Things in RuneScape that make no sense.

Blaze The Movie Fan

With the vitalis pet, specifically, it does reward skill to some extent.  After all, you'll only get a Vitalis if you get drops at Vorago, which means you have to have a good DPS rotation or be a good tank.

Except it doesn't. On my own team, we have a particular person who is the best DPSer out of us all, on most days. We happened to get a Vitalis pet, but for some reason it went to another DPS'er who clearly got less (and admitted to this) XP than the best DPS'er, wasn't basing, hadn't Voked, and it wasn't Scop. We often joke on our team how our best DPS'er got sniped.

The fact of the matter is that drop rate for Vitalis is so ridiculously low, that you could win 99.9% of the drops for your roll, but the one time you don't get a drop, or a particular phase, that could be the one time the Vitalis drops and it goes to someone else. After all, no one gets drops 100% of the time. And there are countless stories of this. People who have consistently been doing Rago since it came out and obviously know the roles and how to perform them excellently, practically in the thousands of kills, have no Vitalis, saw maybe one, and it went to someone else. Then there are other people, who did a minimal number of kills at most, have poor Vorago experience and kills, but happened to get it by pure fluke.

P5 random base drop.  Btw, scop p3 base drop isn't random...

IIRC, and I could be wrong, but I believe it was P3 or P2 (most likely P2). The only reason I mentioned Scop is to say that most teams have an understanding that the base tank gets P3 on Scop Week (by face trick, though Bomb also has a chance of getting the drop since bomb tank drops buff update). But it wasn't Scop Week, so it wasn't like the DPS'er who got it accidentally or purposefully stole the Base's drop (which would explain why he got the drop despite not having the most DPS).

after bring him down vorago can force tank the dps who does the most damage during that.  it's possible that the base didn't voke back after that.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Mod Osbourne confirmed it, its why when you re-enter boss battles for example the npcs aren't like oh you again. It's like a little time loop do over, which does make a lot more sense once you factor in death taking you to the last hub you visited now.

I think Mod Osbourne forgot about Nomad saying something to the extent of "the would-be assassin returns!" if you face him again after dying.

Now they've change it to where the drop rate merely slashes in half once the threshold is reached. So, you start at 1/5K, at 5K kills if you don't get the pet, it becomes 1/2,500, and if at 2,500 more kills you still don't get it, it becomes 1/1,250, and so on. Basically it's a wild goose chase, and you might never get it or have to go to extreme lengths to get it.

Actually, with a little bit of math, it becomes a guaranteed drop at just under 10k kills.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Mod Osbourne confirmed it, its why when you re-enter boss battles for example the npcs aren't like oh you again. It's like a little time loop do over, which does make a lot more sense once you factor in death taking you to the last hub you visited now.

I think Mod Osbourne forgot about Nomad saying something to the extent of "the would-be assassin returns!" if you face him again after dying.

Now they've change it to where the drop rate merely slashes in half once the threshold is reached. So, you start at 1/5K, at 5K kills if you don't get the pet, it becomes 1/2,500, and if at 2,500 more kills you still don't get it, it becomes 1/1,250, and so on. Basically it's a wild goose chase, and you might never get it or have to go to extreme lengths to get it.

Actually, with a little bit of math, it becomes a guaranteed drop at just under 10k kills.

Well, hence why I said the bit at the end about 'extreme lengths'.

Here is something that makes no sense.

Half a shield is FAR rarer than a dragon platelegs.

I get dragon platelegs from steel dragons every 150 drops or so.

However I have been a member for almost a decade now and not once have I gotten half a shield from any monster.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/326181-does-half-of-a-shield-even-exist/

• Like 1

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

I've got a few for y'all to think about:

When you cut a tree, they magically stack into logs neatly.

Your backpack in general. Can hold 1 billion arrows yet just 28 bananas.

Cash stack and 3 item protection. Because when you get killed for loot, the killer will leave three items and all the money in your wallet for you.

Trees grow in seconds yet take hours during farming.

Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another one.

In order to wear a rune platebody you are required to finish Dragon's Slayer, however all that's required to wear a dragon platebody is 60 defense.

What?

And it's not like rune platebody is some exclusive rare item. Anybody with 99 smithing can make it when they have five rune bars so this makes no sense.

Here is another one.

In order to wear a rune platebody you are required to finish Dragon's Slayer, however all that's required to wear a dragon platebody is 60 defense.

What?

And it's not like rune platebody is some exclusive rare item. Anybody with 99 smithing can make it when they have five rune bars so this makes no sense.

It was an exclusive rare item when it was released (except for the fact that you can buy them in the shop after the quest), as there were not many people with 99 smithing. 

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Here is another one.

What?

It was an exclusive rare item when it was released (except for the fact that you can buy them in the shop after the quest), as there were not many people with 99 smithing. 

Personally I think the requirement should be removed since this doesn't apply anymore.

I mean heck, rune platebodies are extremely easy to get now.

They are extremely common loot from hard clues and the crystal chest, so even if you don't have finished the quest, or 99 smithing, you will still be able to get these very easily.

Here is another one.

What?

Personally I think the requirement should be removed since this doesn't apply anymore.

I mean heck, rune platebodies are extremely easy to get now.

They are extremely common loot from hard clues and the crystal chest, so even if you don't have finished the quest, or 99 smithing, you will still be able to get these very easily.

But why remove the requirement as the quest is extremely easy.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

But why remove the requirement as the quest is extremely easy.

Consistency? Crazy, I know, but still.

Really, it's the F2P endgame. Makes sense with that in mind, just that they should probably work all three styles into it.

Ranged is worked into it as well (green dragonhide body), just not magic.

Retired item crew

They might have removed the req from Green dragonhide body and put it on Blue dragonhide body instead too, not sure.

Yes they did.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Really, it's the F2P endgame. Makes sense with that in mind, just that they should probably work all three styles into it.

That is a good point, I still find it stupid though that nothing is required (asides from 60 defense) to wear a dragon platebody but a quest is required to wear a rune platebody.

Wasn't a quest requirement for the herblore skill removed? I think that was a welcome change.

But looking at the article on Dragon Slayer, without the rune platebody requirement there would be no reason to finish the dragon slayer quest since nobody cares about that maze that's also unlocked.

^Except for the fact that you cannot visit crandor without doing the quest, and you cannot finish 4 task sets (lumbridge, karamja, varrock, desert). You can also not start Heroes Quest which is required for Legends quest and Throne of Miscellania (so you cannot do MTK). Do I need to continue? :P

Retired item crew

Still makes sense for ironman though, as rune plate is a lot easier to get than a dragon plate (except from diango) :P

Considering that all parts required are extremely rare drops from monsters not easy to kill, I think getting a dragon platebody without the grand exchange is nearly impossible.

^Except for the fact that you cannot visit crandor without doing the quest, and you cannot finish 4 task sets (lumbridge, karamja, varrock, desert). You can also not start Heroes Quest which is required for Legends quest and Throne of Miscellania (so you cannot do MTK). Do I need to continue? :P

Oh of course, how could I forget that?

Considering that all parts required are extremely rare drops from monsters not easy to kill, I think getting a dragon platebody without the grand exchange is nearly impossible.

It's been done numerous times, and I'd assume we have more than a few people on the forum who have had several platebodies worth of shards. They're not that hard to kill once you know what you're doing :v