Should there be a RuneScape live-action movie?

Blaze The Movie Fan

I personally don't think there should for a few reasons:

1. Movies based on video games are almost guaranteed to suck. Super Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and all the resident evil movies are perfect examples of this.
  2. What is done in the game all depends on the player. Yeah, most quests follow a story that every player has to follow, and they have no choice but to say what's programmed for everyone to say. But for outside quests, what's done in the game totally depends on what the person playing the game chooses.

Yeah, I really don't think a live-action RuneScape movie should ever be made, what do you guys think?

Maybe if the game had an actual budget...?

Well, there are thousands and thousands of people who pay for membership monthly. I'm sure Jagex could afford making the movie if they wanted to.

But it really wouldn't work since what someone does in the game depends on the person playing, and there are trillions of things to do in the game.

Eh that depends on the direction of movie itself. As stated above, there are some quest lines that could be turned into good movies.. If done correctly of course.

UwQmifu.png

Lol have the actual JMods as the actors!

Runescape: While Guthix Sleep, featuring Mod Mark as the player character! In theaters starting April 1st.

Or you have a Power to the Players poll in-game to let people choose which JMod should be the actor, that couldn't possibly go wrong.

They already made a bunch of movies after the RuneScape's Camelot storyline tho, where did you think all the solomon's money went to? :ph34r:

I think TIF should band together and make an in-game film though, just because..

This is a project you can perhaps ask the staff if they want to do for the upcoming runefest.

There's usually at least 1-3 tip.iters who go to runefest, staff included. Have a site contest to write a short script. Ask the community who is attending if they'll re-enact it (poorly). Record using a potato phone or camera. Edit crappily in Windows Movie Maker. Submit to Jmods post-runefest.

Enjoy the karma fame groans and eye-rolls.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

But Camelot in RuneScape is based on the English legend, I'm sure these movies have no relevance to the one in RuneScape, but are instead based on camelot in England.

The English legend is based on RuneScape. Trust me we studied it in school. This is how I found out about RS and started playing the game. How could I not play a game powerful enough to start real life legends!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the issue with the movie:

The movie starts out with a big puff of smoke surrounding the camera, quickly dissipating until it is clear that there is person on the screen. A player, named XX DEATHKILLER XX, who is a non-famous (non twitch streaming) Monster hunter, who is a HCIM account. Well, though some horrid twist of fate, he is assigned to kill The Vorago by Frank, while Death is away on the Quest - even though he did not have group assignments checked.

Woe is he - for when Death returns, he states he is unable to offer a refund, and all tasks given by the previous task-giver (Frank) are still valid, and final. So XX DEATHKILLER XX, a lonely noob who's never had more than 400k at a time - becomes determined to fight The Vorago - or die trying. The story starts out in Draynor Village: just outside Death's portal, (a place XX DEATHKILLER XX may very well soon call home)  XX DEATHKILLER XX mopes his way through that lonely village, cursing the Gods for giving him this luck. Out of the corner of his eye, he spots something. What's that he sees in a far away field? Hmm. It's gone now - but for a moment there was a twinkle. Concerned, he mumurs to himself  "dafuq was dat? topkek" and turns toward it to investigate. Excitedly he runs 62% of the way to the spot before he abruptly stops running, and starts walking while staring very intently at the plot of land. Every few steps he begins to run again, only to stop and resume walking.

He reaches the piece of land to see a chunk of metal sticking out of the ground. Excitedly, he bends down and with his bare hands, right-clicks and digs the piece of metal out. He then investigates it, to find it is an Armadyl Godsword! But where did this sword come from? Perhaps it was thrown from the Armadyl Vs. Bandos battle - or even more likely - perhaps there is another dungeon underground that contains massive [bleep]ing birds of flight! Because those things exist!

As ideas race through his head of the origin of such a blade, and how he could use it to kill The Vorago, he places the sword on the ground, so that he may offer a prayer to his god Phastaeckspee, for this glorious discovery. He begins the sacred prayer

"ty god for these dank memes

bc m8 this f8 is 2 gr8, i cantw8

to kill vorago and--"

As he begins the final line of his prayer a great freezing wind blows through the land, freezing him solid, at least momentarily. He tries to move but alas this cursed paralysis of the Earth has decided he shant move.

But the longer he stays frozen, the more the world starts to fade away. Frantically he tries to grab the godsword but it is in vain. The world is getting darker and he fears it is the end. All noises of animals and pvm'ing and dicing suddenly come to a halt. The final thing his now wasted eyes make out are great large runes with writing in the sky, because he can read. And they state:

KahnEcktshun Lahst

Pleiese Waiyt - Atteimpting tou Rei-Eistahbleisch

His feeble mind weakened, he loses all hope to ever even attempt to understand what those mysterious runes mean - or why he - of all players, should have this happen.

The camera pans over the greyscale landscape, and though the empty silence of the land, a whisper can be heard:

"ffs"

And everything goes dark - our player gone, without a trace.

The movie then cuts to the credits, while the moviegoers cut to the Gun shop,  gear up, and storm Jagex Towers.

I really don't see how they could make an authentic RS movie without the following:

*Disconnecting in the middle of the most dramatic scenes

*The script is written where at least one word in each paragraph rhymes with m8

*The main character uses Warbands for whatever challenge he may face - even The Vorago

*Everyone is wearing cat costumes

*The main character champions challenge after challenge only to loot the great monsters chest and find bundles upon bundles of Flax notes - redeemable at the nearest bank.

I mean, even if XX DEATHKILLER XX did succeed, and by proxy the movie as well succeeded, Jagex's Public Image would then plummet even further when they're accused of creating unrealistic standards of beauty for Runescape players by giving the role to like Robert Downey Jr.

I can see it now: people gathering in Parking Lot space 66 outside of Jagex HQ "hey m8s, why b8, when all sizes r gr8!" 

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Excitedly he runs 62% of the way to the spot before he abruptly stops running, and starts walking while staring very intently at the plot of land. Every few steps he begins to run again, only to stop and resume walking.

I died

• Like 1