Comp - Statement of Intent

Miss Lioness

I think they should just make the guidelines for the reqs and after that slowly change the reqs that don't fit the guidelines. That way it simply is not something because one group doesn't want it because they want to have it easier for themselves or less easy for others, but just so that it fits the guidelines (the guidelines should make sense of course).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

fast breaks, slow fixes

because nothing sells more membership like false hope and empty promises stretched over the span of a year

seems like we're always chasing after the ideal that has always been in reach but never comes

if jagex itself is paralyzed with indecision and the statement of intent amounts to wanting to be a better game but being incapable of it because nobody has the balls to step forward and unite the game towards a organized purpose and design in an attempt to appease everything, including shit that's counterproductive to what they're trying to do, i am not sure i can justify paying for this

are things truly at such odds with each other that an open ended world with a variety of activities that don't heavily favor one over the other is no longer possible

why should one requirement occupy so much space compared to the others, or for that matter, why should any part of this game be so large as to overshadow the rest of it

we shouldn't have to keep making excuses and creating middle classes just to prop up massive piles of excrement (hey you know what we need, more [bleep]ing skillcapes cause that'll resolve our topheavy issues durrrrrrrrrrrr)

if they want to sell the game to their massive piles of excrement, so be it, if they're willing to abandon that and push towards a different path, so be it

just decide already, or be trapped in your own hell by yourself, i don't need it

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

fast breaks, slow fixes

because nothing sells more membership like false hope and empty promises stretched over the span of a year

seems like we're always chasing after the ideal that has always been in reach but never comes

if jagex itself is paralyzed with indecision and the statement of intent amounts to wanting to be a better game but being incapable of it because nobody has the balls to step forward and unite the game towards a organized purpose and design in an attempt to appease everything, including shit that's counterproductive to what they're trying to do, i am not sure i can justify paying for this

are things truly at such odds with each other that an open ended world with a variety of activities that don't heavily favor one over the other is no longer possible

why should one requirement occupy so much space compared to the others, or for that matter, why should any part of this game be so large as to overshadow the rest of it

we shouldn't have to keep making excuses and creating middle classes just to prop up massive piles of excrement (hey you know what we need, more [bleep]ing skillcapes cause that'll resolve our topheavy issues durrrrrrrrrrrr)

if they want to sell the game to their massive piles of excrement, so be it, if they're willing to abandon that and push towards a different path, so be it

just decide already, or be trapped in your own hell by yourself, i don't need it

why make the game fun, when you can make it take forever?

btw don't forget your membership expires in 22 days. renew now!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

fast breaks, slow fixes

why make the game fun, when you can make it take forever?

btw don't forget your membership expires in 22 days. renew now!

22 days? You mean 400 days because of those accumulated premiere clubs and summer deals, right? If not, you might as well be stealing.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Guys, can we go back on-topic please?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

summarization: they recognize that they need to pull their shit together, but will they do it?

should we be supporting them while they twiddle their thumbs for another whole year?

to me, runelabs already tells me the answer, and the answer is "we don't know what to do anymore, so it's the year of the player forever"

we need the year of the developer who plans, executes, and refines when that iron is hot, not after it's gone cold and dusty and nobody cares anymore

not halfassed projects that are badly implemented, slightly tweaked to be as least offensive or able to do anything at all lest it creates an issue that they would have to put off because of their asinine development scheduling

and the player always takes the consequences, whether it be in money, time, responsibility for crucial features that are chosen almost at random, or abject disappointment/despair

"hey, how about we make this feature that bandaids our poorly made or outdated choices regarding this particular aspect of the game, which will buy us more time to keep spinning our wheels in the hopes that the second coming will happen before people realize that we're out of people that know how to build complete, working games instead of a sprawling mass"

to be fair, this is an endemic problem in MMOs

i would just like, for once, that the decision isn't to keep putting off the decision

i don't need to pretend that this is just about the comp cape, do i

the crux of the matter is that if they can't decide to do what needs to be done because they want to string us all along, how do we trust them with any decision to begin with

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, it's been a while.

First of all, I wanted to chuck in a positive. The guidelines are positively affecting future reqs.

I'll try to be quick: there are 14 fish to collect for the POH Aquarium. Each fish is a way to unlock one fishing perk. There are also 4 additional ways of unlocking fishing perks. This means there are 18 total ways to get perks; yet, we are only offering 14 perks to unlock. So, we are giving you choice in how to get your 14 perks. Comp is to get all 14 perks. Trim is to collect all 18 ways of unlocking perks.

Since Aquarium also includes gentle RNG (collecting fish for my tank), we offer multitudes of ways of being in control of the RNG. Consumable luck enhancers, social benefits, additions to the motherlode maw.

I don't believe that would have happened without the guidelines. 

----

As for comp and trim reqs, it's looking likely that we will drop trim reqs to comp in some instances. Things like miniquests and some of the other reqs that are just an hour or two of work would be demoted if this plan goes ahead.

I'll be putting a brief together for that.

----

As for promoting some tasks to trim, that will not be happening. Boss Slayer, Morvran etc will not be moving up to trim. Thank you for your comments on this, but we are remaining firm.

----

I don't have any susbtantial news on the Castle Wars req. The minigame project that you all mention is being developed by Mod Moltare, and Mod Mark has asked the question of whether the project could be used as an opportunity to broaden the Castle Wars task - so that a player could choose which minigames to play to contribute to it, while not decreasing the overall difficulty of achieving the req. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on that.

I will be honest, it is still very possible that this will lead to nothing, but it is something to be aware of. There is still a sensitivity in the team about diminishing the achievements of those who have trim.

Mod Osborne responded after a while. Basically the thread there died. Simply because there is no point in giving feedback to him, if few is being done with it.

In case people haven't noticed, the Aquarium update for POH will give both a normal completionist cape and a trimmed completionist cape requirement. The former is finding all 14 perks and the latter is finding all possible combinations that give perks (18 combinations to give 14 perks).

However, it is 'gently' RNG based. What do you guys think about this?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It seems like progress at least.

They are rightly looking at moving some very complete yes or no content that has some sort of unlovck about it (lore, story w/e) down to comp where it really should be to begin with.

Standing firm on moving stuff up is fair enough to me, tbh there isn't a lot of normal comp that doesn't fit - mostly its just the elf titles imho.

Sure if they hadn't already shifted the goal posts by whacking bosses on there I'd argue they should be trim, but whats done is done and they may as well stay now.

There are a few on both that are arguably a bit RNG heavy still, but most can be touched up without altering the req.

IE get something in motherlode maw to 'buy' the morvan special, but it is a 1 time thing that u can only have 1 of and cannot be won if you have beaten his challenege. Maybe look at adding the a form of the boss pet thresholding system into champ scrolls and kalger titles etc.

Plus atleast they are looking at the cwars req, which is the stand out req of brokeness.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

*snip*

Mod Osborne responded after a while. Basically the thread there died. Simply because there is no point in giving feedback to him, if few is being done with it.

In case people haven't noticed, the Aquarium update for POH will give both a normal completionist cape and a trimmed completionist cape requirement. The former is finding all 14 perks and the latter is finding all possible combinations that give perks (18 combinations to give 14 perks).

However, it is 'gently' RNG based. What do you guys think about this?

"difficulty of achieving the req" time consuming, yes, but difficult?! if there was skill involved which increased your tickets fair enough. tbh it would be nice if there were individual awards like most damage and things like that so that you could speed up your haul if you didnt want to afk whilst also staying as draws but meh

Shortened the post because it was a looooong quote. ~ Miss Lioness

Edited by Miss Lioness
baileydafrog.png

it sure is great how that now they know that they shouldn't poison the well, they're no longer putting any more poison in it

i mean maybe it'd be great if they could remove the existing poison but one thing at a time eh fellows

(cue angry mob chanting four more years of poison)

in any case, what's done is done, and we can't go back and change things because the game is literally set in stone and none of it can ever be edited once it's committed to the massive granite slab that it is etched into, on display, at stonehenge where it will stand for all time

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg