In-game tool: XP/h - Need to polish up message before posting on RSOF

Miss Lioness

Some time ago, I came across an application from a semi-random website that has given me an idea. As with all 3rd party applications, it is pretty much unsafe/unwise to use it for potential false flags to BotWatch or even Hijacking. The application I found was automatically showing the Experience per Hour you were gaining at the time based around, to my understanding, screen-reading the experience drops of the screen and then adding it to total experience gained for that time up to 60 mins of data, then take into account the time it has been running for up to 60 mins. This would give one an accurate time for that hour, but it would also average out due to a rolling 60 minutes.

I would like to see a similar functionality by released by Jagex as an in-game tool. With the recent addition of the clock, I believe it can be easily added to the game without taking much time to code and so should be a fairly small project.

For easier functionality, this -for a lack of better word- calculator would also show the time it runs, be able to pause/run the tool, could be aimed at a specific skill or show multiple skills up to say 3 and easily moveable like any of our current NIS windows (provided it is on its unlocked stance). On top of that, if possible, I would like to see a moving graph so it is easy to see the highs & lows and thus see the consistency of the experience gained.

Furthermore I believe this can be a much used tool in-game for many different utilities of which some I will list below:

- Determining efficiency of your active gameplay.

- For guides on youtube.

- For comparison between different methods.

- For comparison between different styles.

Soo what I am trying here is to polish the above message up with additions and polishings before I will post it on the RSOF. I am planning to post it under the Ninja Team sub-forum as I think it has the highest chance on succeeding there. 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I think I know the program you're talking about.  I first found it because of its embedded video feature (on a reddit topic), but the xp tracking was what really made me download it (though I haven't yet installed it).

When the clock first came out that's what I assumed it was going to be actually, and was really disappointed that it wasn't.  An official xp/hr tracker would be so amazing, I'm pretty sure half of my Google searches are xp/hr math formulas.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Yeah well, this thread was more as a topic for feedback to polish it up before I present it to the Ninja Team D=.

Also Zantareous, I nudged the application, with scope to the XP/H tracker, to Mod Kelvin. He had a look at it and said it -looked- fine, however he also said Jagex could not guarantee safety of 3rd party applications. So in essence I am now trying to get a safe tool for us to use.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

this would be nice but also with other things added like kills per hour (obv you can work out via xp but basic visuals are always nice).The only problem I could see is people then wanting high scores added and such (though if the stats exist, why not, so long as bxp and effigies etc are ignored).

baileydafrog.png