Dimension of Disaster – 200th Quest

Leik

Dimension of Disaster – 200th Quest

RuneScape's 200th quest is here today and yours to play. Venture forth right now, and enter the Dimension of Disaster!

New Varrock is capital of an alternate reality, where heroes are in short supply andZemouregal presides over a nation of the undead.

Cross dimensions and explore this strange new city: the dark heart of a Gielinor that could have been. Build up the cash and gear you need to complete five sub-quests, then finally face the necromancer himself.

Read on for full details of this huge, multi-part quest – and join us in celebrating this epic RuneScape milestone!

How to Start Dimension of Disaster:

Speak to Gypsy Aris in Varrock

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member

Requirements for the sub-quests:

Shield of Arrav | Shadow of the Storm

Defender of Varrock | The Curse of Arrav

Helpful:

Mid-to-high-level Crafting, Smithing and Thieving

Once you've spoken to Gypsy Aris and stepped through the portal, it's time to take a look around.

New Varrock bears many similarities to the city you know so well, but a dearth of heroism has left it looking considerably different.

New_Varrock.jpg

Your goal is to complete all four of the sub-quests found throughout the city. Check the map for start locations. For three of these, you must have completed its equivalent quest in Gielinor proper. The exception is the New Varrock version of Demon Slayer, which requires Shadow of the Storm.

You can't take any gear through the portal with you, so you'll need to tool up once you're there. Use your skills and combat prowess to make money (a currency called 'zemomarks') and obtain equipment – by making it, or buying it from the shops.

Activities to consider include:

• Looting treasure chests (requires lockpick)
  • Completing New Varrock Tasks (Talk to Tiny Zemouregal in New Varrock Square)
  • Killing or pickpocketing New Varrock citizens
  • Killing New Varrock guards
  • Selling items to shops
  • Completing sub-quests (some award zemomarks)
  • Trading with other players (note that there is no Grand Exchange in New Varrock)
Note that your worn inventory and backpack contents are saved if you leave New Varrock – even if you're repeating the quest.

Beyond that, it's down to you. Get stuck in, explore, and have fun discovering New Varrock's secrets for yourselves!

Rewards and Post-Quest Content

Completing the sub-quests awards you with XP in a wide range of skills. Some also give you zemomarks or other useful items.

The New Varrock Tasks have some sweet rewards too, including increased zemomarks for completing New Varrock's Curse of Arrav, and upgrades at each tier for the Varrock Task Set armour.

Dimensions of Disaster is RuneScape's second replayable quest. Once you finish it by completing the five sub-quests and speaking to Aris back in Varrock, you'll unlock a reward shop and the option to reset the quest. Remember that you'll keep your hard-won New Varrock items, even across quest resets.

Note that you'll only get XP and quest points on your first run through. All other rewards are given each time, though.

The reward shop accepts only silver pennies. You'll obtain some of these for completing Dimension of Disaster the first time, and with each repetition.

First up among the reward on offer is an upgrade to Darklight, increasing its damage, accuracy and special attack bonuses against demons. If you've unlocked the Quicker Killing Blows passive with slayer points, Darklight will also function as a rock hammer.

There are also cosmetic overrides related to the quest – some of which function as useful disguises for future playthroughs. There's also a Tiny Zemouregal bobblehead pet, passives which can speed up future runs through the quest, and a weekly XP lamp (which can be improved with the New Varrock Tasks).

Enjoy!

Completing the 200th quest is an epic endeavour, and there's plenty to see and do in the city of New Varrock. We recommend taking your time, and soaking up the sights.

Dimension of Disaster is a celebration of RuneScape questing, and it's jam-packed with nostalgic nods, jokes and Easter eggs. We hope you'll have as much fun discovering them as we did making them.

Enjoy, and here's to 200 more quests! Head over to the forums to join in the discussion.

The RuneScape 'Guardians' Team

Solomon's Store – Arrav Outfit

Adopt some New Varrock chic with the Arrav outfit – a gloriously ghoulish tribute to the undead warrior.

This five-piece outfit adds a dash of posthumous panache to any wardrobe.

Note that this outfit allows you to adopt Arrav's appearance, and is different from the various Arrav-related overrides unlockable after completing Dimension for Disaster, which resemble Arrav's gear, as worn by the player.

Purchasing this pack and unlocking all of the Arrav quest overrides will grant you an upgraded version of the Solomon's Store outfit: the Cursed Arrav outfit, complete with additional one-handed sword and shield overrides!

arrav_outfit.jpg

cursed_arrav_outfit.jpg

Get the Arrav outfit from Solomon's Store! You can purchase RuneCoins via the website, or redeem Bonds in-game.

In Other News

• A number of updates have been made to existing content related to Dimension of Disaster:
    • Silverlight and Darklight have been graphically updated.
    • The Shield of Arrav has been graphically updated.
    • Silverlight's and Darklight's bonuses now affect more types of demons, including imps, waterfiends, gargoyles, hellhounds, demon spawn, blood reavers, Kal'gerion demons, nechryael, waterfiends and icefiends.
    • Decoder strips can now be dragged and dropped in interface during Curse of Arrav and Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
    • Denath's cultists in Demon Slayer are now wearing a new robe design.
    • The Varrock newspaper has been updated.
    • Resetting Defender of Varrock and Curse of Arrav by speaking to Nastroth will also reset progress in Dimension of Disaster.
  • The Community Team will be showcasing the 200th quest in all its glory this evening. Tune into our Twitch channel between 18:00 and 19:00 UTC (game time) to watch, and to find out how you can get involved in Questival this week!

[hide=Patch Notes]

The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.[/size]

As always, be sure to submit a [/size]bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.[/size]

Graphical:

• An old medium-level Treasure Trail map has been updated to reflect changes made to the area in the past.
  • The Dark Lord Runecrafting override will now work for combination runes.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• The 'Malevolent' dropdown option in Smithing Make-X windows will now open the correct menu.

Other:

• Players will no longer appear to be using a special attack from a distance while using a God book.
  • Devotion will now correctly add time if the player kills enemies which aren't their main target.
  • An issue in which harmonic dust could be gathered from Ithell harps faster than intended has been fixed.

Ninja Fixes:

• Player-owned house servants now remember the 'take my money' settings across sessions.
  • Players can now toggle which abilities they can see depending on which are available to use.
  • The stick in the Werewolf Agility Course is now easier to see.

[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I personally think this quest is either going to be spectacular... Or a spectacular flop. There is no in between.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

gM9H0.jpg

That new login screen though. Charming.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I like the login screen, nice touch. Now time to read through patches and see if there's anything useful...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I love how they haven't mentioned how much is it boosted.

How much what's been boosted, Silverlight/Darklight? Probably the same amount as it was previously, just extended to a larger class of monsters now. :)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I love how they haven't mentioned how much is it boosted.

How much what's been boosted, Silverlight/Darklight? Probably the same amount as it was previously, just extended to a larger class of monsters now. :)

2987043ae7.png

Not totally sure how to translate that but that's from the official wiki which was updated for this quest.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Darklight

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Prefer abyssals now lol

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

The only thing I'm stuck on:

Where do we get the stuff for the Steel, Stud or Silk Salute Task?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Apparently farming the guards.

I was afraid of that -.-

I'm trying to suss out what items to keep on me at the very end to make speed running it feasible.

Part of that will be seeing wtf the demon slayer and curse of arrav shortcut perks do.

Plus weighing the usefulness of the zombie and cultist override vs items.

Atm I'm thinking zombie override + keep cultist robes will be more efficient than trying to switch between 2 override sets.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Do overrides count for the Demon Slayer/Castle portions? That would have been handy to know way sooner.

Keeping the coloured mists, decoder strips and code key on me, as well as some fire, earth, cosmic and nature runes.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Do overrides count for the Demon Slayer/Castle portions? That would have been handy to know way sooner.

Keeping the coloured mists, decoder strips and code key on me, as well as some fire, earth, cosmic and nature runes.

Yeah they do

With the Agrith shrotcut you seem to be able to skip all fighting you do as actual you as well, which eases need for inventory items.

I worked out so far you need:

Lockpick or Keycode

Vial of Blood

2 Vials Red Mist

Vial Orange

Vial Purple

3 Tin

4 Fire runes

1 Nature Rune

Ring of Life

Cabbage

Rotten Tomato

Beer

Decoder

Black Mushroom

Hair of Dog and Sacred Oil and Dwellberries need to be picked up each run through.

10-12 raw meat might be doable on invent, not worked it out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Do you keep the progress in your tasks when you reset?

For instance do i need to reset to be able to get the last 3 chests i need?

or are there 50 that are accessible regardless of which gang you joined?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Do you keep the progress in your tasks when you reset?

For instance do i need to reset to be able to get the last 3 chests i need?

or are there 50 that are accessible regardless of which gang you joined?

~~~legoman187~~~

Ok, so you don't need to reset to get all chests. Each gang has the same number of chests and they're linked, so if you open one the other will also be open if you go through next time. Also, resetting the quest lets you keep all your items and task completion. So if you shoo one cat, that cat will remain shoo'd and if you open a chest it remains open.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Hmm ok thanks, I guess i am missing 2 chests then

EDIT: can confirm what helring said. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Yeah they do

With the Agrith shrotcut you seem to be able to skip all fighting you do as actual you as well, which eases need for inventory items.

I worked out so far you need:

Lockpick or Keycode

Vial of Blood

2 Vials Red Mist

Vial Orange

Vial Purple

3 Tin

4 Fire runes

1 Nature Rune

Ring of Life

Cabbage

Rotten Tomato

Beer

Decoder

Black Mushroom

Hair of Dog and Sacred Oil and Dwellberries need to be picked up each run through.

10-12 raw meat might be doable on invent, not worked it out.

I'm told that the code doesn't change each runthrough, so you may not need the decoder strips.

Edit: Actually that'd mean you don't need the tin/tin head/superheat runes either, wouldn't it?

Edited by Sorator

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg