Easter Eggs-periments – Holiday Mini-Quest

Leik

Easter Eggs-periments – Holiday Mini-Quest

Easter Eggs-periments marks the return of the traditional holiday mini-quest. Free players and members alike will help the Easter Bunny clear out a factory full of troublesome imps...using some unorthodox methods.

Guthixian butterflies are back by popular demand, too, for regular and Ironman accounts alike.

Mini-quest and butterflies alike are available for two weeks – until the 13th of April.

Read on for full details!

How to Start

Speak to the Easter Bunny, just west of Port Sarim

Requirements

None

The Easter Bunny's back from his travels, but it's all gone terribly wrong while he's been away.

Imps have infested the bunny's chocolate factory, and they're refusing to leave until their leader gets what he wants: the jadinko pet of his dreams.

Using your combat, hunting or thieving skills – with a spot of dubious experimental science – you'll restore the factory to working order.

Note that the solution to the bunny's conundrum will differ between players. Good luck!

Just to egg you on...

Completing Easter Eggs-periments earns you some cracking rewards:

• Huge XP lamp
  • Jadinko pet
  • Emote
  • Jadinko slippers feet override
  • Egg-on-a-fork weapon override
  • Cooking animation override
After the event, you'll get two more requests from the leader of the imps, each awarding you with a medium lamp. You can continue to train in the factory, too.

Be sure to collect your rewards by the 13th of April, as that's when the Easter event comes to a close.

Guthixian Butterflies

Guthixian butterflies are back, fluttering throughout Gielinor.

RuneScape members – regular and Ironman alike – can earn hearty amounts of XP in their lowest-levelled skills by catching up to 20 butterflies per day.

Catching butterflies can also restore your run energy, or your prayer, life or summoning points. It can also give slight bonuses to your prayer, life or summoning point totals.

If you haven't already, you can also unlock memories of Guthix, and find out all about the slain god's origins.

Enjoy!

Have a very happy holiday season, and let us know what you think on the forums.

The RuneScape 'Dukes' Team

In Other News

• Google Chrome will soon no longer support Java. As such, it will no longer be possible to play RuneScape through it. To ensure seamless play, we recommend that Chrome users download the RuneScape Game Client now.
  • The Community Team are running an in-game competition to see who can collect the most jadinko eggs during the Easter Eggs-periments content:
    • Every time a player collects an egg as part of the event, it'll be automaticallycounted in their score. No need to formally sign up to enter, or to hold onto the eggs - you can use them as normal.
    • When the event ends on the 13th of April, the top 100 egg collectors will be awarded a new title: the Egg-cellent.

[hide=Patch notes]

Dimension of Disaster:

• The Tiny Zemouregal pet's chat has been improved.
  • The damage bonus from the Darklight sword now works against certain eligible NPCs which were previously unaffected.
  • Low-value drops have been removed from New Varrock guards.
  • New Varrock zombies can now drop more valuable items.
  • The following rewards have been added to Gypsy Aris's reward shop:
    • - For 2 silver pennies: coal can be purchased from Sani and spider silk can be purchased from Zaff in New Varrock.
    • - For 3 silver pennies: a cosmetic override pack containing 3 main-hand and 3 off-hand swords (Silverlight, dyed Silverlight, and Darklight).
  • The code key for the Defender of Varrock and Curse of Arrav decoder doors will now be displayed during the decoder strip puzzle, after completing Dimension of Disaster once.
  • Dyed Silverlight has been graphically updated in Shadow of the Storm and Dimension of Disaster.
  • Thessalia now sells balls of wool in New Varrock, for use in stringing amulets.
  • Astral and blood runes have been added to Aubury's shop in New Varrock.
  • Logs up to teak have been added to Urist the crafter in New Varrock.
  • Moving through the New Varrock palace portcullis is now faster.
  • Healing orbs dropped in the Zemouregal fight in New Varrock are now larger and easier to pick up.
  • Players can now use a staff of fire to superheat the tin soldier in New Varrock without fire runes.
  • Players searching a treasure chest in New Varrock without a lockpick will now be told how to get one.
  • Lighting has been altered to make Gypsy Aris in New Varrock look more like a zombie.
  • Players can now correctly remove the New Varrock pocket book from their pocket slot.
  • The number of available zemomarks displayed in the New Varrock pocket book is now correct.
  • The New Varrock apothecary will now take payment consistently for each strength potion purchased.
  • It is no longer possible to walk through a piece of a fence in New Varrock.
  • Fire spirits and birds nests no longer appear in New Varrock.
  • Rat bones and rat tails no longer drop in New Varrock.
  • Players inventories will now correctly restore if they log out during the Arrav fight in Dimension of Disaster.
  • Players can now consistently retrieve the Shield of Arrav from the New Varrock museum if lost.
  • Items will now be saved correctly if a player lapses out of membership while playing Dimension of Disaster.
  • The search option on Zemouregal's bedroom bookcases has been removed.
  • Dimension of Disaster's reward interface will no longer use plural when purchasing something for just one silver penny.
  • Aubury's free elemental runes in New Varrock now restock more slowly and in lower quantity.
  • Catbot 9000 in New Varrock will now only take one doogle leaf.
  • By order of Zemouregal, signposts to inferior city states surrounding New Varrock have been removed.
  • Players watching others complete the Delrith boss fight during Dimension of Disaster will no longer see their version of the demon explode.
  • Players can now give a micro brew to Tiny Zemo inside the vault in New Varrock.
  • Arrav is now referred to as the hero of Varrock at the end of Dimension of Disaster.
  • The spelling of "Kerapac" in Zemouregal's notes in New Varrock, use of orange and purple mist on the tin soldier, and a statue description in New Varrock palace have all been fixed.
  • The Varrock Herald has published a reprint of their newspaper in Varrock, due to a complaint from "Aubrey".
  • Arrav's name is now used instead of the player's name in conversations when the player is controlling Arrav.
  • A lore issue in the Ralvash section of Zemouregal's notes in New Varrock has been fixed.
  • Arrav's reaction to Ellamaria during Dimension of Disaster has been toned down.

Graphical:

• Dogs no longer walk at jaunty angles when walking on uneven terrain.
  • The mortar board head override with Dragon Variant hair will no longer cause the top portion of a player's head to disappear.
  • A clipping issue in the Ostentatious Bar in Player-Owned Ports has been fixed.
  • The animation for barge will now correctly charge towards the player's target.
  • A set of drawers in Varrock no longer changes colour when opening.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• Clicking on the 'Cook' option on a bonfire with no raw food will no longer prevent players from adding logs to a bonfire.
  • Crystal singing can no longer be assisted, as was originally intended.
  • Players who logged in before 00:00 UTC can now reset their daily Guthixian cache XP limit by attempting to enter a cache, eliminating the need to log out and back in.
  • The hint given when trying to open the cupboard for the "Probably filled with wizards' socks" clue scroll has been corrected.
  • Weekly resetting D&Ds will now reset closer to 00:00 UTC on Wednesdays, instead of up to an hour later.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• Daily Prayer challenges will now work correctly with cremation.
  • An issue where basic challenges could not be completed has been fixed.

Other:

• A new "the Ultimate Quester" title has been added for players who have completed every quest. Like the quest cape, any new quests that are released must be completed to keep using it.
  • There is no longer a delay when activating prayers.
  • Ironman players may now purchase a blast fusion hammer from outside the Blast Furnace entrance.
  • Players can now change the colour of their keepsaked glasses by recolouring a pair in their inventory.
  • An issue on Ape Atoll agility course that was causing players to get stuck in the hollow log has been fixed.
  • The music track 'Pirates of Peril' has been reworked.
  • Remaining buckets will no longer be taken when adding a bucket of compost to a pie shell to make a mud pie.
  • A typo in the unlock hint for 'The Heist II' has been fixed.
  • Broadcast messages for reaching an XP milestone will now appear regardless of Adventurer's Log settings.
  • The Giant Mole once again remembers how to punish those who seek comfort in tight spaces.
  • Valentine's rose petals are no longer tradeable.
  • Updated an entry in the advanced Citadel handbook that was out of date due to recent clan probation changes.
  • Updated a Meilyr worker to display the correct name.
  • Players can now move immediately after jumping off a serenity post when wielding a golden cane.
  • Crystal implings will now work correctly when looted with double loot activated.
  • Players can now take rocks from and equipped statue collection bag.
  • Marker plants can no longer be placed under portable skilling stations.
  • Lucky chaotics now degrade correctly.
  • Players can now reclaim a gold cane, flaming head and leprechaun hat from Diango if the item is stored in a keepsake box.
  • The name for Vorago's stone clones are now consistent in right-click options and the combat overlay.
  • Added entries in the Ancient Hymnal for curses that have been added to the game since the release of The Temple at Senntisten.
  • Players can once again obtain water from the Varrock fountain.
  • A duplicate word in the Shadow of the Storm quest has been removed.
  • Several typos in one of the Player-Owned Ports voyages have been fixed.
  • Several grammatical errors in the Shilo Village quest have been fixed.
  • A typo in Hans's fourth chat option about the Battle for Lumbridge has been fixed.
  • Portents and signs of item protection no longer protect items on death in dangerous Clan Wars, matching their functionality in the Wilderness.

Ninja fixes:

• 'Collect all' has been added to inventory.
  • 'Bank' buttons have been added to the main Grand Exchange interface.
  • Players can now use the Surge, Barge and Escape abilities in Barbarian Assault.
  • The Wildywyrm now has an even greater chance of spawning.
  • The shadow silk hood is now a hybrid item.
  • Wizard Elriss now checks for talismans consumed by a wicked hood when awarding an omni-talisman.
  • It is now easier to see what items have previously been unlocked in the Daemonheim Reward Shop.
  • The following changes have been made to to runespheres in the Runespan:
    • - Siphoning will now grant more experience.
    • - Players will now siphon Rune dust from a Runesphere faster.
    • - Wizard Finix and other wizards can now help locate a Runesphere.
    • - The Runesphere can now spawn on the top floor.
    • - Altered the chance of spawning a Runesphere so it prefers the top two floors.
    • - The starting shell of the Runesphere now more closely relates to the floor it spawns upon.

[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Egg on a fork. This may very well be the very first actual fork ingame. THIS IS GAMEBREAKING NEWS PEOPLE

My life is complete.

Brb starting RS again :'D

No longer will I have to sport the prodstick (AKA FORK) no no... I HAVE MY VERY OWN FORK

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

200th quest and Easter event two weeks in a row? Finally we're getting real and regular updates again!

I hope it turns out to be all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

This sounds interesting for once! 

Also how did they degrade before? 

Bye bye Chrome D: 

Apparently they weren't degrading at all before. Interesting. Also welcome to TIF :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

means when you activate a protection prayer, your character doesn't suddenly stop what he's doing (e.g. walking) when the prayer activates. The delay on the tick after the prayer activates is also gone, so if you activate the prayer and attack something at the same time, both actions will go through (previously, only the prayer would activate).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

That's a good fix then. I'd really be thrilled if the Ninja Team could take on the dead clicks for Divine Locations next though.

• Like 2

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

This sounds interesting for once! 

Also how did they degrade before? 

Bye bye Chrome D: 

Apparently they weren't degrading at all before. Interesting. Also welcome to TIF :).

Huh. Things always get nerfed when I get some of them. Finally got a Lucky C Spear/Lucky OH Rapier in... like 5 spins lol. Also thank you :) Have only been lurking for years. Finally decided to make an account.  

napkintheelf.png

So they have hidden a small amount of forcing you to do everything in this event if you wanna be all 'completionist' about it:

Pure blue eggs are theiving only.

Pure green are hunter only.

Pure red are combat only.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wish they had given an option to recolor the pet by using an egg on it...

the pure eggs seem completely unnecessary otherwise

also jagex wasted a completely good opportunity to make several hundred jurassic park jokes

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

I no longer care for Holiday events in RuneScape.

After being punished for taking a break from the game, I don't want anything to do with these events anymore.

The fact that santa suit was only available once is unforgivable.

I was getting bored of the game that's why I quit it for over a year.

• Like 1

I'd hardly call it punishment or unforgivable when it has been the norm for like a decade or more that anyone with any iota of experience of the game is aware of that holiday items are awarded at 1 event only and act as a mark of prestige to show you were there.

• Like 5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd hardly call it punishment or unforgivable when it has been the norm for like a decade or more that anyone with any iota of experience of the game is aware of that holiday items are awarded at 1 event only and act as a mark of prestige to show you were there.

I don't care about some stupid cane or a pointless rubber duck.

Santa suit is something people usually wear on Christmas.

How is it fair that I can't wear a santa suit in game when Christmas is near?

It's not, the rest of the items can be exclusive to people who only participated in the event that year.

But a santa suit, no. There is no reason why THAT should only be available to people who were playing RuneScape and did the Holiday event in 2008.

It's not, the rest of the items can be exclusive to people who only participated in the event that year.

But a santa suit, no. There is no reason why THAT should only be available to people who were playing RuneScape and did the Holiday event in 2008.

You know what else people wear near christmas?

Snowman Suits

Bobble Hats

Scarves

Reindeer Antlers

Santa Beards

You know what all these items are? Holiday reward exclusives that are just as locked out and exclusive as the Santa Suit.

Or maybe Skeleton costumes and scythes for Halloween...oh holiday exclusive too.

Or maybe Bunny ears for Easter...nope still holiday exclusive.

Nearly every single holiday themed item in-game is a holiday event exclusive - even then ones that can be obtained by other means (Santa hat, halloween masks, phats) are all insanely costly due to being rares.

It's not like it destroys the game or ends the world that you can't make your collection of animated pixels red and white for one month of the year because you weren't there at the right time.

Also its perfectly fair because the suit was a reward for being there for a specific christmas. You weren't there, you didn't get the reward. Perfectly fair. Just like it was perfectly fair that no-one in the entirity of the game had asantan suit for the first 8 years of the game.

What would be unfair would be removing the prestige of the 'I was there' holiday rewards just to appease a few kids who are mad they missed it and aren't creative enough to make themselves look santa-ish in other ways like people used to do.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They've already removed/recycled a fair few of those (more recent) outfits already though, haven't they? It's only a matter of time before it winds up on Treasure Hunter/Loyalty Points/Runecoins type offers.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

You know what else people wear near christmas?

Snowman Suits

Bobble Hats

Scarves

Reindeer Antlers

Santa Beards

You know what all these items are? Holiday reward exclusives that are just as locked out and exclusive as the Santa Suit.

Or maybe Skeleton costumes and scythes for Halloween...oh holiday exclusive too.

Or maybe Bunny ears for Easter...nope still holiday exclusive.

Nearly every single holiday themed item in-game is a holiday event exclusive - even then ones that can be obtained by other means (Santa hat, halloween masks, phats) are all insanely costly due to being rares.

It's not like it destroys the game or ends the world that you can't make your collection of animated pixels red and white for one month of the year because you weren't there at the right time.

Also its perfectly fair because the suit was a reward for being there for a specific christmas. You weren't there, you didn't get the reward. Perfectly fair. Just like it was perfectly fair that no-one in the entirity of the game had asantan suit for the first 8 years of the game.

What would be unfair would be removing the prestige of the 'I was there' holiday rewards just to appease a few kids who are mad they missed it and aren't creative enough to make themselves look santa-ish in other ways like people used to do.

Alright, who the heck wears most of these during Christmas? The only one I can think of people wear commonly during Christmas is santa beards.

Unless they are going to a costume party.

Also, scarves are mostly worn during the winter in general, not just Christmas.

And for the record, you didn't break my argument at all, it's still strong.

I'm pretty mad that I don't have multiple partyhats ONLY because I wasnt playing in 2001. Jagex pls listen to Blaze, he speaks the truth. I demand to be given 3 of every partyhat and 3 crackers before I do holiday events again.

• Like 5

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Only on Earth people wear it around Christmas. On Gielinor only people from THAT christmas period wear it. I don't know why you want to compare Gielinor to Earth. And it's not like you'll ever get out of your dragon armour, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

Only on Earth people wear it around Christmas. On Gielinor only people from THAT christmas period wear it. I don't know why you want to compare Gielinor to Earth. And it's not like you'll ever get out of your dragon armour, if I recall correctly.

Normally I wouldn't, but during Christmas I would make an exception.

I would maybe wanna dress like santa once a year near Christmas when making a fun RuneScape video.

I am willing to admit though, you are right, it is ridiculous to compare a game with real life. But I still really would like to know how I can dress like Santa in a RuneScape video without the santa suit. It seems impossible to me.