Membership Price Changes - 1st March 2015

Howlin0001

In November, we announced that we would be increasing the price of membership for new members and those who've been unsubscribed for more than 14 days.

Today, we can confirm that this will come into effect on the 1st of March 2015. You can find the new pricing below:

currency_table.jpg

The price of Bonds will also increase:

bonds_table.jpg

Once the price rises, each Bond will be redeemable for 14 days of membership, 195 RuneCoins or 15 Treasure Hunter Keys. The price rise will not affect the RuneCoin cost of Solomon’s Store items.

Don't forget - as long as you're a member and don't lapse out for more than 14 days, you're eligible to keep your current rate of membership. Subscribe now to secure access to all of RuneScape's members' content at current prices.

For best value, check out what the Premier Club has to offer. Get RuneScape membership for up to a year, at a reduced price with loads of exclusive in-game gifts and benefits - available until 3rd February.

As always, we're committed to giving you the very best value for your membership. Even at the new full price, RuneScape is highly competitive with other MMOs, and we've got great plans for the rest of 2015.

Watch out for Mod Mark's Behind the Scenes - February post on the 30th of January for details of what's coming up next month, and visit RuneLabs to make your favourite content idea a reality.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Damn, it's not the right time to be Aussie.  

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Damn, it's not the right time to be Aussie.  

Ehhh, yes, but it's pretty  closely matched to the US price and AUD to USD exchange rate, so I guess, not as bad as it seems.

Cool for it to be cheaper to buy bonds 1 at a time though gj person who published this.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I am very glad i still have the original rate

$10 is killer. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

That @RuneScape #MembershipPrice on March 1st = #Horrible #Decrease it to $5 each Month & you would get a #Lot more #Members @OldSchoolRS to

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Come join us on F2P then, we have cookies!

What I'm doing.

When I'll feel like logging in, that is.

Already went and picked up Gravite rapier and expensive F2P cosmetic equipment to prepare for it (Saradomin armor set, trimmed strength amulet)

Keepsaked Combatant's cape but Jagex was like, lets give a permanent temporary debuff to all P2P stats when in F2P worlds, so I can't keep the override activated.

Hmm... Should probably sell all my OSRS stuff and trade for as much RS3 gold as I can.

Pff saradomin stuff isn't even expensive anymore, nor cool. But we can discuss fashion another time I suppose :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Stupid move. You don't get new players by upping the price. Let's quicken the stagnation y'all!

I bought gold membs and I'm still on dat $5/mo when that runs out, so this won't affect me, but is still bad.

Does anyone have a history of costs for using USD via CC? Just curious (that's like the standard payment method probably, good for comparability)

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

Here are the numbers for Credit Card payments I found, via RS Wikia:

Prior to 12 August 2008, the cost was £3.20 GBP, $5.00 USD, 5.00EUR

Between 12 August 2008 and 27 January 2012, the cost was £3.50 GBP, $5.95 USD, 5.95EUR

From 27 January 2012 to 1 March 2015 (including present date), the cost is 4.95GBP/$7.95/6.95EUR

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I guess that's the end of my playing. Last week was the first time in ~13 years where I didn't have membership. I'd have considered playing again occasionally if the price was kept down but if they want to increase it further then forget it.

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is a big deal? If they haven't increased the price for three years I don't see a problem.

It'd be nice to see a discount for owning multiple accounts though, since that's a lot more common nowadays

• Like 4

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Ehhh, yes, but it's pretty  closely matched to the US price and AUD to USD exchange rate, so I guess, not as bad as it seems.

Cool for it to be cheaper to buy bonds 1 at a time though gj person who published this.

Yeah, you're right. 

Luckily I have my own wage to cover costs if I were to go the full 12 months. :) It's still well on par with most games on this side of the globe. 

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Stupid move. You don't get new players by upping the price. Let's quicken the stagnation y'all!

I bought gold membs and I'm still on dat $5/mo when that runs out, so this won't affect me, but is still bad.

Does anyone have a history of costs for using USD via CC? Just curious (that's like the standard payment method probably, good for comparability)

Yes, I bought members the first month I came back, and I got charged like 8.75 or something. There's some kind of charge for using a credit card I guess. 

Yes, I bought members the first month I came back, and I got charged like 8.75 or something. There's some kind of charge for using a credit card I guess. 

You don't pay $7.95? That's weird, some sort of tax maybe?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Perhaps that tax that is applied to out-of-country purchases? I can't think of the name of that tax right now but I know it exists.

Perhaps that tax that is applied to out-of-country purchases? I can't think of the name of that tax right now but I know it exists.

Conversion charges?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Pff saradomin stuff isn't even expensive anymore, nor cool. But we can discuss fashion another time I suppose :P.

Well what else is there? :p looks better than Ancient/Armadyl/Bandos imo, and it's still the most expensive of the three.

And besides, I worked my butt off as F2P years ago (2007) to get Saradomin armour, that acc got disabled shortly afterwards (negative membership credit which I paid back in like 2012 lol), so it has the sentimental value.