[9-2-15] Ninja Update – Responsive Combat

Leik

Ninja Update – Responsive Combat

Today's update brings a change that'll make RuneScape combat faster, more frantic and more fluid: improved combat responsiveness from the deadly and talented Ninja Team. Get into game, gear up and seek out an enemy - you'll notice the difference right away.
As determined in a Player Power poll last year, we've also made a whole load of Gielinor's deadliest beasts aggressive, as they once were.
Read on for further details!

Combat Responsiveness
First, we removed the short delays between cooldowns ending and abilities triggering, and between clicking an ability and that ability activating. This means combat now feels more immediate and dynamic – your actions translating crisply to those of your character in-game.
Note that we've increased cooldown times slightly to compensate for the quicker combat, so combat balance is unaffected.
As well as that, we've also improved target switching, so you can charge into battle with lethal efficiency.
Finally, if you're a Revolution fan, you'll find that your favourite combat mode kicks in and deactivates in a much smoother fashion.
There's no substitute for trying today's improvements first-hand. Log in and give it a go!
The RuneScape Ninja Team

Monster Aggression
Following last year's Player Power poll to bring back aggressive monsters, these beasts will now come straight at you when you enter their lairs:

• Lesser demons
  • Greater demons
  • Black demons
  • Banshees
  • Mighty banshees
  • Aberrant spectres
  • Lizards
  • Desert lizards
  • Small lizards
  • Kurasks
  • Harpie bug swarms
  • Skeletal wyverns
  • Brine rats
  • Mutated bloodvelds
  • Dark beasts
  • Hill giants
  • Fire giants
  • Moss giants

You'll be able to initiate combat with as many monsters as you can handle, but only one enemy will attack you at a time if you make no aggressive move of your own.
Monsters will remain aggressive unless:

• Your combat level is more than double theirs.
  • You've stayed in the area for longer than five minutes.

Stay alert on your travels - and make good use of those new, sharper combat skills!
The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• Come and try out the new, more-responsive combat with Mod Kalaya and Mod Matthe in Castle Wars: today at 16:00 UTC, World 24.
  • GameBlast15 is coming 20th February, along with the next Double XP Weekend! Prepare now for maximum gains all-round on this weekend of charity fun.
  • The first RuneLabs poll is live! Head into game now and vote on your choice of player-proposed updates.
  • Want to know more about RuneScape lore? Head to the Lore Discussion forumon Thursday 12th February, 18:00 UTC, and join Mods Osborne, Raven, Srowley, Stu and Chaose for a Lore Q&A.

[hide=Patch notes]
Graphical

• The creepy doll will no longer attempt to play an animation on a player in combat.
  • An issue with the Hefin emotes and Arcane Resting has been fixed.
  • Meiyerditch citizens' skin tones now render correctly.
  • The background images in the Beasts tab for Commander Zilyana and Kree'arra, have been moved to their correct positions.
  • The open and closed versions of the drawers found in Falador's chainbody shop no longer uses different colours and texturing.
  • A one-way window has been removed from older versions of the Player-Owned Ports bar.
  • Feet and dropped items no longer clip through the floor of the Kal'gerion demon resource dungeon.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames

• Players may now claim a second captain's log from Duncan.
  • The captain's log can now be added to the pocket slot, so users can perform all the functions of the captain's log and save an inventory slot!
  • Auto-cast spells will no longer be unset when entering Sinkholes.
  • Bone Face no longer lingers in the boss room while escaping from Thok.
  • It is no longer possible to dig up the plant patch on Harmony Island.
  • Players will no longer disconnect while training herblore if their familiar expires while holding herblore supplies.
  • An assassin will no longer spawn on a terracotta pot within the terracotta warehouse during the 'Simple Favour' Player-Owned Ports random event.
  • A typo on the Player-Owned Ports upgrade buildings interface for bars and lodgings has been fixed.
  • A typo in a Player-Owned Ports voyage has been fixed.
  • Hunter implings are no longer able to find their way up the cliffsides at Shantay Pass.
  • The combat level for Pest Control on the Minigame tab of the Adventures interface has been updated.
  • A typo previously shown when resetting the Tears of Guthix D&D with a D&D token has been fixed.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements

• A typo has been fixed in the reminder message of the Tirannwn quiver when cleansing corrupted Seren stones.
  • The hint arrow for the HAM follower challenges will now point to the correct location.

Other

• Players can no longer walk through a wall on the north side of the uppermost floor in the Slayer Tower, near the gargoyles.
  • Some familiars now correctly act as a light source.
  • A typo in Hans's chat when asking about veteran capes has been fixed.
  • A few tiles around the Body Rune Altar will now allow players to step on them.
  • Fixed an issue with drop-down menus not displaying the current selection.
  • De-equipping an active aura on a free world no longer leaves the aura active.
  • It is no longer possible to stall damage by releasing a witch's cat.
  • The Provoke ability no longer grants special attack energy when used in Legacy Mode.

Ninja Fixes

• The Big Chinchompa start time has been moved to 30 minutes past each hour.
  • Players can now close the Player-Owned Ports ship customisation windows with the 'Esc' key.
  • Boss timers will now always show by default.
  • Players can now select a faster wave spawn in the Fight Kiln.
  • Players can now use keybinds to cure plants in Livid Farm.
  • The insane 'Final Boss' title can now be unlocked by having a total of 5,000 boss kills with at least 100 kills on each boss, including hard mode and by having all boss pets unlocked (includes Vitalis, Bombi, Barrows bobbleheads and TzRek-Jad).
  • Dreadnips will no longer get blocked by players or NPCs.
  • Dreadnips will no longer attempt to stun a stunned NPC or a stun-immune NPC.
  • The World Hop interface in-game now shows more information on activities.
  • Using the World Hop function will no longer say that player logged out with a clan avatar prematurely.
  • Players can now see what skills they've not yet gained XP in for the Jack of Trades aura by checking 'aura time remaining'.
  • Dorgeshuun light orbs can now be made via the Make-X interface.
  • The "changed name" tooltip in the lobby has been re-aligned.
  • Make-X will now remember the last used recipe for an extra two interfaces, to improve the process of making certain multi-staged items such as urns.
  • Player and NPC targets will now always render on top of all other entities on the same tile.
  •  

[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I hope those are the patch notes and not the real update this week? Lame.

Yay, something good.

Insane boss title is just stupid..What's next, INSANE INSANE BOSS TITLE IN RAINBOW COLOUR with 50,000 boss kills, or how about an INSANE SKILLER TITLE WITH 120 in all skills? Stupid, stupid..

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Looks like that's all lol. A pretty damn boring week, even for a patch week. Not even the patch notes were interesting.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Banks were made. 

22.7k QBD kills.wow

Inb4 very sophisticated QBD bot.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Possibly more interesting than the update itself, Mod Porky has just posted this on Twitter:

3SycZmQ.png

Halfway to DKS rip

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Banks were made. 

22.7k QBD kills.wow

Inb4 very sophisticated QBD bot.

For maxed player in top gear, QBD is trivial

There used to actually be QBD bots... not sure about now.

The only benefit I've seen so far from today's update is that Revolution won't pull you back into combat.

Otherwise, there's a huge slew of bugs and issues, mostly with special monsters or bosses. Take a look at RGU on RSOF.

2dgucz6.png

Yay, something good.

Insane boss title is just stupid..What's next, INSANE INSANE BOSS TITLE IN RAINBOW COLOUR with 50,000 boss kills, or how about an INSANE SKILLER TITLE WITH 120 in all skills? Stupid, stupid..

Insane skiller title yes plz

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

• Make-X will now remember the last used recipe for an extra two interfaces, to improve the process of making certain multi-staged items such as urns.

Ironman just became slightly more bearable.  (Assuming this works how I think it does.)

• Like 1

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Yay, something good.

It's insane, isn't it?

Props for the Make-X patch. Assuming it works how I think it does, it will save a lot of strife the next time I might need to make urns. That may not be for a while, but still, a nice update.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

What's stupid about them? What's wrong with giving people goals to work towards? It's not like it's required for comp cape or anything.

I actually like your little suggestions and would support them in runelabs! :shades:

What's stupid about them? What's wrong with giving people goals to work towards? It's not like it's required for comp cape or anything.

I actually like your little suggestions and would support them in runelabs! :shades:

Vitalis is 1/5000 drop from Vorago or something with no threshold. The other boss pets require luck, sure, but you have to get INSANELY lucky to get the Vitalis pet. It isn't something that you can realistically grind out. If you look at that list, that guy with the most Vorago kills has 2.7k kills which is not even close to the theoretical drop time. Not to mention that you have to get 100 zeal from Soul Wars (dead as hell) which would take you quite some time.

I really hate how everything in the game is about titles. All of those stupid elf titles that the mods made should never have been put in the game. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Mostly that Egoscape is getting tiring, and at some point you just have to say "okay Jagex, that's actually a bit much, calm down" :twss:

It seems that lucky chaotic items have been added to quickchat with this update:

46eEoMU.png

Oh no they don't. You can't just make a Treasuer Hunter, non-degradable (?) version of dg items like that! Though if this image is to be believe, it looks like there are broken versions (69-96?). I wonder how they would be recharged, tokens as usual?

uOcC6Pl.png

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I wonder how they would be recharged, key tokens as usual?

fixed m8

"You tape up your Lucky Chaotic with a key token. That should hold it a few more hours!"

Not to go too much off-topic, but I wonder if this is the strategy Jagex is using to fix their servers. I've been kicked about 5 times in the past half hour just trying to cap another half hour on my other account!

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Vitalis is 1/5000 drop from Vorago or something with no threshold. The other boss pets require luck, sure, but you have to get INSANELY lucky to get the Vitalis pet. It isn't something that you can realistically grind out. If you look at that list, that guy with the most Vorago kills has 2.7k kills which is not even close to the theoretical drop time. Not to mention that you have to get 100 zeal from Soul Wars (dead as hell) which would take you quite some time.

I really hate how everything in the game is about titles. All of those stupid elf titles that the mods made should never have been put in the game.

That's why they call it 'Insane', you have to be insanely lucky. Again, if you don't like titles, don't get them. They are not forced on you in any way. They are just side rewards for doing stuff.

Mostly that Egoscape is getting tiring, and at some point you just have to say "okay Jagex, that's actually a bit much, calm down" :twss:

So you don't like being able to show off your achievements? Would you rather the game have no skill capes, no hiscores, no comp capes, no rares? Might as well make it singleplayer then.