Comp - Statement of Intent

Miss Lioness

The profound req doesn't make as much sense as the original professional cape req.

My opinion: Professional cape req was sensible, because it was the final cape unlock you could get at CW.

However, making the professional cape require 5k games (back in 2010?) was pretty insane.

And the only reason the CW requirement was chucked in was because of Omustardo (Castle Wars). I could try and dig up the original thread if it still exists.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Yes yes CWars was the model of a completionist account, well known blah blah - this doesn't take away from the fact that the original requirement for the (cwars) cape, and the requirement for the trim comp are both  ridiculous.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Change it to something like.. 250 or 500 wins

But I think that having a full set of hybrid armor, or all three sets of hybrid armor would make more sense. Requiring someone to have 100+ wins on all minigames rather than 6 months of camping in one is more completionlist

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I managed to find the specific post:

esrGv.png

Note at the bottom he hints at something specially made for Castle Wars.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

esrGv.png

Now, where is this Castle Wars player? *Readies talons*

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

It's interesting because this is the first time to my memory they have admitted the castle wars req was a mistake, i really wish they would change it, but alas.

I think its toxicity to the castle was minigame itself i only one of the reasons it has had a negative effect. I think there are a lot of people that would otherwise have gone for trim and done the other reqs, but see it as so unachievable to get the C Wars req that that they don't. If content deliberately puts you off other content that is definitely not a good thing.   I also wonder how many players have become so disheartened whilst getting the C Wars req that they have quit altogether?    If something is so obviously broken then it should be fixed, or at least have been reduced far more when profound was released

it seems however that whenever any reasonable debate is had on the HLF, those against change simply have to say 'yeah,but it makes it more prestigious'. and it's seen as an end argument statement that means any discussion is ignored.

I remember the old joke that Andrew Gower programmed firemaking in an afternoon, yet so many people have wasted so much time doing it. Well I legitimately hope that Mod Chis L feels genuinely bad and remorseful for the amount of time he has made so many people waste and get anxiety over, because it was a horrendous decision to make.

I remember the old joke that Andrew Gower programmed firmaking in an afternoon, yet so many people have wasted so much time doing it.

Hah, reminds me of this

eszAX.png

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I remember the old joke that Andrew Gower programmed firmaking in an afternoon, yet so many people have wasted so much time doing it.

Hah, reminds me of this

eszAX.png

Cookie clicker right? Wish he had continued with updating it... (and keeping his "promises") could have turned out great.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If only the CWars req didn't take such a long time... it takes way too long, even when boosted.

If it's changed to "obtain all 3 sets of hybrid armor", it would not only give me a reason to play CWars, but also reduce the amount of time spent there (assuming I don't go on an unlucky streak), AND revive 4 other dead minigames for the purpose of trim.

5k CW has already been cut in less than half. It wouldn't hurt to cut the req again!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yeah, CW is the only thing preventing me from trimming and I do think full hybrid should be a req.

I've gotten it quite some time ago when the hybrid sets were released, they are lovely and make much more sense than mindnumbingly play a certain minigame for a few months, without any joy.

esrGv.png

Now, where is this Castle Wars player? *Readies talons*

He (Castle Wars) went to college.

He had a youtube channel.

I don't know if he still plays RS... he probably has a life now.

Why develop more content for one person?

Is he the only person sending them money?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

^I personally don't think they put it in specially for him, they just saw what Castle Wars already had achieved and made a comment about that. I doubt they only put the 5000 tickets in there for Castle Wars.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

^I personally don't think they put it in specially for him, they just saw what Castle Wars already had achieved and made a comment about that. I doubt they only put the 5000 tickets in there for Castle Wars.

They did put it in for him. If you read the last line, you can notice that there was an intent to release something along the requirement specially to please Omustardo (Castle Wars). Albeit it is not said directly it is the Castle Wars requirement (5k games at the time), it is pretty much a fact that it was that requirement due to him being the only one that has achieved this requirement at the time of release, along with the whole list of trimmed requirement that also was released. In other words, he was the only person who could wear the trimmed cape on release day.

Account Help

^You cannot be sure that they wouldn't have added that req if he didn't have those 5k points. I agree that it looks like they did it because of him, but the mods could also have thought that they wanted everything in it that requires completion.

Retired item crew

You could argue that, but it'd be farcical to do considering the open ended nature of cwars rendering it uncompletable coupled with numerous other much more hard and fast if you have done y you have finished x things that didn't go on the cape and the fact that no other minigame was anywhere near the cape reqs.

Slap on all the wink wink nudge nudge we've got something special for that 'Castle wars' guy whos 'famous' for being the only guy to actually have the castlewars professional cape and you reach a point beyond all reasonable doubt that they made that req because of him.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They did put it in for him. If you read the last line, you can notice that there was an intent to release something along the requirement specially to please Omustardo (Castle Wars). Albeit it is not said directly it is the Castle Wars requirement (5k games at the time), it is pretty much a fact that it was that requirement due to him being the only one that has achieved this requirement at the time of release, along with the whole list of trimmed requirement that also was released. In other words, he was the only person who could wear the trimmed cape on release day.

He wasn't the only one with 5k games played at the cape launch

If you remember they awarded 1 game played per ticket.

There were alot of other people with 5k games played just they didn't do everything like him.

You know, the BS like livid farm, or all the collect the lore crap.

Also, alot of people got shafted.

Hell I have 6k tickets and only like 1200 games played because I stored the tickets as armor sets in the POH.

But, you know Mod Timothy aka [wagon] can't be bothered to try and do things right.

But, hey keep ignoring me and cheating me out of castle wars vet cape.

I'm sure in May when my ten year anniversary is up they probably screw me out of that cape too...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

So are Clan Titles no longer Comp Req?

My interpretation is they admit that they were wrong and should have been trimmed requirements all along, but it's too late to change it now so they're not going to.

He wasn't the only one with 5k games played at the cape launch

If you remember they awarded 1 game played per ticket.

There were alot of other people with 5k games played just they didn't do everything like him.

You know, the BS like livid farm, or all the collect the lore crap.

Also, alot of people got shafted.

Hell I have 6k tickets and only like 1200 games played because I stored the tickets as armor sets in the POH.

But, you know Mod Timothy aka [wagon] can't be bothered to try and do things right.

But, hey keep ignoring me and cheating me out of castle wars vet cape.

I'm sure in May when my ten year anniversary is up they probably screw me out of that cape too...

As I said, he was the only one who had done all requirements at the launch of the Trimmed Completionist Cape. He was the only one to have completed every single requirement the Trimmed Completionist Cape offered. Nothing else implied.

^You cannot be sure that they wouldn't have added that req if he didn't have those 5k points. I agree that it looks like they did it because of him, but the mods could also have thought that they wanted everything in it that requires completion.

Why then leave out soo many other perfectly similar requirements?

Account Help

He was a model for a completionist, not really necessarily just there for him. Anyone arguing it was for him is a bit silly. 

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Basically they screwed this whole thing by taking way too long to respond to this. They came up with a lot of clearly controversial requirements (such as those stupid Clan titles, and 200 moss), then waited a whole week while everyone frantically worked on them, then were like "maybe we will reconsider them in a few months". Then they were like, we were completely wrong and we may even consider getting rid of them. Meanwhile, thousands of people had already done those stupid requirements. Now think of it from their perspective. After they have completed those requirements, are these people going to be in favour of getting rid of these requirements that they just agonizingly finished? Of course not. It's the same thing with the Trim Castle Wars things. It was always a completely asinine and idiotic requirement that should have never existed. But now that dozens of people have actually gotten it, they are never going to be in favour of getting rid of that requirement after they just did it. So yeah, can't really retroactively fix this stuff. All they can do is not be this stupid in the future.

Basically they screwed this whole thing by taking way too long to respond to this. They came up with a lot of clearly controversial requirements (such as those stupid Clan titles, and 200 moss), then waited a whole week while everyone frantically worked on them, then were like "maybe we will reconsider them in a few months". Then they were like, we were completely wrong and we may even consider getting rid of them.

It didn't really fall out of nowhere if you have been watching the Completionist scene. People were already increasingly annoyed by the sudden change of what could've been expected as a completionist requirement and it caught many by surprise that requirements, previously thought, were maybe trimmed if a requirement at all, instated as a normal completionist requirement. Many were even proposing to tuck some of these requirement, for example the Cadarn title one, into things like tasks.

Also, they didn't changed their mind on themselves as there was an outrage from a whole range of media and even on their own forums as well.

Meanwhile, thousands of people had already done those stupid requirements.

Overreacted with, perhaps a few hundred at best. Smaller if you look only at those with Completionist at the time.

Now think of it from their perspective. After they have completed those requirements, are these people going to be in favour of getting rid of these requirements that they just agonizingly finished? Of course not.

I myself have finished it, and if I speak for myself I am happy to see it go from at least the normal Completionist requirements. And I can see for many other people who think that requirements should be fixed retroactively to their "Statement of Intent".

But as you argued, Jagex is afraid of doing so in favour of those who already had it completed. However, I have noticed that there are many more in favour of retroactively fixing the requirements, and thereby possibly removing or changing requirements, than those in favour of keeping these requirement that will be an oddball in the list as it doesn't match the "Statement of Intent".

It's the same thing with the Trim Castle Wars things. It was always a completely asinine and idiotic requirement that should have never existed. But now that dozens of people have actually gotten it, they are never going to be in favour of getting rid of that requirement after they just did it. So yeah, can't really retroactively fix this stuff. All they can do is not be this stupid in the future.

It is not the only thing they can do. Now they too at least acknowledge that the requirement was beyond stupidity, they at least now can make amends. Often it is the first step of many in progress towards betterment. For instance, they could change the requirement to have all three Minigame Hybrid-armour as many are proposing and agreeing on.

That is what I leave it at for now.

Account Help

Why don't they do something like..

Comp

All skills maxed, all spells, all quests, miniquests done, music tracks, ect. Something you will get if you put a fair amount of effort into it.

Trim

Everything that comp is, and mostly what trim is now, with the exception of CW, champ scrolls, demon titles.. Basically, all the grindy things, but not RNG based

True Trim

Everything above, but is fully EVERYTHING... full cw armor, full void, master RC robes, lumberjack.. Anything that can be obtained in the game that isn't super duper rare (third age), must be obtained. All titles (except for solomons, loyalty, holiday, weekly highscores)... obtained each rare item as a drop once (nex armor, drygores, seismics, ascension signets)*, final boss title, all boss pets. all soul wars pets, at least 1000 kills on EVERY BOSS, 500 kills on EVERY BOSS in hard mode

Elite True Trim

All of the above, PLUS effective level 120 in every skill

SUPERDIVINE ELITE TRUE TRIM

200m in everything, plus the above... maybe not this one. Haha

* On this, perhaps once you have maxed, you can obtain a Loot Bag, where you can start filling in with monster drops. Should you receive one, when you initially pick it up, it will become an unusable, untradable type you can place into your loot bag to count as a drop. You can turn it into a tradable normal one that can't at any time, but if you place it in your bag it will be stuck there until you finish filling it up with 1x of every rare and unique drop in the game. Obviously, would not work on lootshare, coinshare, or with shards

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum