2 March 2015 - Beta: EoC/Legacy Mash-up

essiw

Beta is Back!
The beta is back and available to play right now for all members! We have a number of projects and changes in the pipeline that we would like your feedback on before they go into the live game. Today is the first of several planned releases, so look out for more in the future.
The first time you log in, a version of your main account will be imported and you will be transported to Lumbridge. Anything you do in the beta will not affect your account in the main game.
Play the beta now!

Beta Changes

EoC/Legacy Mashup

Interfaces have been decoupled combat from combat modes, so now you can play with Legacy interfaces and EoC combat, or with the new customisable interfaces and Legacy combat. Choose your preference from the game settings menu.

Melee 2H Improvements

• Quake now deals 219% damage to the main target.
  • Hurricane will now hit twice on the main target.
  • Meteor Strike will now deal AoE damage to nearby opponents.
  • Meteor Strike no longer requires the opponent to have less than 50% life points.
  • Barge will now apply a 1.2 second bind on an opponent.
  • Barge no longer shares a cooldown with surge.
  • Barge with no target will no longer perform surge. This will be change to use the targeting cursor in a future update.

Legacy Soul Split Healing
In an effort to bring into line 2-handed Soul Split healing, the healing cap has been removed in Legacy combat mode.

PvP Focused Changes

• Disabling prayers has been removed from Snipe, Dragonbreath and Havoc.
  • Basic stuns now last for 1.2 seconds.
  • Basic and threshold stuns no longer share a cooldown.
  • Eating food during PvP in non-Legacy combat mode will drain adrenaline instead of invoking a global cooldown.

Giving Feedback
As the projects in beta are still a work in progress, they are unlikely to be perfect. Therefore it is important you let us know what you think of them and inform us if you find any bugs.
For any feedback that you may have, please post this in the beta feedback subforum, and for any bugs, please use the in-game bug reporter (while on a beta server).
In certain circumstances we may honour players with 'the Gamebreaker' title to use in the main game. This is for those who we have determined to have gone above and beyond to help test the beta, have provided great feedback and reported major bugs.
Thank you and we look forward to your feedback.

In Other News

• The Ninja Team have made a number of improvements to the WildyWyrm and lava strykewyrms including providing wild arrows to go with your strykebows.
  • You may notice many of the skeleton models have been reworked, and some of the animations you see in desert areas have also been updated. These graphical improvements are courtesy of the Ninjas.

Patch notes:

Graphical

• A height issue in the Stronghold of Security has been fixed so that items will not appear in the ground in certain places. 
  • Leaf traps in Prifddinas now display at the correct size with ground decoration turned off. 
  • Some mismatched texturing has been corrected on the floor of the TokHaar Fight Kiln. 
  • A broken texture sticking out on a farming patch on Braindeath Island has been fixed. 
  • A floating wall piece in Dorgesh-Kaan has been removed. 
  • Some graphically outdated rocks has been removed from the Barrows tunnels. 
  • Kamil and Fareed's combat animations have been updated. 
  • The ground floor of an Edgeville building can no longer be deleted. 
  • Off-hand longsword blades no longer clip through the player's shoulder while in Legacy mode. 
  • Kipple Nano no longer reappears when being dismissed. 

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• It is now possible for Player-Owned Ports random events to trigger outside of an instanced area by using a Captain's Log. 
  • A typo on one of The Exile's voyage descriptions has been corrected. 

Quests, Challenges & Achievements: 

• The quest name in the hint for the 'The Heist' music track has been corrected. 
  • Jerrod's cape now notes items the items stolen from the Taverley bakery. 
  • Players will no longer get stuck in the Agoroth fight when fighting with an upgraded Mask of Sliske. 
  • Dishonour among Thieves will now appear on the Adventurer's Log. 
  • The synchronisation of the text and audio during Bard Roberts' sea shanties has been improved. 

Other: 

• Abilities no longer trigger their cooldown without anything happening. 
  • Revolution will now start up faster after all basic abilities have been on cooldown. 
  • Some blocking that was left behind when a house in north Edgeville was renovated has been removed. 
  • A blocking issue near Ghorrock has been resolved. 
  • Inactive poll tabs can no longer be selected when opening the 'Vote now!' tab in the Community interface. 
  • Players are now able to use the 'join friend' function to teleport to Lunar Isle if they have the requirements to visit. 
  • Attempting to eat whilst stunned will no longer drain adrenaline. 
  • A hyphen between the 'Add to tool belt' operation has been removed for all Dungeoneering tool belt items. 
  • Some dialogue in the Combat Academy has been tweaked to match the voice-over. 
  • A message informing new players about their run energy depleting will no longer appear if they have guidance system hints toggled off. 
  • A creature in the God Wars Dungeon has been moved to prevent drops appearing on top of a pillar. 
  • Some force-walking tiles near Eagle's Peak have been removed. 
  • Using an obsidian shard on undamaged obsidian armour will now only display one message. 
  • Shieldbows now scale defensive abilities correctly. 
  • The dark bow now has a 70 Defence requirement. 
  • Broadcasted messages once again appear on worlds running a different language. 

Ninja Fixes: 

• A large number of skeletons across Gielinor have been graphically updated. 
  • 'Hop Worlds' has been capitalised in the menu. 
  • The cactus cutting animation used to refill waterskins has been updated. 
  • The waterskin drinking animation has been updated. 
  • The sand gathering animation has been updated. 
  • Anticipation and Freedom now prevents lava strykewyrms from dragging the player towards them. 
  • Lava strykewyrms now drop new level 85 wild arrows to pair with a strykebow. 
  • Players can now retaliate instantly against another player while fighting a strykewyrm. The strykewyrm will also stop attacking. 
  • Lava strykewyrms now give more Slayer experience per kill. 
  • Searing ashes now grant 200xp when scattered. 
  • The Wildywyrm's chance of spawning has been greatly increased.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

A new title has been added with the update too: the Gamebreaker.

"In certain circumstances we may honour players with 'the Gamebreaker' title to use in the main game. This is for those who we have determined to have gone above and beyond to help test the beta, have provided great feedback and reported major bugs.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

The Beta came out before boss practice. It'll be a completely superior way to test bosses without even needing to pay for gear charge and food/potions.

Boss practice isn't even going to be a relevant update when it ships. It won't be relevant until the beta ends.

• Like 2

Everyone who works at IVP should be awarded one of these titles by default!

Well, I plan to check out this beta anyway sometime.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ok I'll panic buy a Scythe, why not.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It's hilarious how W200 Lumbridge appears to have turned into a trading floor more than anything else. Oh Runescapians, you never fail to amaze me..

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It's hilarious how W200 Lumbridge appears to have turned into a trading floor more than anything else. Oh Runescapians, you never fail to amaze me..

Why wouldn't they? That's how it is with every beta. They might as well give Game Breaker to anyone that actually plays it seriously; it'll still be exclusive :-D

Why wouldn't they? That's how it is with every beta. They might as well give Game Breaker to anyone that actually plays it seriously; it'll still be exclusive :-D

I mean they could have NPC's distribute weaponry and armor for free but nope...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

You mean give people the tools to test a combat beta?

Nah, to much work

The NPC's to do it already exist though, they did it for the EoC beta.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Saru the Philanthropist

gjviz.jpg

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You mean give people the tools to test a combat beta?

Nah, to much work

The NPC's to do it already exist though, they did it for the EoC beta.

Yeah but jagex went lazy and didn't add them. So there's no real way of testing the beta unless you already own all the gear. Might as well have just released the damn thing into the main client.

Popoto.~<3

is there a way to log into the beta without importing your current save file?

When you log into the beta for the first time, it automatically imports your current progress as the save file. If you want to update your save file after that, use the 'import save' button in the lower-left corner. I've just verified that it works.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

So basically melees going to get even more op on mobs while we still get no more mage and range abilities to catch up to all of the 188% melee basics damage output...

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I'd say it is balanced in that, melee's damage boosting ultimate makes you take double damage and lasts 20 seconds over 30, and that you need to run into md every time you attack, meaning a mage or range can bind you and escape

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

A new title has been added with the update too: the Gamebreaker.

"In certain circumstances we may honour players with 'the Gamebreaker' title to use in the main game. This is for those who we have determined to have gone above and beyond to help test the beta, have provided great feedback and reported major bugs.

aweyeaaahhh

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

is there a way to log into the beta without importing your current save file?

When you log into the beta for the first time, it automatically imports your current progress as the save file. If you want to update your save file after that, use the 'import save' button in the lower-left corner. I've just verified that it works.

So progress from older betas will be lost if I log into this one?  I spent a significant amount of time previously training and building up my accounts in the last few betas and I would hate to have to start all over again...  :(

"Alas, such is life.  An arduous journey speckled with fleeting moments of fantastical bliss intertwined amongst bittersweet sorrows and pains.  To live is to die . . . "

Yes unfortunately, you start fresh with your current day character and whatever weapons/stats you have there. According to JMods, they want people to go with their current gear to make sure everything gets tested and not just the top tiers, hence not giving out free stuff either.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png