[16-2-15] Ninja Update – Return of the Wildywyrm

Leik

Mogres, killerwarrs, cave horrors, rum pumped crabs, night spiders, phoenix, warped terrorbird, tortoise and automatons are all unlocked via quests, and there is not a toggle for them.

Those are all relatively older tasks. Jagex is anything but consistent and when they come up with a new way they unfortunately tend to go "we'll do this from now on" instead of retroactively trying to fix the problems that are still there.

I agree with your post, but with the addendum that this is the way most companies operate. Typically, it is simply far more money to fix things that exist. In the same way that depending on the house, it can be cheaper to scrap it and make a new one (keep in mind: this is from point of view of a corporation, not a family deciding if they should build a brand new house or fix their current one)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Thankfully I have a few thousand Slayer points to cancel any shit/troll tasks they come up with.

They'll take that as a challenge.

Slayer points, that scale to your level!

The higher your max total, the more points you receive! This is determined by the following:

(((total lvl * (1)^2) / (0+1)^2)-total lvl)-1+2= that many points added on as a reward after each task!!

To compensate for all the additional points, they also now have an "elite handicap", where each point is only 75% effective. You can also fail at spending them, which could hit up to 3200, much like DG. At this point, be quick! You will start bleeding points until you provoke and another player uses Natural Instinct. If this is done successfully, you will get the item for free! Or.. fail and start over. 

Once your points have bled to 0, you hp will start to bleed as well.

We feel this will keep everyone on their toes, and us on our asses.

• Like 1

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I think you forgot about the part where you can win points off Treasure Hunter.

Anyway, they already have enough ways for high level or experienced players to power through and get more points faster, don't they? :P

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

i feel the same way about making content in the wilderness specifically to try to trick people who don't know about all of the loopholes in pvp into going in as i do about luring scams and backstabbing

I get rekt by any decent PvMer bar the few dirty tricks I have.

At WE2 this girl tanked me and my team all day... (cries)

& pls attract noobies so I can add on FL like my revenant hunters, who u gonna call!? VORK

Scams, backstabs & lures happen in games without PvP too x'D

i see it more like an aquanite thing where people are really divided on the issue, and unlike green dragons, are in high level slayer masters and have no alternative outside of the wilderness

Green drags were wilderness only for the longest time :c

now its making me wonder if that was the succes formula, green drags & KQ, all you need hehe

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

i feel the same way about making content in the wilderness specifically to try to trick people who don't know about all of the loopholes in pvp into going in as i do about luring scams and backstabbing

& pls attract noobies so I can add on FL like my revenant hunters, who u gonna call!? VORK

i see it more like an aquanite thing where people are really divided on the issue, and unlike green dragons, are in high level slayer masters and have no alternative outside of the wilderness

now its making me wonder if that was the succes formula, green drags & KQ, all you need hehe

Kalphite Queen #1 pvp incentive

• Like 2

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Mogres, killerwarrs, cave horrors, rum pumped crabs, night spiders, phoenix, warped terrorbird, tortoise and automatons are all unlocked via quests, and there is not a toggle for them.

Those are all relatively older tasks. Jagex is anything but consistent and when they come up with a new way they unfortunately tend to go "we'll do this from now on" instead of retroactively trying to fix the problems that are still there.

I agree with your post, but with the addendum that this is the way most companies operate. Typically, it is simply far more money to fix things that exist. In the same way that depending on the house, it can be cheaper to scrap it and make a new one (keep in mind: this is from point of view of a corporation, not a family deciding if they should build a brand new house or fix their current one)

I think the main problem is that they're running a persistent MMO with constant updates. For most companies if you change it going forward thats fine because your new products are better and your older ones are obsolete. With a 10+ year game with consistent updates that just makes it a mess with inconsistencies in design everywhere, players asking for fixes and being ignored. I think if you're trying to keep the old product from being obsolete then you need to make the fixes.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Kalphite Queen #1 pvp incentive

Haha no it's from POV: Moneymaking methods at the time.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

(((total lvl * (1)^2) / (0+1)^2)-total lvl)-1+2= that many points added on as a reward after each task!!

wait a [bleep]ing second

So erm maybe I am missing something but isn't that formula the same as (total lvl * 1) / 1 - total lvl - 1 + 2 which is the same as -1 + 2 which always is 1... ( or I am killing the joke :P )

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

wait a [bleep]ing second

So erm maybe I am missing something but isn't that formula the same as (total lvl * 1) / 1 - total lvl - 1 + 2 which is the same as -1 + 2 which always is 1... ( or I am killing the joke :P )

I wasn't paying enough attention at the time to get it, but I think that was the joke! Hehe.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

wait a [bleep]ing second

hahahhahhahahaahaa

wait a [bleep]ing second

but what if your total level was 10,000,000,000,000?!!! Surely you'd get a L O T of extra points!

welcome to jagex logic

• Like 2

Nomads outfit is out... looks pretty sweet, but the staff/spear kind of look underwhelming. The sandstorm walk is amazing plus the windy cape effect from it is awesome.

sByITJ3.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png