16-Mar-2015 - Ninja Graphical Updates | Skillcapes | Pyramid Plunder

Saradomin_Mage

I'm hoping for the SGS override instead of the straight toggle. I wouldn't even mind paying for it as long as it was an override instead of actually having to waste keepsake slots on the capes. (I have all 20 slots filled already but I'd love to wear the agility/prayer cape)

If they're putting the old models as free overrides on Solomon's, then they better have overrides of the new models for free as well.

Which is why I wouldn't mind paying for them. I don't really expect them to give free overrides away. Or they need to increase the number of keepsakes we can have. I hate only being able to keepsake one color of Naval.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I mean, the models themselves are fine, it's just the colors are completely off.

For some of them, I don't mind, like Construction cape used to be orange trim, now it's yellow trim which I like more.

But I don't think colors should have changed at all.

I agree, new construction looks really nice

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I'm hoping for the SGS override instead of the straight toggle. I wouldn't even mind paying for it as long as it was an override instead of actually having to waste keepsake slots on the capes. (I have all 20 slots filled already but I'd love to wear the agility/prayer cape)

If they're putting the old models as free overrides on Solomon's, then they better have overrides of the new models for free as well.

Which is why I wouldn't mind paying for them. I don't really expect them to give free overrides away. Or they need to increase the number of keepsakes we can have. I hate only being able to keepsake one color of Naval.

It's not as much about having to pay for the overrides than having to use up a keepsake slot if you wanted an override of the new models.

If you preferred the old models, then you would be able to have them as an override without taking up a keepsake slot; you wouldn't have that luxury with the new models.

But who would even want to keepsake the new capes lmao? But seriously, I see your point, and it is 100% valid.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

They should just get rid of the front flap things completely.Also... If they're going to give people free overrides on SGS for the old skillcape models, then they should also give us free overrides for the new models.

I have no idea why everyone voted for the tassel option. One of the only things shown as advertised and people hate it.

I would have been very upset if they'd removed the tassels. Tassels are the single most defining characteristic of the skillcape's visual design. No other cape has them.

Then they went ahead and kept the tassels but made them no longer match the cape, which is...just...ugh.

So now they're probably just going to bring back the old model, breast-clipping and all. Bloody Jagex.

To be fair, there aren't as many bots as there used to be. 

Disclaimer: The above statement is intentioned to mock Jagex's "well sure we screwed up here, but look how great <UNRELATED SECTOR> is doing." I can't believe i have to put a disclaimer like this in here. R. I. P.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I hate the new skillcape looks, in HD and in LD. Even the inventory icons look absolutely horrible now.

They shouldn't have gone "fixing" what wasn't really broken...

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

I hate the new skillcape looks, in HD and in LD. Even the inventory icons look absolutely horrible now.

But *we* voted for it.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

But *we* voted for it.

Speaking of voting...

So far it looks like Tip.It is not a huge fan of the new designs.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I am quite annoyed at the Questival, especially regarding the new title. Here is my opinion about it and is copied over from Reddit:

Would it not make more sense to give everyone a The [ultimate] Quester title that has achieved the QPC, instead of having a competition where over 15k players [accounts] have the QPC (which is a lot of players), who could not do this competition and instead need to build up a whole new account in a matter of days, getting the skill levels and items to complete the quest. It's such little preparation time that hardly justifies your justification on the possibility that if this alternate account wins, the title can be moved to the main. There is a lot of controversy with this issue and you need to address it properly.

Mod JD responded to it with the following:

Hi - we won't be answering Questival-related questions in this AMAA - it's all about the history of questing, and production of quests.

We're also changing the title for the competition from 'Ultimate Quester' to 'Questival King/Queen' - thanks for your feedback on this.

The aim of the competition is to encourage people to quest more, to have fun in a competitive environment, and for all those who have already completed quests, to give them an incentive to play them again if they've wanted to for a long time.

As we can't feasibly offer replayable quests, we believed it was the best solution to offer both experienced questers and new questers.

Also, if you've completed all the quests already, you'll be an expert - you'll know how to complete them, as well as which quests to do to be able to unlock further quests to allow you to build up your quest points score. So your knowledge we hope would counteract new questers being possibly able to access more quests at the start of the competition.

Which I responded on again just now:

Except that this is a fallacy. Like someone else said already, the competition is about completing quest in an X-period of time. This inevitably leads to speedrunning the quests. If you want to have an equal playing field for those of us (we are with 15,000 mind you) who have completed all quests, you need to call this off and have a competition in which this huge group of people isn't affected. This includes a huge number of Completionist players (myself included) which, I am sure, are pissed off as well.

One solution I could think of is a threshold based system for the quest Broken Homes as it can be replayed. Complete it under 20 minutes (example) and be awarded the title or something. Just an idea out there to offer a solution.

On the note of being masters of quests: why not award us the title then? Surely as masters of quest, being soo devoted to it, we surely qualify as Questival King/Queen? Furthermore we are handicapped in needing to train an account quite a lot to access the majority of the quests, let alone getting the items/gear to do the bosses and fulfill the tasks. Of course if you gave this notion a bit earlier like 2 months ago at least, I could understand giving such a solution. But with little time till this competition, it is a punishment, a slap in the face to faithful questers.

Next to it, you say we are more knowledgeful on the quests, but that is not true for those who are in the possession of the cape for quite some time, I myself for about 3 years. It is hard to remember how things went from something that happened over 3 years ago. On top of that, massive changes happened like for example EoC which made some quest bosses trickier to do such as Sigmund.

In essence, I urge you to rethink this competition. Many people are affected, at least 15,000 players and on top of that also players who are quite close to completing all quests.

P.S. Also new accounts means more costs for us to pay membership on whether this is through bonds or RL money, it costs us something, initially. So investing in something with the possibility of not even being rewarded for the effort. This is another valid argument.

So I urge everyone to speak up about this issue in an attempt to get them to change their mind on this competition. Mainly because it is not an even playing field.

• Like 3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Well, I don't even bother anymore with that kind of crap they're throwing at us. The only ones that win this title are high levelled players that never bothered with lore or quests and are now rushing through them for the title. That's not what quests are for. Quests are there to entertain you, tell a story, immerse yourself in the world, none of this Questival nonsense.

EDITED TO NORMAL ENGLISH

• Like 1

It is not just about the title itself. It is more about the principle, the process.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I was talking about this with a clan mate last night as I'd not really been following it at all since I have done all quests but I was rather disappointed with their plans for it. In my opinion they should have had two colours of the title, one for those who had or gained their QPC during the Questival and the other for whatever the competition is they're doing.

However changing the title also works.

Don't understand why people are getting so worked up about it though, it's only a title. Most "competitive" titles aren't on a level playing field because they rule out anyone with a full time job or in full time education.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

It's too bad we can't have a good contest anymore without it turning into an entitlement issue. Sadly this is neither the first nor the last competition which is "fair." It's not really testing your questing prowess if you're regurgitating steps from memory to complete the quests on a fresh account. By the way, what are they planning to do if a whole bunch of people tie for most quest points? Since quest points is an integer from 1 up to ?? I could easily see a whole bunch of people tying it if enough participate  :wacko: .

Edit: also, since it's just quest points, couldn't you go up until the last step and just complete a whole bunch of quests immediately after the weekend starts?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It is not just about the title itself. It is more about the principle, the process.

I think the principle is fine. People make new accounts, they buy membership and Jagex makes more money.

I see it more as a "speedrun" than anything, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

The idea of doing a quest speedrun is okay, but the fact that the rhetoric used to explain it is that it's supposed to be a competition for everyone doesn't make sense when not everyone can participate.

It doesn't mean there'd be no complaining if they simply explained it as a newbie account quest speed run challenge, but it hardly incentivizes people to do quests like they're claiming nor is it a fair challenge. plus then it'd be crystal clear that they're just using it as a way to make people create new accounts to get another month's worth of membership from them and boy, can't have that

• Like 3

hzvjpwS.gif

The idea of doing a quest speedrun is okay, but the fact that the rhetoric used to explain it is that it's supposed to be a competition for everyone doesn't make sense when not everyone can participate.

It doesn't mean there'd be no complaining if they simply explained it as a newbie account quest speed run challenge, but it hardly incentivizes people to do quests like they're claiming nor is it a fair challenge. plus then it'd be crystal clear that they're just using it as a way to make people create new accounts to get another month's worth of membership from them and boy, can't have that

I'm sure that it's partially to boost account creation for Jagex's next Guinness Book record.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I assume that if people tie in points, they're gonna go by total time spent in the quests. However, if they really wanted it to make sense, they'd force everybody to start a new account, and add another designation in the hardcore menu for the competition. I'd allow signups in advance and then make it so that those accounts can't log in until the competition starts.

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

I was talking about this with a clan mate last night as I'd not really been following it at all since I have done all quests but I was rather disappointed with their plans for it. In my opinion they should have had two colours of the title, one for those who had or gained their QPC during the Questival and the other for whatever the competition is they're doing.

Don't understand why people are getting so worked up about it though, it's only a title. Most "competitive" titles aren't on a level playing field because they rule out anyone with a full time job or in full time education.

Quests aren't competitive content. They shouldn't have a competitive title. I understand that some players dislike quests and will rush them, however Jagex should not be rewarding and encouraging people to rush through them that might otherwise have actually read through and enjoyed them.

• Like 6

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Quests aren't competitive content. They shouldn't have a competitive title. I understand that some players dislike quests and will rush them, however Jagex should not be rewarding and encouraging people to rush through them that might otherwise have actually read through and enjoyed them.

And that is actually the principle I meant.

Account Help

There is a new strawpoll out regarding the debated issue: http://strawpoll.me/3905809

Account Help