Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Runescape in 2015

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Severa

The ability to choose races for our characters please. I know every other MMO has the option but being a human is getting boring. In before it's a Solomon's thing.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,084 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

The ability to choose races for our characters please. I know every other MMO has the option but being a human is getting boring. In before it's a Solomon's thing.

"The full moon draws nigh...will you buy an anti-werewolf potion from Solomon's or dare to risk the consequences?!"

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

"The full moon draws nigh...will you buy an anti-werewolf potion from Solomon's or dare to risk the consequences?!"
You have avianse, vampire, human and some costumes for ogres and such. Obviously its going to be solomons - and thats without the possibility of other cloth effects.

Honestly you are better of seeing overworld construction updates over the rework. It would be much easier to have the ability to build your own smithy, range, etc. In determined locations. They could implement perks for higher grade anvils, smithies and ranges too at the cost of using construction supplies to repair them.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Personally the idea of playing as different races seems a bit silly to me. I can't think of how playing as different races would enhance the game. There is no min/maxing in runescape aside from skills themselves, which have a concrete cap at a far shorter timeframe than other games where races are a critical choice to your character type.

If the combat/stats side of the game was different, that might make more sense. Otherwise it just seems like unnecessary fluff for older players who are bored, not really something that enriches the overall game experience.

hzvjpwS.gif

Zantareous
[ Display Name History ]

Zantareous

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts
Like most people have said, I just want them to fix/improve what already exists before they add anything else (which will likely be half-baked anyway).
  • Fix audio glitches.
  • Skill reworks (especially Smithing and Construction).
  • Improve the UI that basically hasn't been touched since its release, add more options (if they let us close and resize everything I would be so happy).
  • Minigame revival (and stop hiding some of them in that hole at Falador).  The Group system doesn't work correctly in F2P, that could help (though maybe it's too late).
  • No more time-based holiday events... please....
  • And for Jagex to stop using their Sadim touch on new games and focus on RS for at least a year.

The only exception is that I would love to have at least one more World Event again.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

VonMedo
[ Display Name History ]

VonMedo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • RSN:Medo Z G

I get the smithing rework, but what is so wrong with construction that it needs a rework?

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

I get the smithing rework, but what is so wrong with construction that it needs a rework?

It has an archaic training method to basically destroy and make 1000s of the same thing w/o actually contributing a single thing. It also basically offers very very few things that are useful.

Only things that are useful is the Gilded Altar and storage room.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

It has an archaic training method to basically destroy and make 1000s of the same thing w/o actually contributing a single thing. It also basically offers very very few things that are useful.

Too be fair, thats most skills.

Smithing brings in way too many finished goods so they need to be destroyed from alchs. Firemaking is destroying. Crafting, way too many things. etc.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Also being able to move rooms would be nice

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:Fire Hawk154
  • RSN2:Bud Bundy
  • Clan:CE, TLL, TR, FD

I hope they'll advertise the game better and make F2P more attractive, because currently it's scaring new players away.

And minigamefixes and Legacyfixes.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

baileydafrog
[ Display Name History ]

baileydafrog

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • RSN:Baileydafrog

pet house!

Posted Image

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

pet house!

Armour stand!!

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Mostly the most glaring problem with construction is that there is a myriad of small ways to improve the skill, but they can't because of how poorly it was made to begin with. As a result, there's no real reason for them to dump the money into correcting the base problem unless they do an entire rework of the skill itself.

I want a rework so construction can get the sort of cool little tweaks others skills get fairly regularly.

hzvjpwS.gif

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

I think it's more of the fact there have only been two or the updates since release and those only added an extra room at most.
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

I get moody during that time of the month.
You know, with the full moon and all.

baileydafrog
[ Display Name History ]

baileydafrog

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • RSN:Baileydafrog

Tbh i hope they never rework cons, my tt chest is full, I have a strong feeling I'd log in and find it empty on that day.

Posted Image

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,798 posts

Tbh i hope they never rework cons, my tt chest is full, I have a strong feeling I'd log in and find it empty on that day.

just empty it beforehand then :)

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Do you realise how many items that are?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,084 posts

In response:

C6h77Mk.jpg

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,798 posts

Do you realise how many items that are?

Uh, no I didn't :3 but hey it is better than losing them, if they fit in the bank of course...

Retired item crew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users