Are guilds being used at all?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Now I think most guilds are deserted.

There are so many places with a lot of coals to mine, so there is nothing significant about the miners' guild when it comes to coal. At the top of that coal respawns quickly so even places with few coals are good places.

It's more worth it to use the ranged skill to train on powerful monster than any of the training spots in the Ranged Guild as you get more for that.

And I have never used the Crafting Guild, not once. Well, alright I did use it before I became a member, but I was only a f2p user for less than a year.

I could go on and on.

My point is I doubt many people use the guilds. I might be wrong, are guilds being used a lot?

The only two I can think of which are being used frequently are the warriors' guild (though I don't use it myself I know many use it.) and the fishing guild. The rest of them seem to be deserted as heck, and for good reasons too since there are much better training spots than these guilds for the most part.

Yeah the fletching guild is in Yanille where all buy yews, bowstrings & flax and make noobs happy

and we all have such laughs whilst we craft our bows and high alch them for profit or for loss!

No sorry, that's been gone for almost 8 years or so? The Grand Exchange traded goods for social contact so no, the guilds are inherently useless now.

i'm in the crafting and cooking guild from time to time.

Heroes to recharge glories

that's about it, don't care about elves, burn the elfen lands down.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Max guild is populated, simply because it has relevant resources that people actually want to use in the modern era of RS. All the other guilds are remnants of older eras.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Almost all guilds are dead, I hope to see a rework of all guilds to make better use of them for members. So you are correct, majority of guilds are useless right now.

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

guilds are dead even in 07 lol

Guilds were dead even in 07, as well. ;0

With the exception of perhaps the Fishing Guild, and to a lesser extent the Heroes' Guild, Guilds were never really hot spots in Runescape. They were kind of novelty places. Wow, cool I got into the Ranged guild! I can.. shoot... dummies. No. I'm going to go shoot Moss Giants right around the corner, and perhaps get a Tooth Half.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• 1 month later...

I use the crafting guild regularly.

Just out of curiosity, why do you do it?

I mean there are a lot of members areas that are better spots for silver, gold and clay ores.

I mean heck, there are even many f2p areas like that. I don't see what's special about the crafting guild, that's why I asked.

It's really convenient for making urns. I don't know of any other place in F2P where pottery wheels and ovens are that close to a bank.

• Like 1

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

It's really convenient for making urns. I don't know of any other place in F2P where pottery wheels and ovens are that close to a bank.

When you add it all up, is it a significant savings over Burthorpe? I'm curious for my own usage...eventually.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Fair enough, but I don't see how that's close to a bank, the closest bank is Falador and it takes around 3 minutes to walk there. But I guess it's closest to a bank in a F2P world.

The only banks I can think of that are closer to the crafting guild are banks only members have access to.

There is one in Ardougne that's closer to a bank, but that's a members area.

The idea would be gather clay, make urns, teleport to Daemonheim with the Ring of Kinship, bank, clan vex teleport, run to Crafting Guild, repeat.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.