awful. The dominion factor is the worst rate in tower. The spawning system is suffering via killing anything low ends up instant spawning something else that is most likely Nomad LOL. Just ends up being kill the new spawn every time. The title is completely cheese-able if you just don't kill anything ever once you get a low level grouping. I don't even think they can ever hit you if you get the group low enough or just use a blocker/tooth creature.

The Snowperson Boss is like Sheep Herder or that April Fools cabbage kicking thing way back, but more stupid and longer. Ohh and you have to miss Warbands to do it. The exp isn't comparable to any method unless you're hitting sub 20 minutes. W48 took half an hour.

I guess the patch notes were okay.

I wasn't active when skillchompa's were released. What is so bad about them?

I take it that they're time-consuming to hunt down and not really all that useful >.<.

I know we have moved past this, but I can't let this misleading information sit out here.

First Skillchompas are good xp and money from hunter. Which is not easily said anymore (the money part at least)

Second Skillchompas make it so rocktail fishing is equal xp to barb fishing, but unlick barb fully AFK!

In my opinion Skillchompas are pretty awesome!

I'll be honest and admit their total uses are limited for a number of reason which I won't start listing here.

But they have found a place and from a hunter perspective they can be pretty good for a player looking for a good balance between xp/gp when training hunter.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

The exp isn't comparable to any method unless you're hitting sub 20 minutes. W48 took half an hour.

I don't think we should be worrying about the experience from holiday events. I wouldn't care if holiday event didn't give any experience. It might actually be better this way.

The event is about people coming together in one place (maybe working together maybe not, we can argue this separately) and completing holiday themed tasks for holiday themed rewards.

My thoughts on this years events:

• I have no complaints about the Tinsel Snakes personally, but I am one of the people who steals from others and holds by tree until I get 10 then turns in immediately as I know it causes less to spawn. (hate me if you want, it is the mechanic)
  • The Christmas Cracker in the Crater was horrible. I did actually manager to pull it. Just happened to see a post about it being close and hoped on at work... But this should definitely been handled better. All they had to do was set the limit lower to have it happen a few times a day and then just set it so the rewards could only be received once a day. There problem solved! But instead they need to set some crazy high number of needed wrapping paper pieces. This is the exact same as the issue with the Guthix Shrine, come on please learn from previous mistakes. (anyways I'm repeating others at this point).
  • I also have not done Snowverload, but I can see how it would be a problem. I have a few ideas on how it could have been done better, but I'm sure we all do, so I wont bore you with mine.

90.png

max.png

I didn't think it was possible for an update to be worse than skillchompas this year. But, then this showed up.

Dominion Tower Rumble is absolutely awful. The dominion factor is the worst rate in tower. The spawning system is suffering via killing anything low ends up instant spawning something else that is most likely Nomad LOL. Just ends up being kill the new spawn every time. The title is completely cheese-able if you just don't kill anything ever once you get a low level grouping. I don't even think they can ever hit you if you get the group low enough or just use a blocker/tooth creature.

The Snowperson Boss is like Sheep Herder or that April Fools cabbage kicking thing way back, but more stupid and longer. Ohh and you have to miss Warbands to do it. The exp isn't comparable to any method unless you're hitting sub 20 minutes. W48 took half an hour.

I guess the patch notes were okay.

I wasn't active when skillchompa's were released. What is so bad about them?

I take it that they're time-consuming to hunt down and not really all that useful >.<.

I know we have moved past this, but I can't let this misleading information sit out here.

First Skillchompas are good xp and money from hunter. Which is not easily said anymore (the money part at least)

Second Skillchompas make it so rocktail fishing is equal xp to barb fishing, but unlick barb fully AFK!

In my opinion Skillchompas are pretty awesome!

I'll be honest and admit their total uses are limited for a number of reason which I won't start listing here.

But they have found a place and from a hunter perspective they can be pretty good for a player looking for a good balance between xp/gp when training hunter.

They are about the best consistent exp/h for hunter, in my opinion.

The exp isn't comparable to any method unless you're hitting sub 20 minutes. W48 took half an hour.

I don't think we should be worrying about the experience from holiday events. I wouldn't care if holiday event didn't give any experience. It might actually be better this way.

The event is about people coming together in one place (maybe working together maybe not, we can argue this separately) and completing holiday themed tasks for holiday themed rewards.

• I have no complaints about the Tinsel Snakes personally, but I am one of the people who steals from others and holds by tree until I get 10 then turns in immediately as I know it causes less to spawn. (hate me if you want, it is the mechanic)
  • The Christmas Cracker in the Crater was horrible. I did actually manager to pull it. Just happened to see a post about it being close and hoped on at work... But this should definitely been handled better. All they had to do was set the limit lower to have it happen a few times a day and then just set it so the rewards could only be received once a day. There problem solved! But instead they need to set some crazy high number of needed wrapping paper pieces. This is the exact same as the issue with the Guthix Shrine, come on please learn from previous mistakes. (anyways I'm repeating others at this point).
  • I also have not done Snowverload, but I can see how it would be a problem. I have a few ideas on how it could have been done better, but I'm sure we all do, so I wont bore you with mine.

Just remove the xp lamps and give us snowballs to throw at eachother, sounds more fun, and don't make it that we have to come back every day in order to receive maximum rewards, now it feels like I have to do work for an event which should be all about fun. I want those silly mini-quest back from way back...

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Just remove the xp lamps and give us snowballs to throw at eachother, sounds more fun, and don't make it that we have to come back every day in order to receive maximum rewards, now it feels like I have to do work for an event which should be all about fun. I want those silly mini-quest back from way back...

You're going to give the TH developers a heart attack :o.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

doesn't the snowglobe do that? if only they did some of the non-tradable holiday items either free, from doing other holiday things or on solomons/loyalty store like they said they would (unless i'm missing something)

baileydafrog.png

I really do miss the holiday mini quests.

90.png

max.png

They have a holiday miniquest coming involving the queen of snow melting some ice elementals. The rewards are a snowboard that can be useed to perform tricks and level up to a rune snowboard.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Any tips for beating Hreidmar and Grimsson? Tried twice, couldn't kill one of them either time. First time I went in with no strategy trying to out DPS Hreidmar. Almost worked but failed when I was about to kill Hreidmar. Second time I trapped Hreidmar and lured Grimsson (similar to the quest) but had difficulty avoiding Grimsson's charge while keeping Hreidmar trapped.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

Kill Grimsson first. Then focus on Hredimar and make sure your adrenaline is at or close to 100%, and omnipower Hredimar when he's about to do his heal. Ignore minions.

I wouldn't bother with trapping tbh, just soul split and torment.

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hey all, while I'm not able to do anything about the appearance of the Snowstormer personally (I'll mention it to our graphics guys) I have made changes so that it is now an effects override so you can wear it alongside capes :)

Hopefully this change will come with the next update but I can't promise anything.

This is amazing news ;D!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'd love to see snow particles flying out of my clan cape!  Props to the JMod who took care of this.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.