Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rune Labs Discussion

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I don't recall them ever saying the new head would be announced in Jan - only that MMG was leaving at end of dec and Mod Pips was acting as interim head until the role was permanently filled.

In fact with how most big companies work and the recruitment process I'd be kinda surprised if there was a new head before March.

Well they already knew the CEO was leaving since summer so I am surprised that they still have no new head. Look at a big company like Apple and they already had someone who would become the new CEO if the old one stopped.

Bureaucracy makes these things take more time than seems sane to most folks.

I started temping at my local county council in June.

The head of the department was already in situ as an interim whilst recruitment took place for several months before I started.

Last week the final appointment to the role was made.

Changing high ups only tends to happen quickly when there is an internal person who has already been formally named as a successor or the board all have a single person they think should step up and that person accepts it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

I don't recall them ever saying the new head would be announced in Jan - only that MMG was leaving at end of dec and Mod Pips was acting as interim head until the role was permanently filled.

In fact with how most big companies work and the recruitment process I'd be kinda surprised if there was a new head before March.

Well they already knew the CEO was leaving since summer so I am surprised that they still have no new head. Look at a big company like Apple and they already had someone who would become the new CEO if the old one stopped.

'Stopped?' What a heartless way to put it :o. No just kidding, but sure MMG worked out great, until IVP got in there and started tugging the strings, and who knows how much of a role they had in Jagex developing other games instead of sticking to what they did best. We'll see what the his replacement brings...

He stopped being CEO 2 months before his life ended. So it is not really heartless, but yes it is sad that his life had to end so soon.

@Sy, thanks for explaining :)

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Life? Is MMG dead or something?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Yeah, he suddenly dissappeared after an Abyssal rift opened up. Only Ariane seems to have seen it.

Nah, they're talking about Steve Jobs. :P

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RSN:Blofeld

Is there a way on Rune Labs to view the suggestions that are getting the most attention/support. All I can see currently is to view the most recent support which seems 99% full of ridiculous spam suggestions like 'add more quests and 'raise the skill cap'.    I was under the impression it would function similar to reddit where the most popular ideas would be at the top. Currently things just get buried by new posts.     Am I just missing a really obvious button somewhere?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
There is a grayed out button to 'support' an idea which nominally will be the system of voting and pushing good suggestions to the top. It also says something about a competition coming soon, so my guess is that it will be enabled, just not yet.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

852ttaM
[ Display Name History ]

852ttaM

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:852ttaM
  • RSN2:Matt258

Brb Reporting ^ Off Topic

Rune Labs - I'll make some Suggestions sometime.

Would be nice to be able to get a Fire Cape using Tokkul instead of fighting Fight Caves/Jad.

Able to see if a Friend is/isn't in a Clan.

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. QFC: 48-49-837-63099395

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

I didn't expect the idiocy to start this fast. Seriously, did Jagex really expect anything different?

https://secure.runes...w-idea?idea=913

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

The ideas on runelabs right now are mostly crap right now, mainly being posted by people who can't read/write/listen or have selfish ambitions. There really should be some moderation done before ideas are posted to ensure the ideas fit with what is being asked- that would get rid of about 90% of the "ideas" suggested thus far.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

I didn't expect the idiocy to start this fast. Seriously, did Jagex really expect anything different?

https://secure.runes...w-idea?idea=913

I was going to link you to the suggestion to add "Dank Kush" to the game, but it seems to have been deleted. Not a bad thing.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
So it's basically what the suggestions forum looked like a few years back? Some things never change~

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Im hoping it has some kind of upvoting from the community. From there you should be able to see the most popular ideas. This would make it better than the suggestions forum.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

There is already 60 pages of random hogwash.

Who is going to go through all that?

If they wanted to do it right then they would have started with a more focused concept that they wanted players input for.

For example, we are making an easter event and want to involve brassica prime and the marimbo, please submit ideas about the story, the content, the rewards.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Almost all stuff is redundant, stupid overpowered or nonlogical stuff, or some patchnote stuff. I really wonder what goes through the heads of these people. <.<

I've been reading quite a lot of the proposed stuff and the only 'worthy' stuff are coming mostly from the die hard lore community, who wish to see fossil island, Rite of Passage and so on.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

You have to be a member. Really?

It seems like Jagex has boldly gone where no company has gone before. They want to lure their customers into paying money to have the privilege of giving them free consulting? Because otherwise I don't really see the point of restricting it. Current members would be able to suggest ideas anyway, and more people would get involved. But ok whatever Jagex  :mellow:. 

Add the "can't share special forum" BS

well they kinda lost all integrity after buying roulette no?

Owell they only implented half of the stuff we suggested over... three years of Combat Beta... Heck even EoC PvP was starting to get off and they ruined it lol

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer

Ok so I had a look and without the ability to vote in any way to get good ideas to the top ... I am keeping far far away from looking at it again. Seems redundant atm. Not sure I consider it to be 'released' at this point until we can show support for ideas.

Lots of people have been writing up their ideas prepared to put it there asap. So good job poorly releasing content that really needed to have activity from day one to work. I think its quite rational to be cynical about the idea before this update even came to be release and releasing it like this doesnt help me change my mind tbh. These types of updates require players to be active in it for it to work properly so I just dont think this is helping at all to release it this way.

Eventually this poor release will fix itself but who can say at what cost of player activity. Many people may be turned away from it because of this. Like I said - This type of thing requires player input to work properly. For the best ideas to be found and pushed to the top.

VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Maybe they are waiting for players to submit their ideas and look over each others ideas before letting everyone vote? Does that signify a poor release?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

It's said in the newspost and stream we can support ideas from tomorrow at 5-6PM GMT. The support button isn't here today to give everyone the same opportunities.

So from tomorrow on, I guess the more favoured stuff will show up on the first pages.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Almost all stuff is redundant, stupid overpowered or nonlogical stuff, or some patchnote stuff. I really wonder what goes through the heads of these people. <.<

I've been reading quite a lot of the proposed stuff and the only 'worthy' stuff are coming mostly from the die hard lore community, who wish to see fossil island, Rite of Passage and so on.

Well the stupid overpowered and nonlogical stuff is kind of logical, if you assume that a big part of the runescape players are young persons (not trying to offend anyone by calling them young). I can also understand the patch note stuff, these are things that seem small but mean a lot to those players.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Hobgoblinpie
[ Display Name History ]

Hobgoblinpie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,824 posts
  • RSN:Mansion

This is my proposed idea. Frankly 2000 characters isn't enough to give a well fleshed out idea. Though I guess it is meant to be a seed, with Jagex getting the ultimate artistic freedom...

https://secure.runes...-idea?idea=2563

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users