Runescape in 2015

VonMedo

since they're going to make us vote on even this minor addition, we're basically going to play another game of saw

team toilet forever

Lmfao i like that analogy. They should do a saw quest line.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I know! Let's make a horror quest where Jagex gets taken over by a corporation intent on flooding the game with microtransactions, where the only salvation is for the player to...

Never mind, it would never work >:/.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

since they're going to make us vote on even this minor addition, we're basically going to play another game of saw

team toilet forever

Lmfao i like that analogy. They should do a saw quest line.

turns out grayzag was just a puppet and the real mastermind is ali the camel

8f14270694.jpg

they can't hear you over the piles of money they make people pay them in order to use content that they can't use if they're not already paying them for a "cheap subscription" or the superultradeluxesubscription that is basically a season pass with a different name

8f14270694.jpg

Make blacksmith and artistan outfits buyable from artistan workshop

Herb outfit can be bought from flash powder factory, as well as factory outfit, and you can tie the two together to stack the boosts.

Divine outfit from caches

Sous chef can be gotten, 1/1000 while cooking any food in the cooking guild.

First age outfit, 1/1000 for burrying bones.

Shaman outfit, 1/5000 when making any pouches?

Spring, and spring cleaner be made into uncommon and rare treasure trail rewards, for all clues

Slayer masks, very rare drop from respective slayer mobs while on assignment.

Silverhawks and feathers from brimhaven agility arena.

Boom. Done. just add more cosmetics to sof

• Like 3

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Make blacksmith and artistan outfits buyable from artistan workshop

Herb outfit can be bought from flash powder factory, as well as factory outfit, and you can tie the two together to stack the boosts.

Divine outfit from caches

Sous chef can be gotten, 1/1000 while cooking any food in the cooking guild.

First age outfit, 1/1000 for burrying bones.

Shaman outfit, 1/5000 when making any pouches?

Spring, and spring cleaner be made into uncommon and rare treasure trail rewards, for all clues

Slayer masks, very rare drop from respective slayer mobs while on assignment.

Silverhawks and feathers from brimhaven agility arena.

Boom. Done. just add more cosmetics to sof

would put shaman outfit pieces in familiarization as random spawn that can be found while running around grabbing shards

first age outfit could be from burning vyres because i'm a terrible person

8f14270694.jpg

Artisan outfit should be from the Shades of Mort'ton crafting minigame instead,

Farming outfit from Livid Farm!

I am also a terrible person.

Are you taking money from Pauline under the table, by any chance? ;)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sous chef from Trouble Brewing. ;D

Farmer's from Vinesweeper tbh.

Artisan's from Stealing Creation perhaps.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Not a bad idea to have bonus exp equipment earn-able through currently dead content, but you mustn't forget that if they take too long to obtain, then nobody's going to bother getting them through there.

It needs to either be common enough (if earned through minigames that don't give much exp) or be earned from an activity that already gives plenty of exp.

They wouldn't make them common enough to be earned through those dead minigames, because then nobody would want to buy TH keys to get the pieces, and they wouldn't want it to be earned passively through already good training methods for the same reason.

I guess having them as very rare through dead minigames would be a good way to just obtain them for people who are simply into collecting that sort of stuff though.

But if people were into collecting them, they might just spend their time earning money and spending it on keys anyway, rather than trying to revive dead minigames :rolleyes:. I like the idea, but as you say I'm not sure Jagex would be willing to implement the solution.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Master Runecrafting Robes from Runespan or making Runes at Alters

Ibis Thieving set from Thieving anything

Good other ideas about the other Skilling outfits from minigames. Quests, World Event, Skill Updates.

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

PP and Ibis doesn't need reworked because PP is very good xp.

Master RC robes... do need reworked. Put them into runespan.

Heck, throw all of GOP rewards in runespan because it is a bad game from the getgo.

The only set of non-SOF skill; gear that really needs reworked is lumberjack, though.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

PP and Ibis doesn't need reworked because PP is very good xp.

Master RC robes... do need reworked. Put them into runespan.

Heck, throw all of GOP rewards in runespan because it is a bad game from the getgo.

The only set of non-SOF skill; gear that really needs reworked is lumberjack, though.

I disagree sir. GOP was a great concept in the beginning.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Master RC, Lumberjack and Construction outfits are fine just the way they are. They shouldn't be things you incidentally pick up while training at optimal rates (e.g. at Runespan). If anything, rework GOP.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Master RC, Lumberjack and Construction outfits are fine just the way they are. They shouldn't be things you incidentally pick up while training at optimal rates (e.g. at Runespan). If anything, rework GOP.

I'm thinking if GOP gave 5-10x the tokens it gives now, with 3-4x the experience rates, it would be relevant again. As far as F2P minigames go, it was very popular for a long time, until Runespan's xp rates killed it.

Also if GOP became a collaborative effort instead of versus, the content might get used by soloers without needing mule accounts / breaking the rules.

• Like 1

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Good thing I did GOP back in the day on world 61 and Gop Addict, right? ;)

It was fun while it lasted, but as of now you really can't get them without others also wanting to get the robes, because no one plays it anymore. The robes themselves are worth getting for long-term XP goals (I want the RC master cape and eventually 200m RC).

Actually, if you're doing 200m at all, any of the available skill outfit pieces are worth getting. You save more time from the bonus than you spend getting them.

It's getting them that I dislike. I already own all of the non-Treasure Hunter full skill outfit sets, including the Scepter of the Gods (which is useless if you don't train thieving with PP). Almost all of the sets are very tedious to obtain, some using rather unorthodox training methods as well:

• Hunter: charm sprites, bad xp and too damn click intensive
  • Mining: lava flow mine, bad xp
  • Fishing: fish flingers, have to wait a long time to obtain the full set
  • Woodcutting: random drop from lumberjacks, screw Temple Trekking
  • Construction: again, screw Temple Trekking
  • Thieving: random drop from PP, way too rare for what it is
  • Rc: GOP, multiplayer is required, takes a long time to get
  • Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Temple Trekking is required for Completionist tho. I hit 2 birds with 1 stone with that.

Thieving through PP is worth doing till like 91 Thieving, at the point you should go do Elven Workers or Traders.

Fishing doesn't actually take that long

Mining at the LFM is (imo) a good method till one can do concentrated coal.

Hunter is Completionist as well.

The only thing I can really agree with is the RC stuff. (Currently have 2 pieces myself, still want the other 2 =/)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

it was less that GOP needs a rework and more that they decided that breaking it, like breaking bandos throne room and flash powder factory, was better than actually MAKING A GAME THAT PEOPLE WILL PLAY

(they fixed flash powder factory but i'm petitioning for the set to merge with botanist)

(coughcough[qfc]373-374-734-65539258[/qfc]cough)

look, charm sprites may be a bit slow but it's actually faster than most set obtaining, plus it's decent charms, decent exp, they removed all the trees, and it's a handheld item that even works with giant chin

8f14270694.jpg