Iron Hoarder's Oldschool Blog

Managed to complete the Garden of Tranquility and One Small Favour (not as bad as I remember) leaving this for my Swan Song requirements...

One Small Favour - 28/18 Herblore and 53/36 Agility + Shilo Village

Garden of Tranquility - 30/25 Farming + Creature of Fenkestrain

135/100 quest points

66/66 Magic

64/62 Cooking

62/62 Fishing

50/45 Smithing

50/42 Firemaking

43/40 Crafting

Uh-oh.

xpEsjxM.png?1

So many monkfish to be fished :)

Also, I used the 20k exp reward from One Small Favour on runecrafting, giving me 39, so only 5 more levels for natures :)

s7qXyNB.png?1

And this looks nice, so have another picture :o

3RmV3q8.png?1

(Notice the graceful legs, currently at 53 Agility and I have 70 as a side-goal while I fish.)

I've completed some more quests, mainly the ones giving runecrafting experience because I can't bear to craft fire runes and use up all my duelling rings and emeralds :( I will, unfortunately, have to do 42-44 this way.

bohYaHH.png

That was the completion of Slug Menace, also got myself some Proselyte armour, I was using an odd mix of mithril and steel before that, so it's a nice upgrade, especially with the prayer bonus (still need to learn how to flick prayer).

So currently, the goals are;

• Lots of monkfish (also grow cats at the same time)
  • 44 Runecrafting
  • 70 Agility + full Graceful

Had to actually train runecrafting via fires for 44, so I went and got the pouches first...

z9AiPX1.png

Which lead to this...

4yhOv1e.png?1

Such a nice level to have, I've got over 1,000 maple longbows in the bank so that's 350k+ cash once I've done a bit of runecrafting. Might have to make another 4k or so so I can start using my Kingdom. Once that's up and running I can put it on maple logs + flax which will give me a nice amount of fletching experience, hopefully enough to get to 70, then I can cut and fletch the 2,000 yew logs I've got to really get the cash pile going.

Also, the most agility I've probably ever done in a day resulted in...

uD1Wq81.png

Unlocking the ability to craft nature runes and having 83 hunter is an absolute incredible source of money, I've currently got 800k in my kingdom, and over 300k in the bank, which is so nice. Considering I've had 83 hunter for awhile, decided to go and use it, here's two inventories I did (6 dragon implings in total, 4 in about 20 minutes which was really good)

o8DztNh.png?1

^ Two dragonstone amulets which I was bang on the level to enchant, so now got a total of 5 glories :)

UALCVjQ.png?1

^ Remembered my alchs that time, also if I used all the bones on the ectofuntus, I think I'd be up to 53 prayer which is nice, I'll do that when I start some slayer.

Few quests I've done lately -

Sea Slug

Slug Menace - Proselyte unlocked, my main armour now :)

Between a Rock...

Two RFD subquests - Evil Dave and Skrach Uglogwee - two to go (Legend's and 70 cooking needed)

Scorpion Catcher

The Feud

Family Crest

I've now got roughly 500 maple logs a day coming in through the kingdom, so I'll be slowly getting to 70 fletching when I can make 1.4m off the yew logs I've cut, although I will need to pick lots of flax, mine some more pure essence and craft it into nature runes before then.

The best place to pick flax is in Lletya, so I might look into getting there quite soon. (Could put kingdom on flax but that will take ages, easier just to pick it).

Not even 10% of the monkfish goal :(

ao7Y3h4.png?1

Think I'll only be in the low 80's for fishing once I've got 20,000 as well, so 99 may be a bit of a struggle. On the plus side I'll be getting all the healthy benefits of an all-fish diet.

Not even 10% of the monkfish goal :(

ao7Y3h4.png?1

Think I'll only be in the low 80's for fishing once I've got 20,000 as well, so 99 may be a bit of a struggle. On the plus side I'll be getting all the healthy benefits of an all-fish diet.

If current fishing level is 62 roughly, i think you'll be a bit higher then the low 80's after fishing 20k monks tbh, perhaps 87-88?

I haven't done any calculations..

Runescape is a haven..

If current fishing level is 62 roughly, i think you'll be a bit higher then the low 80's after fishing 20k monks tbh, perhaps 87-88?

I haven't done any calculations..

Hope so, doesn't really matter I guess, won't be going for max for a long time ;)

Anyway, I spent a lot of time doing some rather horrendous quests yesterday, Underground Pass, Regicide and Roving Elves, meaning I could start Mourning's End Part I and get into Lletya :) With the flax field only being about 10 steps from the bank it's much faster than the Seer's field, so I picked about 1.4k flax there to finish off the unstrung maple longbows I've got sitting in the bank.

While spinning the flax I was having a look into what quests I can do (currently on 156 quest points), and it's a surprising amount. So for the next couple of days I might try and complete all the quests I can and see where it gets me, the experience rewards really add up. I've only got one more subquest in RFD to do, although being able to complete the final fight is a bit far off, so I'll likely be on rune gloves for awhile, as the dragon ones cost the same as the barrows gloves :'(

So, on with the questing :o

EDIT - Just looked through the quest journal and I've got 26 quests I have the levels for, so lots to do :) I might not be able to do some due to items or whatever, but that's still quite a few, and I've also just finished Hand in the Sand and the Horror from the Deep quests. Not too shabby :o

• Like 1

Fishing is currently on hold, there's too much stuff to do and I've got enough food to last me for awhile. First level to show you -

wNj7Gqk.png

Also, not sure why I got this because I won't be doing Desert Treasure for awhile, but anway -

JhEfDUJ.png

70 Fletching let me craft the yew logs I had banked, and them combined with the maples I had and some bowstrings -

RZxv2Ue.png?1

2,000 yew longbows and 2,000 maples :) 

384 x 2,000 = 768,000

768 x 2,000 = 1,536,000

So a nice sum of 2.3m will be coming my way once I've mined another 2k pure essence and crafted them into natures :) (also done the alching, sigh)

One thing I have been looking into is crafting, I know it's a popular thing to do due to the utility of the skill (glories/slayer rings/fury) and the cash it brings in if done through battlestaves.  So the efficient way to do it looks to be crafting air battlestaves, and the fastest way to get the air orbs would be to use 'Superglass make' at 77 magic for the molten glass.

All I need for that is 77 magic, which I'll get to 74 through high-alching and can easily boost to 77, and the ability to use Lunar spells.

For Lunar Diplomacy I'll need 61 crafting (currently 54) and 60 mining (currently 56).

Mining will be quite easy, I'll most likely do it at the Shilo Village gem mine, since emeralds are always welcome and I'll probably use the other types for bolt tips at some point in my non-existent PvM career. Crafting is a bit more difficult but having researched it, there is a store selling yak-hides after completion of the Fremenik Isles, the only requirement I'm missing for that is 20 construction, so once that's done I'll be able to buy and craft the hides.

So current things to do -

Mine pure essence - 10k ought to do for a long time

Buy soda ash, buckets of sand and seaweed at the charter shop

Looks like I'll be in the Yanille area for a few days :o

So far I've only alched the yew longbows, so I'm on around 1.4m cash and some in the kingdom, but I did do a bit of questing too...

mwZprmj.png

gRGKb92.png

Barrows gloves :D Don't feel like the quest cape would be too difficult from here, although 65 smithing sticks out as an annoying requirement. The final fight was actually not too difficult, apart from the first boss (Agrith Na-Naar). 

Also obtained this level while runecrafting, 4 more to go for law runes and now I've got the large pouch :)

tSEBXJW.png

Think I'll start doing some slayer now, I need 40 for Royal Trouble and my combat equipment isn't actually too bad, considering I've got a rune and dragon scimitar, proselyte, barrows gloves and a few glories :) 

• Like 1

misceEl.png

Really nice clue for my 4th medium :) 3 unique items, and the cloak (Bandos) is the best cape I'll have for awhile :o

Holy moley! Congrats on the triple item! Pray stats on the bandos cloak?

Holy moley! Congrats on the triple item! Pray stats on the bandos cloak?

+3 I think, so the only thing better would be a skillcape, the Ardougne cloak 3 or 4 or perhaps a 3rd age cloak ;) Pretty happy with it.

My current melee gear is therefore -

nxzx44M.png

And I also unlocked this after a farming run :)

d6ZQuE3.png

Roughly 30 prayer pots banked, off to GWD :o?

• Like 1

Grats on the prayer pots. Have you completed Darkness of Hallowvale yet?

No I haven't, not done any of the Myreque quests, can't stand the swamp '-'

CzxwH6E.png

Just finished this meaning I've got the ability to buy the yak hides and craft them, but I tried it out and it just seems slow and expensive, so I've decided to go the route of molten glass instead. All this means is I need to buy roughly 2k sand and soda ash, convert them to molten glass and then blow that into orbs for 61 crafting, at which point I'll do Lunar Diplomacy and use superglass make for orbs in the future. 

I'll then need to make enough orbs for 66 crafting for the ability to make air battlestaffs, at which point the money will start coming in and I can start construction :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Barely been playing so my cash pile is currently at about 900k and all in my Kingdom, which wouldn't be good save for the fact it's been on maples so I've got plenty of logs to cut, string and alch when I'm on. 61 crafting is banked in flax so I just need to finish them and get 60 mining and I'll be able to do Lunar Diplomacy.

Been doing some slayer lately, currently up to 49 and hoping to get to 58 for a black mask relatively soon.

Sorry for the lack of pictures/anything interesting, haven't been able to play since I'm back at school :(