Elemental & Rare Drop Tables

Miss Lioness

Id like to point out in terms of the clan situation. nothing has changed, they are just making you wait a week before you can join a new one. also there seems to be a bug at least with my clans citadel, everyone can cap again this week and we haven't had a build tick. 

~~~legoman187~~~

I guess that's alright. It will deal with those persistent clan hoppers. 'Oh let me join again!' And regarding that, yes, everyone got a free reset because they screwed things up.

can you post a link tot where they said this? they are not typically known to be forthcoming with that sort of thing always. i want to make sure it isn't a bug.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Id like to point out in terms of the clan situation. nothing has changed, they are just making you wait a week before you can join a new one. also there seems to be a bug at least with my clans citadel, everyone can cap again this week and we haven't had a build tick. 

~~~legoman187~~~

I guess that's alright. It will deal with those persistent clan hoppers. 'Oh let me join again!' And regarding that, yes, everyone got a free reset because they screwed things up.

can you post a link tot where they said this? they are not typically known to be forthcoming with that sort of thing always. i want to make sure it isn't a bug.

~~~legoman187~~~

Yes, Mod Maz tweeted it here.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Using/buying an instance for araxxor are we now able to have the option to pick what style we want? If not, I'm done with that place....Shame I  sold my Nox staff! I feel if we pay to kill it we should at least be able to pick what style we want.

You have 95% chance of getting araxxor opposite the style of your weapon in an instance. You now also have a 95% chance of getting araxxor opposite the style you are using if you are carrying pheromone and not in an instance. As far as i've heard, pheromone is consumable per resetting rage, but not starting and forcing styles.

• Like 2

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Using/buying an instance for araxxor are we now able to have the option to pick what style we want? If not, I'm done with that place....Shame I  sold my Nox staff! I feel if we pay to kill it we should at least be able to pick what style we want.

You have 95% chance of getting araxxor opposite the style of your weapon in an instance. You now also have a 95% chance of getting araxxor opposite the style you are using if you are carrying pheromone and not in an instance. As far as i've heard, pheromone is consumable per resetting rage, but not starting and forcing styles.

Ohhh ok thanks I wasn't sure how that worked. Actually that's not too bad then.

queenvalerie.png

This update doesn't seem to have made araxxor any more difficult to farm- on the contrary, given that the pheromone is a common drop (up to 1/10, likely lower than that), this means that the average rage is basically capped at 90% (and likely lower), where as before it would approach 150% the more kills you got. Logging out was bug abuse anyway and it is smarter to use an instance anyway to save time. The pheromone being tradeable means you can pay to have difficulty of farming araxxor decreased, which seems like a nice idea.

That's not true at all. Araxxor has 7 common drops (8 with Pheremone). It has 12 uncommon drops. Then it has a few rare/very rare drops. The chance of getting a Pheremone before your enrage hits 90% is very low. Under the new system, you're at 100% enrage on 5 kills. So it's not effectively a 90% cap. In fact, plenty of people today have done more kills than that without getting Pheremone. It's street price is 13-14 mil, and that's for a reason (not just the fact it's a new item). Realistically, you're going to have to do quite a bit of kills, then maybe you get the Pheremone.

Pheremone will remain relatively expensive, most of the serious hunters are certainly not going to sell the ones they get. All the forced instances did was drastically slash the profit of the normal Araxxor chests by adding on a new cost, and a lot of the chests were bad money to begin with.

Well clearly it has to shift to a price where it makes economic sense. I don't know the numbers, but if (for example) Araxxor gives a 1M drop/kill, and this reset gives you 5 extra kills, it won't stay above 5M, new item or not. And that's assuming kills are impossible with maximum enrage, not sure if that's even the case (I kind of doubt it).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

they are possible, but you've gotta use range

they can be pretty dicey

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

they are possible, but you've gotta use range

they can be pretty dicey

The most consistent person doing kills at the moment is Milordo Z, and he's been doing them past 15 easily, but with melee. He's done 21-22 kills today post-update I believe. He's exceptional though, by far the best Melee Araxxor hunter - he may just be the best Araxxor hunter in the game. Flawless timing and reflexes.

Most of the people doing them with Range have been struggling, particularly on P1.

------------

Also, apparently Chris L was vague on his Twitter. The Araxxyte Pheremone is only consumed if you use it to reset the enraged cap. It is not consumed if you use for it's second effect which grants a 95% chance for the preferred style on the base world. It has infinite uses for that. It's also not buying for 10M at the moment.

Alright, for that useful secondary effect I can see it holding up prices for a while, at least until the Araxxor hunter market becomes saturated.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

This update doesn't seem to have made araxxor any more difficult to farm- on the contrary, given that the pheromone is a common drop (up to 1/10, likely lower than that), this means that the average rage is basically capped at 90% (and likely lower), where as before it would approach 150% the more kills you got. Logging out was bug abuse anyway and it is smarter to use an instance anyway to save time. The pheromone being tradeable means you can pay to have difficulty of farming araxxor decreased, which seems like a nice idea.

That's not true at all. Araxxor has 7 common drops (8 with Pheremone). It has 12 uncommon drops. Then it has a few rare/very rare drops. The chance of getting a Pheremone before your enrage hits 90% is very low. Under the new system, you're at 100% enrage on 5 kills. So it's not effectively a 90% cap. In fact, plenty of people today have done more kills than that without getting Pheremone. It's street price is 13-14 mil, and that's for a reason (not just the fact it's a new item). Realistically, you're going to have to do quite a bit of kills, then maybe you get the Pheremone.

Pheremone will remain relatively expensive, most of the serious hunters are certainly not going to sell the ones they get. All the forced instances did was drastically slash the profit of the normal Araxxor chests by adding on a new cost, and a lot of the chests were bad money to begin with.

If you kill 10 araxxi, your average enrage is 90%. As far as i've seen so far, it is indeed about 1/10 chance to get the pheromone. The price right now is nothing to go by because of the secondary effect, but can decrease alot because of non-farmers.

If you kill 10 araxxi, your average enrage is 90%. As far as i've seen so far, it is indeed about 1/10 chance to get the pheromone. The price right now is nothing to go by because of the secondary effect, but can decrease alot because of non-farmers.

Actually they changed from base enrage increase from 15% to 20%. So 10 araxxi kills SHOULD be at least 200% D=. If you then get a reset, it will be on average 100% over those 10 kills, however there is a huge difference between 200% and 100% enrage.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Actually they changed from base enrage increase from 15% to 20%. So 10 araxxi kills SHOULD be at least 200% D=. If you then get a reset, it will be on average 100% over those 10 kills, however there is a huge difference between 200% and 100% enrage.

You start out with 0%, so it's 90% average(the average of all single digit numbers in a decimal system is 4.5). I made the same mistake at first and edited my post. And i mean.... average enrage should be pretty much self explanatory... And given that the max enrage you will face this way is 180%, it shouldn't be a problem for people used to 150% enrage on most of their kills.

At 0 kills = 0%

1 kills = 20%

10x 1 kills = 10x 20%

So 10 kills = 200%.

Or am I seeing it wrong.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

At 0 kills = 0%

1 kills = 20%

10x 1 kills = 10x 20%

So 10 kills = 200%.

Or am I seeing it wrong.

Nope, you're right. It caps at 15 kills, at 300%. Furthermore, during the kill his enrage goes up by another 100% if path 2 is open and you don't take that path (when the spiders are lured under him), and his enraged also goes up a bit for eggs, and minion swipes.

It's 90% average (starting enrage) for 10 kills. Doesn't take a particle physicist to figure that out... And the increased enrage during kills is nothing new so it won't really have any effect as far as araxxor farming is concerned.

i'm not sure it's as likely to get the pheromone as you think it is

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

It's 90% average (starting enrage) for 10 kills. Doesn't take a particle physicist to figure that out... And the increased enrage during kills is nothing new so it won't really have any effect as far as araxxor farming is concerned.

At the moment you are just spewing the 90% enrage as a fact, but the problem is more: how do you get that figure exactly?

While we, for now, disproved that 90% due to an easy calculation that already leaves out other increasing factors in your favour, and still disproved it.

Account Help

I think he's including the pheromone in the calculation?

Even then, at base it should be 100% average. That is still w/o counting enrage gained during kills.

EDIT: It just hit me >.<

I was calculating the end result of said kill, not the action of the kill.

Like if you were doing your 10th kill, the base enrage durng that kill is 180% >.<

Account Help

I think he's including the pheromone in the calculation?

Even then, at base it should be 100% average. That is still w/o counting enrage gained during kills.

EDIT: It just hit me >.<

I was calculating the end result of said kill, not the action of the kill.

Like if you were doing your 10th kill, the base enrage durng that kill is 180% >.<

Reread his last post. He said the AVERAGE starting percentage is 90%. Didn't get it either before that.

nvm looks like you got it.

chaosoffar.png

According to some, on P3, the enraged goes up faster than before. Regardless, I don't think you understand the significance of the changes. Before, on the hardest rotation 1/2, at 150% enraged, by the end of P3, you'd get up to 225% max, it was capped there, and when p4 started the acid would lower a bit, and that was that. Now, on 120% or 140% enraged kill (which is 6-7 at the moment, whereas 150% was kill #10) you can get as high as 250%+ by the end of P3. So now, if you actually start off 300%, by the end of P3, you could easily get near/over 400%, which is absolutely killer to do. Even 300% is completely killer.

-----

By the way, I am at 18 kills since update and no Pheremone. Others of my friends are at 15-16 kills, and no Pheremone either. That should say a bit about it's drop rate.

we should get a title for doing a 300% kill imo.