Jagex Poll on new MTX stuff

Yoko Kurama

Ah okay, so worst case scenario for this type of thing is you got professionally trolled. :XD:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ah okay, so worst case scenario for this type of thing is you got professionally trolled. :XD:

Someone would have stolen Sayln's account on Reddit?

Guess so, although that sort of stuff has happened before  :rolleyes: .

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Was an email poll according to those who received it.

inb4 sent only to people who buy spins/bonds/coins

the great thing about polls done by for profit businesses is that they can be used to justify anything if conducted "properly'

8f14270694.jpg

The ONLY advantage I see to this is I could actually get my wife to play with me as we'd be on relatively even footing. She's played several times on and off over the years but no where near the consistent playtime of my character I've had since classic. 

But like others said, it would also take away a large portion of the game.

Flyingjj.png

Also, look at the OP image - these are questions 79 and 80 (!) on a survey. I don't know about you guys, but I can't systematically and accurately rate more than about 10 or 15 items on a scale of not very likely to likely before I get tired and just start hitting random numbers. If people are barely paying attention by the time that they arrive at that point...

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Was an email poll according to those who received it.

inb4 sent only to people who buy spins/bonds/coins

the great thing about polls done by for profit businesses is that they can be used to justify anything if conducted "properly'

It's not only "for profits" that use and abuse data that is less than credible, but your point is not lost. My recent poll of Runescape players found that 99% of Runescape Players are playing Runescape ergo Runescape is most popular game of all time.

Srs.

• Like 3

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Jesus Christ, this is beyond sad. Even worse than these revealing survey questions themselves, is Mod Balance's pathetic attempts to backpedal and reassure players this kind of scheme isn't in the future plans for the game.

If I can ever be bothered to fly across the ocean and attend RuneFest, I'll be sure to pop that kid in the mouth.

Also, look at the OP image - these are questions 79 and 80 (!) on a survey. I don't know about you guys, but I can't systematically and accurately rate more than about 10 or 15 items on a scale of not very likely to likely before I get tired and just start hitting random numbers. If people are barely paying attention by the time that they arrive at that point...

Also I didn't get that question because I said taht I don't want to buy anything related to runecoins in the future. The reason is that I am against these things, so yeah if you ask the people who might buy things like that if they want to buy them, and not ask the people totally against the idea itself you "might" get more results favouring your question... -.-

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Also I didn't get that question because I said taht I don't want to buy anything related to runecoins in the future. The reason is that I am against these things, so yeah if you ask the people who might buy things like that if they want to buy them, and not ask the people totally against the idea itself you "might" get more results favouring your question... -.-

Obviously if you are not going to buy anything from them, it would be a waste of everyone's time to then ask you whether you'd buy a specific thing. You already said no. They automatically mark you down as a "No." This is like market research surveys 101.

^Except that they probably don't mark me as "no" on that specific question as I never answered it, because I skipped it by answering no on a previous question. It would not make sense from a survey perspective to mark all further answers as no.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, did you say an outright "no" or was it on the sliding not likely - likely scale for that question as well?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Out of curiosity, did you say an outright "no" or was it on the sliding not likely - likely scale for that question as well?

I am not sure anymore, but I think I said no.

Retired item crew

^Except that they probably don't mark me as "no" on that specific question as I never answered it, because I skipped it by answering no on a previous question. It would not make sense from a survey perspective to mark all further answers as no.

Their data would show that X% of players are willing to spend money, and of those players, Y% would be willing to spend money to quick-level their skills. X% * Y% then gives you the approximate percentage of the overall player base that would pay to quick-level their skills. Voila. Statistics.

Their data would show that X% of players are willing to spend money, and of those players, Y% would be willing to spend money to quick-level their skills. X% * Y% then gives you the approximate percentage of the overall player base that would pay to quick-level their skills. Voila. Statistics.

I know how statistic work, the problem is that most companies don't use statistics as intended, or simply don't have enough knowledge about it, but still do research. I read about "research" in newspapers so many times from which I can already read that the results are biased (for example only using a few participants, sometimes only one). Jagex could just say "this many people voted in favor of it" without mentioning the percentage of people voting no to the previous question.

Retired item crew

Meh... Kinda like that one promo that gave 1m xp in any skill/skills, which is 10 skills instant to 50. A lot of low level content getting skipped.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101