• 1.8 to 1.84m
    • 1.75 to 1.79m
    • 1.7 to 1.74m
    • 1.65 to 1.69m
    • 1.6 to 1.64m
    • 1.55 to 1.59m
    • 1.5 to 1.54m
    • Below 1.5m

Doesn't seem all that surprising proportion wise.

Most studies have shown that the trend in recent years is people are more tall people and short people and less people clustered around average.

Plus I mean male average height is around 5'10 aka 177cm  (us and europe are all pretty close to this) which places most of the votes on poll marginally above male average at this point - hardly shocking for a gaming community which you would expect to have a higher proportion of male users given the demographics of the gaming market as a whole.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Buncha white male nerdy lanky types we are (and the occasional female)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ethiopians are short, cause malnutrition.

Usually nerdy dudes are taller and skinny. Dunno why. Or, short and fat. But not average. At least around here.

My mum is 173 cm's. Real father was something around 190. Might be why I am so tall...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

1.88M or 6'2" (these symbols for feet and inches always mess me up because I'm so used to the metric system). 

Here in Canada as well, at least in the provinces I lived in, everything is metric except our height.

I find it interesting how so many people here are like 6' and above when that constitutes a minority of the population irl in most countries (inb4 saq starts blabbering about heights in ethiopia or some shit)

Well, it's not too surprising. Here in Europe at least we keep getting taller at a rapid rate each generation, and in the Netherlands the average male height is 1m84 (ie, 6'0) - which includes all generations, including the oldies, so that our generation (~20) will almost certainly have an average height of 6'1 or more. Other tall countries like the Scandis have averages of 5'11, again including old people. The USA, because of the huge numbers of immigrants from short Latino countries, has actually declined in average height over the years (I think it's gone from 5'11 to 5'9 or something).But northern Europe in particular is tall and getting taller, so 6' is really unspectacular these days. Bear in mind, too, that people on TIF are generally young, and average heights include older generations who are generally smaller - so when Sy says the average is 1.77m, that includes our grandparents so long as they're still alive.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/386581/eric-cartman-12-inches

I'm hung like a horse.

edit - caution, language.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Copyright means I can't view that link in the UK, but based on what I think it is, I'll let you start that survey.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

Last summer, on holiday in Boston, I was in a lift with three African American basketball players (don't know if they were pro). They were brothers, the shortest was 2.1m (6'11) and the tallest 2.15m (7'1). They were very friendly, and they called me "little man" or "little guy" or something - which was odd, because I'm 6'1 being spoken to like a child/dwarf. 

Tallest woman I ever met was in a supermarket here in the UK. She was 2m (6'7) and very broad. Might have been a transsexual, but I didn't want to ask. 

And I am pretty sure around 100% of them have height-related health problems.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I think it's generally considered that being 7'1 is the maximum possible height for pretty much everybody. 

Although the tallest "normal" guy ever (as in, he didn't have a pathological condition or genetic mutation) was a 19th century Scottish man who later emigrated to Canada called Angus MacAskill, who was 2.36m or 7'9.  

Just read the whole wiki because you said that. What a guy. Seriously super human

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn