Extend the amount of monsters to kill per trip during slayer.

The reason I don't usually bother with slayer masters is because they usually assign monsters in the 100s at a time. Truly pathetic.

I want to kill 1,000 monsters each assignment at least. 335 at most is not good enough for me.

So at least give us the option to fight more than 500 at a time. Yeah more than 500 would be acceptable. But less than 350 at a time is not. Because I get so little EXP and not to mention so few drops from that.

Not a bad idea, maybe they could let you extend tasks in exchange for some Vis Wax or something. I think part of the challenge is to force you to change it up every so often though :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Doesn't preferring task offer an extension?

It does, but that also eats through Slayer points. Even if you used all your Slayer points up towards extending, you would only be able to extend about half at a mid-range level, right?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You go to the rewards tab of the Slayer master and purchase it for 30 points, it would seem. Does that do it?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Once you have an assignment, pay 30 points to increase the task length by 20% of the original amount. Can be done at any point during the task.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Once you have an assignment, pay 30 points to increase the task length by 20% of the original amount. Can be done at any point during the task.

Twenty percent? I'm still dissatisfied with that.

500 should be the minimum amount of monsters to fight each assignment in my opinion. Being done with an assignment quickly is far from fun as it's low slayer EXP and not very rewarding.

Jagex has to balance their game. Not everyone wants to kill a mass amount of monsters, and not everyone wants to kill a minimal amount.

By also having  a smaller count than something truly time consuming, players can rotate to other slayer monsters and tasks, keeping slayer from becoming too repetitive and boring.

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Making tasks that long would defeat the entire purpose of slayer.

Pre-slayer everyone trained combat by camping out specific mobs endlessly. Slayer's design purpose was to break up mass camping and get people moving around different monsters more - to achieve that it needs to keep the task lengths relatively short and I mean it's not like the tasks haven't got fairly long over the years. Some got buffed up in numbers, Kuradel and Morvan brought longer tasks and the whole pay to extend by 20% thing.

To me I think task length is really at it's limits now, any longer and you defeat the purpose of slayer and end up promoting camping again.

I mean it's not like task are that bad xp at the lengths they are and at the end of the day if you really want to camp something enmass you can, just not with slayer.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Don't you have to pay 30 points to extend a task? Or is it a one shot deal and done?

I'm not talking about extension, I'm talking about preferring

Oh my mistake, sorry. Still, that's 100 points for each task you want to prefer, and there's a limit on those. I'm sure it helps somewhat, but still, only the 20% increase, and you're limited to X tasks you can actually prefer  :-P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Do you want a 15,000 steel dragon task or something

I wouldn't go that extreme, but 500-6000 monsters per task would satisfy me.

As for the rest of you, alright, guys. You make a fair point. And you are right, I don't have to do slayer assignments, I can just kill the monsters I wanna kill. I have high slayer level as it is anyway. So the fact I can't kill everything doesn't bother me that much.

Twenty percent? I'm still dissatisfied with that.

500 should be the minimum amount of monsters to fight each assignment in my opinion. Being done with an assignment quickly is far from fun as it's low slayer EXP and not very rewarding.

Hell no. That'd be a nightmare for me. Sure, it'd be cool to kill 500 Aviansie in one trip. But 500 Kalphites? 500 Steel Dragons? Dear God, the monotony would be the end of me.

You can extend tasks, as well as prefer them, Through the use of Slayer VIP tokens, you could easily (i've done it) get back to back Slayer tasks of the same creature.

The entire point of Slayer (when it came out in 2004) was to break up combat, so you weren't fighting 10,000 cows to get 99 Defence. So making an Olympic size requirement defeats the purpose of the skill. To add spontaneity to your daily combat.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

How come I almost never make a suggestion that people agree with? I'm such a damn moron.

I think Blaziken is a decent Pokemon, at least you have that going for you

I stopped being a fan of that Pokémon a long time ago, that's why my name is no longer The Blaziken Master.

My favorite Pokémon now is the one you see in my avatar.

How come I almost never make a suggestion that people agree with? I'm such a damn moron.

If I am honest, that is probably because you seem to have a different mindset than most other people here. I am not trying to offend you, I think being unique is something to be proud of :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!