Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things in RuneScape that make no sense.

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:blazemovifan

Alright, maybe if any of you can give me an example of something other than RuneScape where ghosts appear in, where you need a stupid amulet to talk to ghosts, I might take your word for it.

But so far all of you have just said "It's fictional so it doesn't matter."

At no point did I ever claim that ghosts are real. I am comparing these with ghosts that appear in other form of media.

And for the record fantasy creatures NEED rules to be considered the proper one. Why do you think the Twilight movies are hated so much?

They do need rules but they make their OWN rules.

Twilight is not hated because their creatures differ from the traditional vamps or werewolves, they are hated because they are poorly written with a car crash of a plot with no real depth to it.

It makes perfect sense that we cannot understand ghosts without a magical aid in Gielinor because Gielinor is a fantasy world and ghosts are a fantasy being and they decided we need a magic to understand them.

Plus in terms of talking to ghosts the real world itself is the prime example of not being able to directly understand them - we rely on ouija boards and seances and mediums and almost no real world supposed ghost-lore actually has them talking.

As for why they differ from living species, its simple - they are dead, living species are not. One can easily assume all living species on Gielinor are using a 'common tongue' (pretty standard fantasy trope) where by they all use one globally known language to allow us to communicate with them all. It's even something that is alluded to with the Gnomish and Elvish languages seen in written texts. Plus its not like they do all speak plain and simple english - the less civilised species like goblins and ogres speech is very disjointed and basic compared to say the higher species like gnomes and elves.

Alright, your arguments make a lot of sense, and I approve.

I still find it stupid, but you still have great counter-arguments, I will admit that.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Arguably it is stupid, it was just a means of controlling access to content via requiring the amulet first.

The stupidity of it is why is 6th age content they decided we don't need the amulet to speak with ghosts, plus they made the morytanina task sets have a reward of perma-ghostspeak.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

I really would like to come up with something that's irrefutable, but I guess such thing doesn't exist on a public message board.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

One thing that doesn't make sense is why do dragons allow people to use melee against them?

I mean they can easily fly deep into the air and use dragonbreath from there, but for some reason red dragons and steel dragons don't, and I don't get why.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

^Well most of them are in caves (probably because of humans), but yeah it doesn't make sense for those that are not in caves (for example the wildy) to not fly.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I recall somewhere they did once say greens and reds didn't fly because they were so close to lava it like damaged their wings or something like that.

Of course that doesn't really work so well these days now there are smattering of greens nowhere near lava and the steels and irons at ghorrocks too.

But at least brimhaven, ancient cavern, blues, blacks, frosts, celestials, some greens and sort of reds have a decent reason I suppose.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

It probably was something they weren't able to do, or had no budget for :P And they thought of such a silly excuse.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

baileydafrog
[ Display Name History ]

baileydafrog

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • RSN:Baileydafrog

safespotting small things that could take a second to walk around and attack you . . .

Posted Image

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

^Well most of them are in caves (probably because of humans), but yeah it doesn't make sense for those that are not in caves (for example the wildy) to not fly.

But these caves look huge and seem to have big room.

The Brimhaven dungeon for example really looks like a cave where the ceiling is way up, so I don't see how steel dragons couldn't fly there.

baileydafrog
[ Display Name History ]

baileydafrog

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • RSN:Baileydafrog

The Brimhaven dungeon for example really looks like a cave where the ceiling is way up, so I don't see how steel dragons couldn't fly there.

depends on the type of flight, I could be totally wrong but i'm sure a hummingbird was the only type of bird which can actually hover, without undercurrents it couldn't glide, without either it'd need to fly constantly which i doubt would work with it's mass and the size of the cave, even if it was high. 

can the regular dragons in game actually fly though? wouldn't be the first creature with wings that lacks the ability to an extent/entirely

Posted Image

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

depends on the type of flight, I could be totally wrong but i'm sure a hummingbird was the only type of bird which can actually hover, without undercurrents it couldn't glide, without either it'd need to fly constantly which i doubt would work with it's mass and the size of the cave, even if it was high. 

can the regular dragons in game actually fly though? wouldn't be the first creature with wings that lacks the ability to an extent/entirely

Elvarg could if I remember correctly.

Also you are correct, in most lore dragons cannot fly on one spot like the vyrewatch can.

Retired item crew

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

I'm not saying I want the dragons to fly to avoid the melee attack, I'd hate that since I'm a knight after all.

But I just don't think it makes much sense.

This thread isn't about what makes the game better, it's about what makes most sense.

ElysianWolf
[ Display Name History ]

ElysianWolf

Spider Egg

• Junior Crew
  • 71 posts
  • RSN:Earmuffs
  • RSN2:Mis

Firemaking and maybe the skill emote itself. 

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

^ Because nobody lights logs in the real world?

Heck firemaking is even a real world skill - scouts do a badge in it and everything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

Heck firemaking is even a real world skill - scouts do a badge in it and everything.

You are misrepresenting what she said.

She's talking about how people can walk on fire without getting burnt.

Anyway, time for another thing that doesn't make sense to me.

The fact that I can't bring weapons to Eterna island.

I mean seriously what the hell are they gonna do if I ignore what they say? It's not like they have any weapons on their own. I can easily just kill them if I wanted to with my dragon battleaxe.

If I had more control over my character, I'd kill them and go to Eterna island regardless.

And kill all the monks there as well. Who the hell is gonna stop me? Like I said, the monks have no weapons, so it's not like they can stop me.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

^As far as I know our character is not able to use a boat (see the Dragon Slayer quest). So good luck in getting there ;) Also it would probably mean would get into a lot of trouble if we would kill all the monks on entrana.

Retired item crew

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

Also it would probably mean would get into a lot of trouble if we would kill all the monks on entrana.

How could I possibly get into trouble for that? Like I said the monks have no weapons, so they won't be able to do anything.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Ah I see so by commenting on the actual words she wrote I am 'misrepresenting' what she said.

But by throwing in a meaning to do with standing on fires that not one single word she wrote even vaguely alluded to you are giving an accurate representation of what was written?

• baileydafrog and Ammako like this

Plv6Dz6.jpg

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Also it would probably mean would get into a lot of trouble if we would kill all the monks on entrana.

How could I possibly get into trouble for that? Like I said the monks have no weapons, so they won't be able to do anything.

Not because of the monks themselves, but because of allies of entrana, maybe even gods?

Retired item crew

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

Not because of the monks themselves, but because of allies of entrana, maybe even gods?

The gods never interfere with what's going on in the game. Can you name me any moment in the game where a god actually attacks?

Well, alright. When you take the wine of Zamorak, Zamorak could attack.

But that's just one time.

Also besides the gods, who's gonna come for their aid? No one cares about these stupid monks, and that's a fact.

Ah I see so by commenting on the actual words she wrote I am 'misrepresenting' what she said.

But by throwing in a meaning to do with standing on fires that not one single word she wrong even vaguely alluded to you are giving an accurate representation of what was written?

Well, to be fair neither of us actually know what she meant as she just said firemaking and didn't go into further detail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users