Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RuneLabs Ideas

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Adding instances and hard modes to bosses in desperate need of them

https://secure.runes...idea?idea=25980

Some additional instances for things like KBD should be coming with the Boss Practice mode or Boss Instancing rework apparently so DKS may well get them too.

Boss practice mode is bringing the instancing system to every single boss out there that doesn't already have it and standardizing it across bosses that already use it because bosses have to be instanced to enable practice. Plus its making them better in that they can persist when empty (ie if you pay for an hour but leave you can go back in as long as you have time left, instead of leaving = end of instance)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

Support is open again, this time for Large updates only Large is like Arraxor, Broken Home Quest, and ports expansion. 

Please remember to check out my Faction Related Item Sink. Link is in my signature

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

I voted on it, it's getting quite some likes. :D

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RSN:wkw
Wow.I wouldn't consider araxxor a large piece of content. Med at most

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

It has a lot of mechanics I think, plus animations, plus 6 pets, plus t90 weapons to create. There's a decent amount there. Most of it probably in mechanics and balancing

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

I think I would. A lot of work had to go into that; weapons, pets, a fair bit of graphical work, and all the work that goes into making one of the more complex bosses in the game.

Ports expansion, on the other hand, seems more like borderline medium sized to me.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Yeah, the original POP looks large or a tad larger, but the expansions (especially the first one) didn't add that much to the game. All the assets were already available in the programming of the originial update, they just had to plug a few new items, voyages and adventurers in.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts

Yeah, the original POP looks large or a tad larger, but the expansions (especially the first one) didn't add that much to the game. All the assets were already available in the programming of the originial update, they just had to plug a few new items, voyages and adventurers in.

To be fair, they did have to do some graphical work on new building/ship/crew upgrades and such, but that'd definitely be easier than making new stuff from scratch. I also wonder how resource-intensive it is for them to do voicing (though they skipped that for the second expansion, which still makes me sad).

Otherwise, yeah, it'd just be a lot of text coding and balancing (voyage requirements/rewards, new item stats and requirements to make, new crew stats, new upgrade benefits and requirements...).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Man ROP is crapping on the competition. Sorry Helring i voted for both your item sink and ROP, but hopefully they'll make ROP an actual large update with explorable content andsome new skilling stuff too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

Man ROP is crapping on the competition. Sorry Helring i voted for both your item sink and ROP, but hopefully they'll make ROP an actual large update with explorable content andsome new skilling stuff too.

No problems here, been waiting on Rite of Passage since it was first teased.  I would love to have my idea in game but looking at the top 5 the only one I'd even be slightly sorry to lose to is the Nomad Quest. I'm happy that it seems the good ideas are actually rising this time.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Good news too, mod Raven joins the team of the developers for this RuneLabs competition if ROP wins.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

The second ports expansion had voice acting. It was the third that did not

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

The second update also had no building upgrades, all the graphics budget went to the moustache of the trapper.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts

The second ports expansion had voice acting. It was the third that did not

The second update also had no building upgrades, all the graphics budget went to the moustache of the trapper.

I'm thinking of the first expansion being the trapper/architect/chef (voice acting, two new regions, no building upgrades except the new icons) and the second being the exile/memory/tengu (no voice acting, new building upgrades, no new regions but did add clue voyages). Was there one before the first set of new adventurers that I'm forgetting?

260pifq.jpg

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
Ports 1 has assassin, whaler, biologist, convict, occult, missionary. All were voice acted.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

I've had to re-submit my item sink idea since most of the bigger rewards were not specified in the post and so they marked it medium. Please re-support if you liked the original. Thanks. https://secure.runes...idea?idea=28318

• Wkw likes this

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

That's just mean of Jagex... Instead of communicating with you about it, they just close it... Now your idea will never get in the top 5. :/

Supported again though. :)

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

Supported that!

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

That's just mean of Jagex... Instead of communicating with you about it, they just close it... Now your idea will never get in the top 5. :/

Supported again though. :)

To be fair, I did talk to Mod Kelpie on twitter and he answered some questions I had about whether my full idea would fit into a medium (it wouldn't) but the main problem was that I relied on the forums for parts of my idea and not on the RuneLabs post itself. I tried to fix it with this submission. I will keep the other more barebones one for medium contests and this one for larges till I either stop getting supports or one of them wins.

If you have any friends in game that might like it let them know. Already back on front page but still a lot of votes to go to get back near the top. The easiest way to find it is to type "sink-large" into Runelabs search bar since mine is the only idea that has that.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

I really fear for the worst with that Seren quest, as there are only rewards listed and no quest, people are only looking at those shiny stuffsies they can get by doing it. No regards towards the nonsensical lore and overall stupidity of the idea.

But knowing the community, we'll probably get that one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users