Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dimension of Disaster – 200th Quest

Update

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

cowmaster187
[ Display Name History ]

cowmaster187

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:legoman187
  • Clan:Serenity Isle

Do you keep the progress in your tasks when you reset?

For instance do i need to reset to be able to get the last 3 chests i need?

or are there 50 that are accessible regardless of which gang you joined?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

Do you keep the progress in your tasks when you reset?

For instance do i need to reset to be able to get the last 3 chests i need?

or are there 50 that are accessible regardless of which gang you joined?

~~~legoman187~~~

Ok, so you don't need to reset to get all chests. Each gang has the same number of chests and they're linked, so if you open one the other will also be open if you go through next time. Also, resetting the quest lets you keep all your items and task completion. So if you shoo one cat, that cat will remain shoo'd and if you open a chest it remains open.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

cowmaster187
[ Display Name History ]

cowmaster187

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • RSN:legoman187
  • Clan:Serenity Isle

Hmm ok thanks, I guess i am missing 2 chests then

EDIT: can confirm what helring said. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
So somebody has opened the Mystery Gift.

As expected, it's Chromatic partyhat.

Except it's literally sitting upside-down on your head.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

Do overrides count for the Demon Slayer/Castle portions? That would have been handy to know way sooner.

Keeping the coloured mists, decoder strips and code key on me, as well as some fire, earth, cosmic and nature runes.

Yeah they do

With the Agrith shrotcut you seem to be able to skip all fighting you do as actual you as well, which eases need for inventory items.

I worked out so far you need:

Lockpick or Keycode

Vial of Blood

2 Vials Red Mist

Vial Orange

Vial Purple

3 Tin

4 Fire runes

1 Nature Rune

Ring of Life

Cabbage

Rotten Tomato

Beer

Decoder

Black Mushroom

Hair of Dog and Sacred Oil and Dwellberries need to be picked up each run through.

10-12 raw meat might be doable on invent, not worked it out.

I'm told that the code doesn't change each runthrough, so you may not need the decoder strips.

Edit: Actually that'd mean you don't need the tin/tin head/superheat runes either, wouldn't it?

Edited by Sorator, 23 March 2015 - 09:57 PM.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

Not really a spoiler but w/e I hate you

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

tgf
[ Display Name History ]

tgf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • RSN:[bleep]
  • RSN2:Fails at RS
  • Clan:Primishy

Prefer abyssals now lol

why not already preferred???

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Wiki has a map of all chest locations.

Who wants to bet that the new varrock armour smelting effect doesnt work for golem outfit?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

I hate redoing quests as a game mechanic. It's basically made quests into pseudo-skills/grinding. That's not the point of quests.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

Replay inventory notes:

Replay speed notes:

Other notes:

(whoever winds up writing the guide for Tip.It can absolutely feel free to use this info, maybe as a skeleton outline for the guide; I'd appreciate a credit if you do.)

Edited by Sorator, 24 March 2015 - 04:04 AM.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Missed a chest. RQ life.

However someone free loaned t20 so that was hot.

Quest is decent, frustrating, but decent 

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

There are some people in world 79 near west bank currently lending t20s for the elite achievment. There is a line. Felt like queuing at the DMV for a comp cape license.  -_-

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

There are some people in world 79 near west bank currently lending t20s for the elite achievment. There is a line. Felt like queuing at the DMV for a comp cape license.  -_-

Probably the same guy who lent to me. Pretty chuffed about people lending instead of trying to sell for 200k fakecoins :')

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

Wow [bleep]ing terrible rewards.

and lemmeshutthedoor on the inb4lore crowd. I am not doing 4 new quests. I am doing 4 quests that have already been done. RFD was a masterpiece. Before RFD, people used ice gloves for like everything, iirc?

Oh wow cool now I'll definitely use varrock armor for mining... rly jagex, rly.

rly

rly jagex?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ned
[ Display Name History ]

Ned

Neddybear

• Website Crew
  • 2,786 posts
  • RSN:Animamundi
  • RSN2:Concord
  • Clan:Loot Hunters
The replay mechanic was advertised as a cool feature, but after replaying three times it feels like excuse content - since they didn't make anything more than shortened, reskinned versions of the original four. Like hey, we realized that the quest(s) are actually pretty short and 70% copy-pasted, so you can replay them so the update seems bigger!

Rewards were unimaginative. XP lamps always scream we-couldn't-think-of-anything to me. Tasks set rewards useless. Cosmetics, except for Arrav, pretty bad (oh yay I can't wait to show off my cool black priest gown replacements to people). Darklight reward is the only thing that grabbed my attention as being "worth it."

Would've been more interesting (and obvious...I thought) to have Dimension gear and/or weapons a la RFD gloves/kitchen weapons.
Would've also liked to see a more diverse pathway to obtaining the chromatic party hat rather than grindscape slap-on requirement of 200k. Granted, it isn't as long to obtain as other things in RS.

On the plus side, however... The most fun I had with the new dimension was exploring the environment unrelated to the quests - funny easter eggs and clever dialogues with Pauline Polaris, seeing Solomon in the bottle, et cetera. They did that humor immersion stuff very well. Tiny Zemo was really cute and funny. Other random things like the titles of the books in the bookcases were well done. They should keep that up. Quest dialogues making fun of themselves were enjoyable.
Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts

and lemmeshutthedoor on the inb4lore crowd. I am not doing 4 new quests. I am doing 4 quests that have already been done. RFD was a masterpiece. Before RFD, people used ice gloves for like everything, iirc?

rly

rly jagex?

We used klank's gauntlets or the family crest gauntlets before RFD

77yLQy8.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

On the plus side, however... The most fun I had with the new dimension was exploring the environment unrelated to the quests - funny easter eggs and clever dialogues with Pauline Polaris, seeing Solomon in the bottle, et cetera. They did that humor immersion stuff very well. Tiny Zemo was really cute and funny. Other random things like the titles of the books in the bookcases were well done. They should keep that up. Quest dialogues making fun of themselves were enjoyable.

I'm starting to think that Jagex just does better with parody and small-scale personal drama than high fantasy epics. Whoever wrote this thing was clearly having fun with it and, for me at least, the dialogue more than made up for the underwhelming rewards and mechanics (seriously, that Zemouregal fight was just... Bleh).

Also that override for Arrav's sword is beautiful.

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

rly

rly jagex?

We used klank's gauntlets or the family crest gauntlets before RFD

OH YEAH.

I remember now...

Well anyways, this quest is all worth it because of Pauline got locked up for her crimes against humanity. I stood there for like 15 minutes, just like, gloating. From afar.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

Ha, yeah I loved the cat based lovecraftian sidequest. Fitting in more than one sense, since cats feature prominently in lovecraft's own stories.

That is not dead which can eternal meow, and with strange eons even death may die nine times

Kek'd heartily at that one.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Just Recomped, so the nightmare is over. Took me two tries to get it all done.

A few thoughts:

-Lame rewards for a supposedly landmark quest

-Replayability for quests is bad and tedious

-Nothing like RFD, which it is supposedly be to be modeled after. RFD was well written, had a good plot, was exciting, had interesting boss fights, and a host of supremely useful and fitting rewards.

-Had various things in it which are meant only to troll players, and if you aren't super careful, you could find yourself having to repeat the quest several times. It actually punishes early bird players - the people who waited, and got the down low from all their friends were able to avoid having to do numerous replays.

Totally fail quest.

I actually like quests, or used to, but this one and the needlessly annoying puzzle during the last one have started to change my mind on these things.

P.S. Also, Tim is a godsend, walked me through a bunch of this stuff, unsolicited.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users