Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jagex Poll on new MTX stuff

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Buying max level in WoW works because the leveling process is meant to teach you how to play your character and develop the muscle memory for your key binds. While in RS the grind literally is the game.

Also as a general rule. if your offering to sell auto-completion of the content that makes up 99% of your game thats a clear indication that your gameplay is shit.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Was an email poll according to those who received it.

I got it and there was no way to check if it was a scam (to get details about my account to hack it) or legit, except for believing the e-mail address was real, which can be changed to anything a user wants you to believe it is. Guess I know it is legit now so I can participate in it.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I got it and there was no way to check if it was a scam (to get details about my account to hack it) or legit, except for believing the e-mail address was real, which can be changed to anything a user wants you to believe it is. Guess I know it is legit now so I can participate in it.

If you are uncertain that a link is legit, right click the link, select 'Copy link address' and paste it into Notepad so you can examine its destination. It should always be something like 'secure(dot)runescape(dot)com' or something.runescape.com. Watch out for tricks like 'secure(dot)runescape(dot)thisisaphishingsite.com' though. You can also always paste the URL into a scan on VirusTotal or similar site to have it scan it for you. If it's the real site it should show a positive rating, and if not it will probably flag a couple scanners. This way you can make sure to stay safe :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

If you are uncertain that a link is legit, right click the link, select 'Copy link address' and paste it into Notepad so you can examine its destination. It should always be something like 'secure(dot)runescape(dot)com' or something.runescape.com. Watch out for tricks like 'secure(dot)runescape(dot)thisisaphishingsite.com' though. You can also always paste the URL into a scan on VirusTotal or similar site to have it scan it for you. If it's the real site it should show a positive rating, and if not it will probably flag a couple scanners. This way you can make sure to stay safe :).

Except that they didn't host the survey but that it was hosted by surveymonkey :P As surveymonkey is legit and you cannot view who made the survey there is no way to check if it is legit.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

Umm, and Surverymonkey is handling your RuneScape login credentials? Or it just generates a unique link to everyone they sent the survey to?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Umm, and Surverymonkey is handling your RuneScape login credentials? Or it just generates a unique link to everyone they sent the survey to?

The second one :) 

Retired item crew

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

Ah okay, so worst case scenario for this type of thing is you got professionally trolled. :XD:

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Ah okay, so worst case scenario for this type of thing is you got professionally trolled. :XD:

Someone would have stolen Sayln's account on Reddit?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

Someone would have stolen Sayln's account on Reddit?

Guess so, although that sort of stuff has happened before  :rolleyes: .

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
They'd have stolen Mod Balance's account as well.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

inb4 sent only to people who buy spins/bonds/coins

the great thing about polls done by for profit businesses is that they can be used to justify anything if conducted "properly'

8f14270694.jpg

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

the great thing about polls done by for profit businesses is that they can be used to justify anything if conducted "properly'

Hey, it's probably an improvement over flat-out making up the results, right?

Right?

Flyingjj
[ Display Name History ]

Flyingjj

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,181 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:flyingjj

The ONLY advantage I see to this is I could actually get my wife to play with me as we'd be on relatively even footing. She's played several times on and off over the years but no where near the consistent playtime of my character I've had since classic. 

But like others said, it would also take away a large portion of the game.

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

Also, look at the OP image - these are questions 79 and 80 (!) on a survey. I don't know about you guys, but I can't systematically and accurately rate more than about 10 or 15 items on a scale of not very likely to likely before I get tired and just start hitting random numbers. If people are barely paying attention by the time that they arrive at that point...

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

inb4 sent only to people who buy spins/bonds/coins

It's not only "for profits" that use and abuse data that is less than credible, but your point is not lost. My recent poll of Runescape players found that 99% of Runescape Players are playing Runescape ergo Runescape is most popular game of all time.

Srs.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

there are other reasons, but they're mostly for profit

8f14270694.jpg

Jimla
[ Display Name History ]

Jimla

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • RSN:Jimla

Jesus Christ, this is beyond sad. Even worse than these revealing survey questions themselves, is Mod Balance's pathetic attempts to backpedal and reassure players this kind of scheme isn't in the future plans for the game.

If I can ever be bothered to fly across the ocean and attend RuneFest, I'll be sure to pop that kid in the mouth.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Also, look at the OP image - these are questions 79 and 80 (!) on a survey. I don't know about you guys, but I can't systematically and accurately rate more than about 10 or 15 items on a scale of not very likely to likely before I get tired and just start hitting random numbers. If people are barely paying attention by the time that they arrive at that point...

Also I didn't get that question because I said taht I don't want to buy anything related to runecoins in the future. The reason is that I am against these things, so yeah if you ask the people who might buy things like that if they want to buy them, and not ask the people totally against the idea itself you "might" get more results favouring your question... -.-

Retired item crew

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts

Clever question filtering, geez >.<.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Buying account.

Owait;c

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users