2 March 2015 - Beta: EoC/Legacy Mash-up

essiw

Ports armor no longer drop coins in the wildy. You can pick them up from the ground after you die.

RIP risk.

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Is that just in the beta? Could be a temporary thing to save you from having to reimport every time you die.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Why don't they just disable trading and/or any possible method of transferring items between players in beta?

There's no need to be honest. If they disable trading, and don't have NPCs that give free stuff, then a lot of people won't be able to test high level gear. The beta has always been about people dicking around, so whatever.

Why does everybody need to be able to test high level gear?

Because that's the gear that matters the most? There's plenty of people like me who have access to high level gear (because I'm a Comped player and I can afford any weapon I damn please), but I don't have the time to do beta testing for them, or any desire at this point, so I won't. Meanwhile there's plenty of people who may be willing to test stuff but don't have access to all the gear.

We're still not getting more actionbar slots? :(

A new title has been added with the update too: the Gamebreaker.

"In certain circumstances we may honour players with 'the Gamebreaker' title to use in the main game. This is for those who we have determined to have gone above and beyond to help test the beta, have provided great feedback and reported major bugs.

I need this.

And if you give everyone free access to all the high level stuff, then there's barely anyone testing lower level stuff.

End-game equipment isn't what matters the most, especially when you consider that those who have access to it are a minority.

• Like 1

Because when I step into the Wilderness with T50's I get banged by Noxious weapons and they still seem to have a reason to smite my gravite weapons <_< You can barely test lower leveled gear because everyone seems to have T90 weapons which just do too much damage. This is exactly why I dislike P2P PvP. It's all about items and only comes to skill when you find someone with the same items.

I also really don't understand why they don't just decrease the damage in PvP. The whole DPS in RuneScape is based on killing level 500 bosses with 50K HP, not level 126 players with 10K HP. Can't they fix that instead of making melee do even more damage :mellow:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

PvP is exactly why we shouldn't have everyone testing only with lv 90 gear.

Otherwise we end up with stupid things like F2P PvP where you can easily hit like 400, yet the highest you can heal back up is 140.

Then there's also PvE issues such as metal dragon slayer tasks being near impossible if you weren't rich. You would get assigned metal dragons, but your spells would always miss unless you were much higher level with a Lv. 70+ wand that cost several millions at the time. Couldn't use a cheap Lv. 70+ staff unless you were rich enough to have 80-85 Herblore.

Also, anyone remember Double Agent? *shudders*

Because that's the gear that matters the most? There's plenty of people like me who have access to high level gear (because I'm a Comped player and I can afford any weapon I damn please), but I don't have the time to do beta testing for them, or any desire at this point, so I won't. Meanwhile there's plenty of people who may be willing to test stuff but don't have access to all the gear.

IMO low and mid level tiers (think tier 40-->tier 70) is more important, but that's just my opinion. I think most people who play are using gear in that range (many can use tier 80+ but choose not to because of their prices), which is why I think it is more important. I know it can be hard to believe, but I would hazard to guess that comped players don't actually make up that much of the overall Runescape population, and as such, while testing for high level gear is necessary and vital, it shouldn't "matter the most."
  • Like 1

wait, we'll get a title if we manage to screw up the beta hard enough to derail it? that sounds like an invitation i can't turn down

I think that was a pretty smart addition on their part to get some folks to help them beta-test who otherwise wouldn't.

I'm also waiting for Tranq to get that title.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

IMO low and mid level tiers (think tier 40-->tier 70) is more important, but that's just my opinion. I think most people who play are using gear in that range (many can use tier 80+ but choose not to because of their prices), which is why I think it is more important. I know it can be hard to believe, but I would hazard to guess that comped players don't actually make up that much of the overall Runescape population, and as such, while testing for high level gear is necessary and vital, it shouldn't "matter the most."

Well, overall, RS has dwindled to just the hardcore audience. Not that many new players sign up or stick around. Its the hardcore of the hardcore that stick around. No one really cares if level 50 weaponry is broken or anything, even if it is and someone is abusing it, it is unlikely to have an economic impact. Whereas if T90 weaponry is broken, that's going to have a huge impact. It's not like before where leveling was slow and people stayed low level for long times, now a days people breeze past the lower levels within days. No one particularly cares, including Jagex, if lower level bosses are dead content or broken - but they definitely care if something happens to stuff like Rago or Nex or Rots - as evidenced by the many changes they've made to keep them relevant. So I do think higher level weaponry is a) more important, and b) Jagex certainly treats it with more priority.

Also, high level weapons don't necessarily require you to be comped. Lots of people use t80+ weaponry, but not all or even most are comped.

"No one particularly cares, including Jagex, if lower level bosses are dead content or broken"

Perhaps that's a reason why not many new players sign up and stick around?

• Like 2

"No one particularly cares, including Jagex, if lower level bosses are dead content or broken"

It might seem that it is a reason, but it isn't really. Runescape is a really really old game now, and growth has slowed down, and MMORPGs are sort of yesterday's news anyways. There was a time when through stuff like Miniclips there were all sorts of people signing up, but that was years ago.

Yaay positive feedback. Lower level content is broken or useless -> low level players jump ship -> no reason to fix low level content. It works~

It's pretty easy to see why they wouldn't want to give out T90, considering how many massive problems there were with lower-level things only being possible in T80+ because that's all people tested in...

• Like 2

It might seem that it is a reason, but it isn't really. Runescape is a really really old game now, and growth has slowed down, and MMORPGs are sort of yesterday's news anyways. There was a time when through stuff like Miniclips there were all sorts of people signing up, but that was years ago.

There are definitely several contributing factors, some of which can be changed, some of which cannot. Low-level content being broken is one of the ones which can and should be changed. It's not going to turn things around immediately, but it will help, and that's absolutely worth doing.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg