23 February 2015 - Dishonour among Thieves

Arceus

it was more of a resource management thing, which i didn't think was that bad, it was just sort of crammed in all at once instead of being gradually introduced over a period of time, which they obviously thought could be managed by failing several times instead of letting the player enjoy learning

in particular, one of the mechanics can only be tracked by game chat messages, and i skipped over the instructions too fast to remember if they ever mentioned that

i think more overt cues to coming close to a failure state would be appreciated when throwing such a large set of variables at the player at once

8f14270694.jpg

Who on earth at Jagex thought "I know people really hate QTEs so let's make a terrible version of Sorceress's Garden where you can't use run and have to rely on QTEs, that sounds like something our players will love to do, especially with our less-than-reliable network infrastructure and latency issues!"

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I enjoyed the story of this quest but I feel like the Sliske base puzzle portion was a bit poorly executed.

It seems like we could've had a series of progressively bigger rooms to get through each with new obstacles/tricks that can be overcome with specific talents of the party members.

I mean what was Jerrod's actual use in the 'sneaking' anyway? He walks up behind the wights that aren't facing him and kills them, using the doors we opened and can readily access ourselves.

Then in that final puzzle everyone felt a bit gimmicky/useless other than Jerrod and Moia

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

right, like salt in the wound

no wait don't do that

btw, you don't even need jerrod, if you shimmy sideways into their field of view you can glitch into their hitbox and take them out because they made it extremely generous in order to cancel out how badly their stealth design fails, to the point where they just overcompensate for how close you need to be

8f14270694.jpg

Triple coins and 1-3 noted gems from Rogues' Den safes

THIS IS ONE HAPPY THIEF!!!

I guess that cape was a steal after all :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

it was more of a resource management thing, which i didn't think was that bad, it was just sort of crammed in all at once instead of being gradually introduced over a period of time, which they obviously thought could be managed by failing several times instead of letting the player enjoy learning

in particular, one of the mechanics can only be tracked by game chat messages, and i skipped over the instructions too fast to remember if they ever mentioned that

i think more overt cues to coming close to a failure state would be appreciated when throwing such a large set of variables at the player at once

Which mechanic could only be managed by game chat messages? I managed to do the whole thing without looking at the chat box

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

basically, the wights change entrances at pretty random intervals, so if you're in an interface when the cycling happens, you won't be able to tell if they've moved if you aren't concentrating on noticing if anything's changed (sometimes they don't actually move at all, so if they've shifted forward a cycle you won't be able to tell just by looking either), the only permanent sign that it's happened is a game message

if you're not using a widescreen view, you will also have to make a deliberate effort to see the tunnel entrances

8f14270694.jpg

For those of you who cannot do the quest, I recorded it so you can see what the quest is all about! Those who can do the quest, mind the spoilers ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CChFPrtMve0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-uUOlH5n08

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Not even sub-30 minutes. For shame!

I like reading the story. Best I could trim it all off is like an hour tops if I were to spacebar all unnecessary chat.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

As I posted on the screenshots threat, I have just reached the actual Floor 60 in Daemonheim. How exactly would someone even get to 61?

Despite having collected all the letters and lore in-game (pleasantly surprised when I had the dialogue option with Thok :)) I'm still very confused about Daemonheim, especially regarding its creation origin...  :mellow:

2dgucz6.png

If you had talked to Bilrach when he was present, he would have explained it all to you.

As for how the ritual stones got down there, I believe you should ask a certain Exile at a certain port...

As it is, Floor 61 is sealed off to all unauthorized entry, so there would be no possible way to get in without being invited unless you had something that could tunnel through several layers of twisted space.

8f14270694.jpg