Dimension of Disaster – 200th Quest

Leik

Wiki has a map of all chest locations.

Who wants to bet that the new varrock armour smelting effect doesnt work for golem outfit?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Replay inventory notes:

So yeah, if you write down your codes, you don't need the stuff to get the codes. The prayer order for Father Lawrence is also always the same for everyone, too.

Thus, you need:

• Weapon of choice (and optionally armor)

• Mith crossbow and grapple

• lockpick

• one vial red & purple mist (you don't actually need the orange)

• cabbage, rotten tomato, hair of dog (for sober potion), beer

• silverlight, black mushroom

• cultist outfit OR override

• vial of blood

• zombie outfit OR override

• ring of life, 11 raw undead beef

• dwellberries, sacred oil

• canopic jar/vault key/prepared canopic jar, tiny key/Shield of Arrav, Darklight

(items that you can keep and use indefinitely are bolded; items that you must reobtain each run are italicized; normal text items are used up during the quest but can be reobtained before ending and carried through reset if desired)

Using the sober potion on the beer (and later, using sacred oil on the canopic jar) gives you an empty vial which you can then fill with blood for Delrith. Delrith takes the vial when you draw the blood circle.

You probably should use the diamonds from the chests to make rings of life for your replays, before making diamond stuff to sell to the gen store for more zmarks, because the gem shops restocks rather slowly.

You can use wardrobe preset slots to switch between your normal setup and the two sets for the quest, or you can wear one of the outfits and use an override for the other. You don't really need armor for replays, assuming you bought the two shortcuts after your first runthrough (but you do need a weapon for a few bits).

Replay speed notes:

You can skip some dialogue with the relevant options. The gypsy has a few of these when you first start the quest ("1. Ugh, we've been through this already" then later "2. Skip it")

You must talk to Image of Zemo to finish Coin of the Realm quest; skip some with "3. Get to the point" at first chance. Upon getting quest complete for that, you can walk away and ignore the rest of his dialogue

You also can save some run time by doing Shield of Arrav and Demon Slayer at the same time:

•  

• Talk to the gypsy to start Demon Slayer

• Head to the museum and talk to Orlando to start Shield of Arrav. Keep talking to him until you tell him where the gang hideouts are.

• Talk to Sir Prysin and search his drain for the key, unlock the trapdoor, then head to the Gypsy for the spirit measure.

• Head to the Blue Moon Inn and talk to Dr. Harlow; grab a beer, cabbage, rotten tomato, dog hair

• Talk to the Apothecary to get a sober potion, use it on the beer.

• Talk to Katrine

• Give Dr Harlow the drugged beer, click the spirit, then kill a zombie.

• Fight Johnny for his arm.

• Talk to Katrine. Once you hand over the arm, click her again and hit "1. I want to join the Black Arm Gang," press Yes, then click the door to the hideout.

• Head to the West Bank and claim the shield half

• Click the tombstone stack north of the West Bank, click the spirit, press spacebar, take a step in either direction, click the spirit again, spacebar till you get the cutscene.

• Head to the East Bank, go upstairs, and claim the shield half. Use the halves on each other to make the shield.

• Give the shield to Orlando at the museum. Fill your empty vial with blood while you're running by the fountain.

• Search the moving bookcase and kill the animated book that spawns.

• Click the Spirit of the Mind, spacebar until you have options, choose 4, 3, 4, 4, 4.

• Go get Silverlight

• Equip your black robes/override, grab a black mushroom and use it on Silverlight. Equip Silverlight

• Talk to Evil Dave, pass the barrier, talk to Delrith and Agrith-Naar until you have the skip-fight option

• Talk to the Gypsy to finish Demon Slayer.

Defender of Varrock:

The book you need in the library is always in the same place. (Northwest bookshelf for me, not sure if it's the same for everyone.)

If you have the code from your first run-through written down (the numbers, not the letters), you can go straight to the prism safe once Reldo sends you upstairs.

The code interface always stays on the last number you used, including both code interfaces (so the last number from your CoA code is what it'll start on here). Knowing this and counting your clicks saves some time, as you don't need to wait for the "you don't have decoder strips" interface to fade before entering numbers. Alternatively, keep some decoder strips in your inventory.

Curse of Arrav:

You can cook the 11 undead (cow) meat on a range, or you can cut some logs and cook on a fire. Either works. Drop or sell the meat when you're done, unless you plan on killing some guards or sommat.

Turn on Ult Strength, Eagle Eye, Rapid Restore, and Prot Summ prayers before talking to Father Lawrence to skip some dialogue. Click him, spacebar till it exits, then click him again, then click Mystic Might and click him again to get the oil. (You have to get the canopic jar from Ernie before you can get the sacred oil from Father Lawrence.)

You can't get the footlocker/vault key until you've talked to Arrav while holding the prepared canopic jar.

Again, if you wrote down the codes, you can skip some steps. This time the code interface start with the last number of your DoV code.

You don't need to wait for Orlando to move to pickpocket the curator and steal the shield; just making the statue shake is enough.

Once you hand over the sword and shield to Arrav, you can click the thone room door; you don't need the rest of his dialogue. You cannot skip the cutscene of Arrav walking to the gargoyle, or of Arrav collapsing after the fight. You don't need to pick up the health orb from the gargoyle if you're going to skip the Zemo fight.

You could definitely do a full replay in <30min if you concentrated.

Other notes:

If you have an active decorated cooking urn in the overworld, you'll have to use it up/destroy it before you can fill the one for DoD: Curse of Arrav.

Teleporting the urn in CoA can be a touch buggy; be sure to let the teleport animation finish before talking to Ernie.

The shortcuts skip only that specific boss fight - you still have to go through dialogue with Delrith and draw the blood circle for Demon Slayer, and you still have to fight the gargoyle for Curse of Arrav.

You cannot skip the final cutscene with the Esc button; this just spits you back out into normal Varrock, and the cutscene restarts when you re-enter the portal. And can crash your game (mine died at the end of the cutscene after I re-entered. Whoops. Logged back in and I was in normal Varrock, portal was gone, talked to the Gypsy and finished the replay just fine.)

You need 4 replays to get all the rewards from the Gypsy's shop, including one lamp. (10 pennies first run, 5 pennies each thereafter; need 30 pennies for every reward, including one lamp.) That was with all the tasks done, which may or may not impact it.

You get 1600 zmarks from doing a full replay of the quests if you've done the Elite tasks, but you spend 4 in the process (two for beer, two for something else, forget what), for a net gain of 1596 per run. Obviously you can increase this by buying gems, making bracelets, and selling them to the general store during your run - just be sure you have enough rings of life before selling your diamonds!

Buying the Darklight upgrade reward does not impact the stats of Darklight within New Varrock.

(whoever winds up writing the guide for Tip.It can absolutely feel free to use this info, maybe as a skeleton outline for the guide; I'd appreciate a credit if you do.)

Edited by Sorator

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Missed a chest. RQ life.

However someone free loaned t20 so that was hot.

Quest is decent, frustrating, but decent 

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

There are some people in world 79 near west bank currently lending t20s for the elite achievment. There is a line. Felt like queuing at the DMV for a comp cape license.  -_-

Probably the same guy who lent to me. Pretty chuffed about people lending instead of trying to sell for 200k fakecoins :')

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Wow [bleep]ing terrible rewards.

and lemmeshutthedoor on the inb4lore crowd. I am not doing 4 new quests. I am doing 4 quests that have already been done. RFD was a masterpiece. Before RFD, people used ice gloves for like everything, iirc?

Oh wow cool now I'll definitely use varrock armor for mining... rly jagex, rly.

rly

rly jagex?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The replay mechanic was advertised as a cool feature, but after replaying three times it feels like excuse content - since they didn't make anything more than shortened, reskinned versions of the original four. Like hey, we realized that the quest(s) are actually pretty short and 70% copy-pasted, so you can replay them so the update seems bigger!

Rewards were unimaginative. XP lamps always scream we-couldn't-think-of-anything to me. Tasks set rewards useless. Cosmetics, except for Arrav, pretty bad (oh yay I can't wait to show off my cool black priest gown replacements to people). Darklight reward is the only thing that grabbed my attention as being "worth it."

Would've been more interesting (and obvious...I thought) to have Dimension gear and/or weapons a la RFD gloves/kitchen weapons.

Would've also liked to see a more diverse pathway to obtaining the chromatic party hat rather than grindscape slap-on requirement of 200k. Granted, it isn't as long to obtain as other things in RS.

On the plus side, however... The most fun I had with the new dimension was exploring the environment unrelated to the quests - funny easter eggs and clever dialogues with Pauline Polaris, seeing Solomon in the bottle, et cetera. They did that humor immersion stuff very well. Tiny Zemo was really cute and funny. Other random things like the titles of the books in the bookcases were well done. They should keep that up. Quest dialogues making fun of themselves were enjoyable.

• Like 2

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

and lemmeshutthedoor on the inb4lore crowd. I am not doing 4 new quests. I am doing 4 quests that have already been done. RFD was a masterpiece. Before RFD, people used ice gloves for like everything, iirc?

rly

rly jagex?

We used klank's gauntlets or the family crest gauntlets before RFD

77yLQy8.png

On the plus side, however... The most fun I had with the new dimension was exploring the environment unrelated to the quests - funny easter eggs and clever dialogues with Pauline Polaris, seeing Solomon in the bottle, et cetera. They did that humor immersion stuff very well. Tiny Zemo was really cute and funny. Other random things like the titles of the books in the bookcases were well done. They should keep that up. Quest dialogues making fun of themselves were enjoyable.

I'm starting to think that Jagex just does better with parody and small-scale personal drama than high fantasy epics. Whoever wrote this thing was clearly having fun with it and, for me at least, the dialogue more than made up for the underwhelming rewards and mechanics (seriously, that Zemouregal fight was just... Bleh).

Also that override for Arrav's sword is beautiful.

• Like 2

rly

rly jagex?

We used klank's gauntlets or the family crest gauntlets before RFD

OH YEAH.

I remember now...

Well anyways, this quest is all worth it because of Pauline got locked up for her crimes against humanity. I stood there for like 15 minutes, just like, gloating. From afar.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ha, yeah I loved the cat based lovecraftian sidequest. Fitting in more than one sense, since cats feature prominently in lovecraft's own stories.

That is not dead which can eternal meow, and with strange eons even death may die nine times

Kek'd heartily at that one.

• Like 1

Just Recomped, so the nightmare is over. Took me two tries to get it all done.

A few thoughts:

-Lame rewards for a supposedly landmark quest

-Replayability for quests is bad and tedious

-Nothing like RFD, which it is supposedly be to be modeled after. RFD was well written, had a good plot, was exciting, had interesting boss fights, and a host of supremely useful and fitting rewards.

-Had various things in it which are meant only to troll players, and if you aren't super careful, you could find yourself having to repeat the quest several times. It actually punishes early bird players - the people who waited, and got the down low from all their friends were able to avoid having to do numerous replays.

Totally fail quest.

I actually like quests, or used to, but this one and the needlessly annoying puzzle during the last one have started to change my mind on these things.

P.S. Also, Tim is a godsend, walked me through a bunch of this stuff, unsolicited.

Been talking to Mod Rowley & Mod Stu. They said there is a 'fix' in QA at the moment regarding the difficulty of obtaining T20 gear in DoD. They are trying to hotfix whatever they can, but some of it requires an actual Game Update which will be on monday.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

^Thank jebus for that.

In my clan we had 3 clannies killing guards for 4 hours and came away with 1 set of the studded ranged armour that has since been shared around.

And that came from 2 coal drops to 1 guy, 1 stud drop to me and nothing for the 3rd.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The following chances are going to be in the game:

• Removing Lower-value drops from Guards (Hotfix)
  • Everyone gets a drop for helping w/ kill (Hotfix)
  • Putting Coal and Silk in shops (Unknown value, requires Game Update)

Hopefully the price wouldn't be too high :).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I loved the fun dialogue and examines and such. (Tiny Zemo is the best. Cats were excellent as well.) I'll admit, the corpses hanging on chains and heads in Zemo's bedroom was more grisly than I generally expect from Runescape.

Mechanics could've been better, but I'm pretty much okay with it. Could use less forced-replays; it got tiresome. Glad they're fiddling with the guard drops to make that less ridiculous.

Sink?

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I'd imagine she meant silk, seeing as we are talking about the t20 gear and the 3 options are Steel Armour, Studded Leather or Spidersilk Robes. The former two of which are readily obtainable after getting a bit of coal to produce steel and the later of which requires spidersilk.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I loved the fun dialogue and examines and such. (Tiny Zemo is the best. Cats were excellent as well.) I'll admit, the corpses hanging on chains and heads in Zemo's bedroom was more grisly than I generally expect from Runescape.

Mechanics could've been better, but I'm pretty much okay with it. Could use less forced-replays; it got tiresome. Glad they're fiddling with the guard drops to make that less ridiculous.

Sink?

They're putting everything and the kitchen sink in the stores.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Sink?

Fixed it, thanks.

Account Help