Recent Bot Discussions - A Jagex Response

Miss Lioness

Some consideration might be given to the idea that people are falsely banned for reasons other than "played so efficiently we concluded that only a computer could play so well".

imo the only thing that needs to changed is that they should look into all appeals and that you are able to appeal any offense.

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'd call 2 or 3 players out of millions of accounts that are only at risk if they happen to be reported and then reviewed by the humans who then make an error in judgement as close to absolutely risk free as any system could ever get that involves the potential for human error.

Thats like 1/6666th of a percent at risk (if you assume 2m accounts) and even then they are only at risk when they both get reported enough to be flagged AND the human reviewing the data makes an error in judgement.

Besides the "system" is this instance is NOTHING automated of computerised.

It is reports from human players triggering a review by human staff at Jagex.

Where they then look at a plain log of actions taken on the account.

The only "fault" in any "system" here is that the players are so efficient the log data of their action looks near identical to that produced by a bot unless subject to extreme scrutiny.

I know it is very small group out of the many millions etc, thank you :p.

All I am pointing at is how, out of all the things in the world, could trigger something like this as an efficient player. That isn't supposed to be able to happen, no matter if a human or computer check for this kind of trigger.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'd call 2 or 3 players out of millions of accounts that are only at risk if they happen to be reported and then reviewed by the humans who then make an error in judgement as close to absolutely risk free as any system could ever get that involves the potential for human error.

Thats like 1/6666th of a percent at risk (if you assume 2m accounts) and even then they are only at risk when they both get reported enough to be flagged AND the human reviewing the data makes an error in judgement.

Besides the "system" is this instance is NOTHING automated of computerised.

It is reports from human players triggering a review by human staff at Jagex.

Where they then look at a plain log of actions taken on the account.

The only "fault" in any "system" here is that the players are so efficient the log data of their action looks near identical to that produced by a bot unless subject to extreme scrutiny.

I know it is very small group out of the many millions etc, thank you :p.

All I am pointing at is how, out of all the things in the world, could trigger something like this as an efficient player. That isn't supposed to be able to happen, no matter if a human or computer check for this kind of trigger.

Yes it is supposed to happen if you looj at how opperative they are. If you know how these bots work you would change your mind. They have built in features that can simulate random mouse movements and log players out for "break periods."

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They may well answer your questions with "sorry, there is nothing more we can do." I'm not sure making threats would help your case in that instance.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Makes me doubt some bans :-k <.< Wouldn't be surprised if alot more players were unfairly banned in the past years.

Of course, there are MANY more unfairly banned than Jagex admits. But yeah admitting it would hurt the imagine of their FLAWLESS bot detection system, you know ;)

• Like 2

The only limit is your own imagination.

Makes me doubt some bans :-k <.< Wouldn't be surprised if alot more players were unfairly banned in the past years.

Of course, there are MANY more unfairly banned than Jagex admits. But yeah admitting it would hurt the imagine of their FLAWLESS bot detection system, you know ;)

But then there are the hordes of "falsely" banned players who definitely never ever broke the rules you guys, if you know what I mean...

• Like 2

But then there are the hordes of "falsely" banned players who definitely never ever broke the rules you guys, if you know what I mean...

i know that, there are more people that actually botted and say they didn't than there are falsely banned players. However, people thinking its only 2 or 3 falsely banned need to wake up, really.

• Like 1

The only limit is your own imagination.