Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RuneLabs Ideas

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I went and supported the Faction Items Sink as well as RoP on a P2P account, just for you guys, TIF represent eh? :P

I thought the JMod response to this idea was intriguing - not that redoing quests is a godsend or anything but it seems more positive than the reaction the last time it was brought up, if I remember correctly.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

Ports 1 has assassin, whaler, biologist, convict, occult, missionary. All were voice acted.

I wouldn't call that a ports expansion, though; that was the original.

I've had to re-submit my item sink idea since most of the bigger rewards were not specified in the post and so they marked it medium. Please re-support if you liked the original. Thanks. https://secure.runes...idea?idea=28318

Re-supported it! Will do so whenever it comes up, I think; it's a solid idea.

I really fear for the worst with that Seren quest, as there are only rewards listed and no quest, people are only looking at those shiny stuffsies they can get by doing it. No regards towards the nonsensical lore and overall stupidity of the idea.

But knowing the community, we'll probably get that one...

I really dislike that proposal as well, aye. If I could vote against it, I definitely would.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

I would love a quest prestige system. I really want to replay so many quests, bu the amount of time it takes to actually gain the stats is crazy. :(

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

^I rather not see a quest prestige system. Not because I am opposing the ability to replay quest, but because they hinted many times that making quests replayable is going to cost huge amounts of time. I rather see new quests then replayable quests.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I'd rather not see it as well because many quests don't really lend themselves to being replayed and it seems wasteful to slap replay on to them all for the sake of it.

I'd much prefer specific quests going forward to be re-playable (like broken home) because they have some sort of worth to being replayed and are built in such a way that allows it. As well as possibly having a project to make *some* older quests re-playable where doing so isn't to hard. For example The World Wakes, Fate of the Gods or the Mighty Fall would be good candidates for replay as they all happen in self contained areas that can easily be instanced and therefore they can be kept contained and avoid impacting the outside world.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

It could be fun to replay some of the best ones, like Dragon Slayer. But I wouldn't want it for every quest (who wants to do Sheep Herder again? Hands up!), certainly.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts

Honestly, if I want to replay quests, I'll make a new account. I guess I don't really see the appeal in the idea. -shrug-

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Kevjumba
[ Display Name History ]

Kevjumba

Goblin Armour

• Editorial Panel
  • 97 posts
  • RSN:Kevjumba

I think I would support replayable quests (some are quite fun) if the runelabs suggestion information stopped after the 6th word "rewards" AND if they do not take up a boatload of time by Jagex.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

i would like to be able to replay the quests that force you to make choices that alter other quests so that we can see all of the outcomes, but if it's too much work, it's not entirely a necessary thing

8f14270694.jpg

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts

i would like to be able to replay the quests that force you to make choices that alter other quests so that we can see all of the outcomes, but if it's too much work, it's not entirely a necessary thing

That's what the dialogue pages on the wikia are for!

260pifq.jpg

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

https://secure.runes...idea?idea=30029

Made a small update idea, I hope you guys like it or support it. :D

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

I like the idea of a toggleable filter and wouldn't mind supporting it...however as it's a small update I don't think Jagex will be implementing it this month at any rate :/. I'll gladly support if they're doing small size another month though!

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Yeah, it's not my plan to get it out this month, I just came up with it last day, when someone in my clan chat was having a giggle about a POP update. This made me wonder where the hell those messages where for me, since I haven't seem them in more than a year. :P

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RSN:helring

April competition is here. This one is for medium skill updates. So, trying to get support for my Faction Related Item Sink again https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Voted again!

I have an idea to make Menaphos a new skilling hub that complements other skills than the ones in Prifddinas. But the fact that there's still 2 quests in the Desert storyline that won't come out soon, make my idea irrelevant sadly.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

May's RuneLabs is here, and its for a small Halloween event. 

My submission is called Spectres of War. https://secure.runes...idea?idea=34518

The spirits of fallen Armadylean & Bandosian followers, stalk the old caravan routes. Use either combat or divination, to fulfill deaths request and help them reach the afterlife.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

So basically warbands does halloween?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

So basically warbands does halloween?

More like a slightly more involved Butterflies with divination and combat rewards. Wasn't even thinking of Warbands, was just thinking of the main skills from World Event 2.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

I would like a Bandos bobblehead at some point. This would be a convenient place to put it.

8f14270694.jpg

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

I SAY HYPOCRITE. LISTEN TO ME, PUNY HUMAN!

NOO, DON'T PUT ME IN THE MENAGERIE, HUMAN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users