[9-2-15] Ninja Update – Responsive Combat

Leik

Mostly that Egoscape is getting tiring, and at some point you just have to say "okay Jagex, that's actually a bit much, calm down" :twss:

So you don't like being able to show off your achievements? Would you rather the game have no skill capes, no hiscores, no comp capes, no rares? Might as well make it singleplayer then.

Oooooor you could completely make up an argument! That works too.

• Like 1

Mostly that Egoscape is getting tiring, and at some point you just have to say "okay Jagex, that's actually a bit much, calm down" :twss:

So you don't like being able to show off your achievements? Would you rather the game have no skill capes, no hiscores, no comp capes, no rares? Might as well make it singleplayer then.

Oooooor you could completely make up an argument! That works too.

What else is 'egoscape' than showing off achievements? Sorry I'm confused.

I think the point was that there things to show off accomplishments and then there's going overboard.

For example it would be like the difference between having a partyhat set and happily wearing one and insisting on being able to show off that you own the whole set, despite the fact that you can clearly only wear one partyhat at a time.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The point where you look at an achievement and go "Oh come on!"

Or, if you'd prefer, the point where it becomes more about increasingly contrived 'achievements' than sensible design. 'Final Boss' isn't so widespread that it needs another tier, especially not one where the only tangible difference is that you have to essentially win the lottery to get it.

• Like 2

Amulet of souls is glitched atm, it degrades much faster than it should. Don't use it right now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Bull [bleep]ing shit. GF 160+ KPH at TDs. AND ESPECIALLY, now I'll never get 180 KPH.

Bombardment stacking doesn't work and several other methods I successfully did YESTERDAY, now longer work because the attacks hit some tick or ticks faster.

Combat is not any faster. It's just some fairy illusion shit. Oooh, Bombardment shows its damage a few ticks sooner!! NOW I CAN FEEL THE POWER...

TDs were the only thing on RS that entertained me, only because I pushed myself to be better than most anyone else. And I did accomplish that, but now what's the point if the only strategy at TDs is gone?

ozXHe7P.png

It seems that lucky chaotic items have been added to quickchat with this update:

46eEoMU.png

Oh no they don't. You can't just make a Treasuer Hunter, non-degradable (?) version of dg items like that! Though if this image is to be believe, it looks like there are broken versions (69-96?). I wonder how they would be recharged, tokens as usual?

uOcC6Pl.png

pls no.

I draw the line at level 75 regularly tradable GWD items - you have about the same chance of someone walking up and handing you a Godsword as you do winning the lucky version off the TH - but now we're taking something that is purely earned, and in fact is one of the only points most people see to training DG. Also, when gear only goes to 90, it's a really stupid move to let people win something close to the top end with possibly little or no cost.

That said, nothing I say will make any difference. JaGRNG please gift me Lucky Chaotic Claws for outfitscaping.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

The point where you look at an achievement and go "Oh come on!"

Or, if you'd prefer, the point where it becomes more about increasingly contrived 'achievements' than sensible design. 'Final Boss' isn't so widespread that it needs another tier, especially not one where the only tangible difference is that you have to essentially win the lottery to get it.

Getting all pets is actually a reasonable goal to set yourself, something to work for if you like bossing and have done pretty much everything else the game has to offer. Sure if may sound crazy if you haven't even maxed yet but think of others who have already done it all with nothing else left to do.

Only current achievement that I look at with the 'oh come on' look is the 5k castle wars one.

Insane boss title is just stupid..What's next, INSANE INSANE BOSS TITLE IN RAINBOW COLOUR with 50,000 boss kills, or how about an INSANE SKILLER TITLE WITH 120 in all skills? Stupid, stupid..

What's stupid about them? What's wrong with giving people goals to work towards? It's not like it's required for comp cape or anything.

I actually like your little suggestions and would support them in runelabs! :shades:

Except for the fact that it isn't something you can work towards. It's pure RNG, and it rewards lucky scrubs instead of experienced, skilled, and dedicated PVM Hunters. It's an update that's designed for hardcore PVM'ers and yet does not reward them. There's a person in my clan, who got extremely lucky back when Vorago was released and ended up getting a Vitalis just a few kills in, and never went back. He's a complete scrub, and probably wouldn't be able to survive Vorago kill if he were to go back. On the other hand, I have known people who have consistently done Rago since it came out, have something like 30+ Wand drops, thousands upon thousands of Vorago kills (pre-SR counter), and yet don't have a Vitalis drop.

TL:DR; Gold Final boss is a farce that is not a realistic goal, and nor does it recognize the talents, and efforts of people who actually PVM - it only rewards lucky people.

• Like 2

Bull [bleep]ing shit. GF 160+ KPH at TDs. AND ESPECIALLY, now I'll never get 180 KPH.

Bombardment stacking doesn't work and several other methods I successfully did YESTERDAY, now longer work because the attacks hit some tick or ticks faster.

Combat is not any faster. It's just some fairy illusion shit. Oooh, Bombardment shows its damage a few ticks sooner!! NOW I CAN FEEL THE POWER...

TDs were the only thing on RS that entertained me, only because I pushed myself to be better than most anyone else. And I did accomplish that, but now what's the point if the only strategy at TDs is gone?

For every improvement, there is an equal and opposite nerf.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The whole damn game is pure RNG, it does not reward lucky scrubs as you say, it rewards RANDOM people. You are acting as if none of the so called 'hardcore pvmers' never got any pets. Do you think they did not feel rewarded when they got their pets? That's clearly not the case and it's obvious when they walk their pets with massive killcounts around the grand exchange.

According to the recently released killcount records, noone even has 3k vorago kills while the drop rate is 1 in 5000. You have no right to complain before you go over 10k kills. Yes, the numbers are high, boohoo. The whole update is bad because you have a friend who cries too much?

TL;DR Gold Final boss is a realistic goal for many, including two of rs3 top streamers on Twitch. (Omid and Dragonseance). To say it does not recognize their talents and dedication is just dumb.

• Like 3

For every improvement, there is an equal and opposite nerf.

This update was not an improvement. It's like saying adding an extra 0 all damage/health values is an improvement. There is no change in DPS, only how 'responsive combat feels' which differs between each player anyway.

• Like 2

ozXHe7P.png

The whole damn game is pure RNG, it does not reward lucky scrubs as you say, it rewards RANDOM people. You are acting as if none of the so called 'hardcore pvmers' never got any pets. Do you think they did not feel rewarded when they got their pets? That's clearly not the case and it's obvious when they walk their pets with massive killcounts around the grand exchange.

According to the recently released killcount records, noone even has 3k vorago kills while the drop rate is 1 in 5000. You have no right to complain before you go over 10k kills. Yes, the numbers are high, boohoo. The whole update is bad because you have a friend who cries too much?

TL;DR Gold Final boss is a realistic goal for many, including two of rs3 top streamers on Twitch. (Omid and Dragonseance). To say it does not recognize their talents and dedication is just dumb.

You have a very odd definition of "realistic"

• Like 3

77yLQy8.png

You have a very odd definition of "realistic"

I think it's realistic for people who only play RS.

Now to find out find out what 'only play RS' means....

ozXHe7P.png

Yes, the whole game is luck based - and that is a stupid and bad thing, not something to be celebrated.

Vitalis does not have a threshold system, neither does Araxxor. And I never said that hardcore PVM'ers do not get pets. The point remains that the single most important factor in determining whether you get a pet is luck - not effort. There are scrubs with a few kills who get pets, while people with thousands of kills who do not. What does that say? That the system does not reward effort.

The recently released kill count records are false, as they only keep track of post Soul Reaper kills (which was released about 6 months ago - most bosses were released long before then), not the thousands upon thousands that people had before then. Also, my anecdote about the people I mentioned is not an isolated case - there are dozens of people like that.

Gold Final boss is not  a realistic goal for 'many' people. That is self-evidently false. Some 182 people have a Vitalis pet. 1/5000 Voragos is not realistic. Omid can realistically get this title, Dragonseance cannot (he does not have a Vitalis).

• Like 2

They already have over half of the pets and it's barely been over a month. Surely it's realistic for them.

Yes, the whole game is luck based - and that is a stupid and bad thing, not something to be celebrated.

Maybe you are just playing the wrong game and I should stop taking you seriously...

Hey, be glad that leveling up is not luck based. I once played a RPG where you had a chance to level up a skill per action (so per fish caught for example). The higher the skill level the less chance you had to level up. The worst thing of all, if you did not do a skill for a while your skill level would slowly drop :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

They already have over half of the pets and it's barely been over a month. Surely it's realistic for them.

Maybe you are just playing the wrong game and I should stop taking you seriously...

You obviously know nothing about this topic.

Do you actually understand anything about the threshold system? It ensures that as your kills increase (and you meet thresholds), your drop rate will be more favourable to you. For instance, QBD starts out at 1/2500. If you've done, say, 1000 QBD kills, then your drop according to the threshold system is 3/2500, or 1/833. It eventually caps out at 10/2500 (which is obtained at 5,000 kills), which is a drop rate of 1/250.

Vitalis starts out at 1/5000. After 3000 Vorago kills, it remains at 1/5000. After 5000 Vorago kills, your odds are still 1/5000. After 100,000 kills, your odds are still 1/5000. You are basically being asked to win a lottery while investing massive amounts of time and effort (as Vorago is one of the most time consuming and difficult bosses in the game). An average teams gets about 4-5 kills per hour.

Thus having half the pets means nothing. Vitalis is far by the rarest and most difficult to get pet. If you don't have it, you aren't getting Final Boss Gold. It is the limiting factor. You can theoretically camp all the pets in the game that have a threshold system (since your drop rate is more favourable over time) - that does not apply to Vitalis, you can camp 10,000 Voragos, and your drop rate on the 10,001 th kill will still be 1/5000, basically you're being asked to win a lottery, at a high level boss. All the pets that Dragonseance has obtained so far were threshold pets - they do not compare at all to the Vitalis. You'd know this if you actually knew what you were talking about.

And this is why Vorago needs a threshold system as well.

Also the drop rate is actually 1/1000 as you get 5 drops per kill.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

And this is why Vorago needs a threshold system as well.

Also the drop rate is actually 1/1000 as you get 5 drops per kill.

You don't get all 5 drops though. You get like 2-3 if you are bomb tanking and your team is garbage. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

You obviously know nothing about this topic.

Do you actually understand anything about the threshold system? It ensures that as your kills increase (and you meet thresholds), your drop rate will be more favourable to you. For instance, QBD starts out at 1/2500. If you've done, say, 1000 QBD kills, then your drop according to the threshold system is 3/2500, or 1/833. It eventually caps out at 10/2500 (which is obtained at 5,000 kills), which is a drop rate of 1/250.

Vitalis starts out at 1/5000. After 3000 Vorago kills, it remains at 1/5000. After 5000 Vorago kills, your odds are still 1/5000. After 100,000 kills, your odds are still 1/5000. You are basically being asked to win a lottery while investing massive amounts of time and effort (as Vorago is one of the most time consuming and difficult bosses in the game). An average teams gets about 4-5 kills per hour.

Thus having half the pets means nothing. Vitalis is far by the rarest and most difficult to get pet. If you don't have it, you aren't getting Final Boss Gold. It is the limiting factor. You can theoretically camp all the pets in the game that have a threshold system (since your drop rate is more favourable over time) - that does not apply to Vitalis, you can camp 10,000 Voragos, and your drop rate on the 10,001 th kill will still be 1/5000, basically you're being asked to win a lottery, at a high level boss. All the pets that Dragonseance has obtained so far were threshold pets - they do not compare at all to the Vitalis. You'd know this if you actually knew what you were talking about.

You, sir, are implying way too much. I know exactly how the thresholds work. If you don't have vitalis, you go and get it. Simple as that. It may take a year or it may take a day but it's doable. Something being more time consuming compared to the others is simply irrelevant.

It's just your blind hate against 'luck' talking.

I'd like someone to make a Vorago simulator and see how many kills it takes for each person to get a Vitalis. Multiply each attempt by 15 minutes and tell me how many YEARS it took you to get one.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I'd like someone to make a Vorago simulator and see how many kills it takes for each person to get a Vitalis. Multiply each attempt by 15 minutes and tell me how many YEARS it took you to get one.

Say you have a 5 man team and get 5 kills per hour, with one of them being your kill. On average you'd need to spend 5000 hours. You tell me how many years that would take you ;)