Easter Eggs-periments – Holiday Mini-Quest

Leik

I no longer care for Holiday events in RuneScape.

After being punished for taking a break from the game, I don't want anything to do with these events anymore.

The fact that santa suit was only available once is unforgivable.

I was getting bored of the game that's why I quit it for over a year.

Agreed

Ghosthunter is l70 gear :p. I should get it again :(

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Make a Guide ;)

For the Santa Suit: Make a Suggestion (Rune Labs/Rs Forum) like getting it from Swap Shop, Loyalty Points, doing the event, etc.

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Hearing reports that WFS are ridiculous slayer xp/h now w/fix to darklight.

If someone has accurate rates plz ty

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

It's too bad that player-run games of chance are against the rules. Because if not I'd start a pool of how many nerfs and un-nerfs it's going to take for them to get the intended effect to the damage! :P

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You have clearly not been to Kalgs...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

http://youtu.be/Yk-btWGNxOo

Darklight OP as hell.

EDIT: Reuploading vid. if for whatever reason it doesn't go through the copyright again:

Waterfiends ~ 600k Melee xp an hour (without Raf)

Abby demons ~ 500k Melee xp an hour (without Raf)

• Like 1

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

If only the updated Darklight would work on K'ril :(.

Still need to test out:

Kalgs/Black demons. Heard Kalgs are 450k slay xp an hour now, but no way to test as I'm 200m slay, unless I do overall combat xp/combat per kalgs to find out the kalg per hour rate then * the slayer per kill (but i'd much rather a tracker xp counter)

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

You have clearly not been to Kalgs...

Nop.

Plz tell me more senor trimless

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Still need to test out:

Kalgs/Black demons. Heard Kalgs are 450k slay xp an hour now, but no way to test as I'm 200m slay, unless I do overall combat xp/combat per kalgs to find out the kalg per hour rate then * the slayer per kill (but i'd much rather a tracker xp counter)

Does the XP counter you can set to a certain skill not count either then, once you've hit 200M?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah to be fair I had a look and I didn't find much. Maybe this year they'll release something more santa-like.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Still need to test out:

Does the XP counter you can set to a certain skill not count either then, once you've hit 200M?

Did a couple kalg tasks with melee yesterday. I'm also 200m slay but I was tracking kph and got 270+ kph on task consistently, translating to 500k slayer xp/hr without any xp-boosting gear.

Done with my standard setup of blood nihil/ext str/weapon poison.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

blaze, your argument skills are...questionable

people have actually been dressing like santa BEFORE the santa suit existed because santa hats were first

they used default red colored clothing

if i were going to be pointing any fingers, it's at bunny ears

in any case, you're always going to find a way to be unhappy if you expect outfits to arrange themselves perfectly for you in an environment where the clothes are made by people who don't have any idea how to design flexible core outfit choices

like the rest of us did back then and do now, you're going to have to use your own fashion ability to find what works for you

if you want help, you should start a thread in the assistance forum about outfit design, i'm done with this topic in here and nobody else wanted to talk about it

8f14270694.jpg

Hey look, DoD improvements.

Aaaand they overbuffed Darklight, lolz. Time to break out my mask of the abyss again.

AND FINALLY ADDED COLLECT BUTTONS TO THE GE INTERFACE YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

Edit: Also, managed to earn 40k rc experience in about ten minutes of catching butterflies after sinkholes, around the entrance to the sink. ezpz

I guess no one knows what I could do this Christmas in RuneScape if I wanna dress like Santa.

Yeah, that proves my point further.

This is my first visit to this topic (so I didn't have the chance to respond earlier), but I'd guess an all-red basic clothes outfit (possibly with white trim, depending which style you chose) and white hair w/beard would be reasonably effective, especially if you grabbed a Santa hat (which you still can get, albeit not easily). It won't be as good as the actual Santa outfit, but that's hardly surprising.

It's hard for me to take you seriously when you're complaining about an aspect of the game that has been present for almost its entire history (unique, one-time holiday rewards). Especially when it has zero effect on gameplay and only affects looks, which means it's very unimportant to me personally. And your rebuttal to such points thus far have read (at least to me) along the lines of "I don't care I'm upset about this anyway," which means I'll take you even less seriously, especially when you start taking people's refusal to engage with your nonsense as proof that you're correct.

If you want to be upset about it, by all means, do so. But don't get annoyed at those who don't feel like trying to solve your problems for you (coming up with an outfit for you), and don't take our lack of posting a solution to a problem that most of us probably don't consider to be a problem as proof that the problem cannot be solved.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

This is my first visit to this topic (so I didn't have the chance to respond earlier), but I'd guess an all-red basic clothes outfit (possibly with white trim, depending which style you chose) and white hair w/beard would be reasonably effective, especially if you grabbed a Santa hat (which you still can get, albeit not easily). It won't be as good as the actual Santa outfit, but that's hardly surprising.

It's hard for me to take you seriously when you're complaining about an aspect of the game that has been present for almost its entire history (unique, one-time holiday rewards). Especially when it has zero effect on gameplay and only affects looks, which means it's very unimportant to me personally. And your rebuttal to such points thus far have read (at least to me) along the lines of "I don't care I'm upset about this anyway," which means I'll take you even less seriously, especially when you start taking people's refusal to engage with your nonsense as proof that you're correct.

If you want to be upset about it, by all means, do so. But don't get annoyed at those who don't feel like trying to solve your problems for you (coming up with an outfit for you), and don't take our lack of posting a solution to a problem that most of us probably don't consider to be a problem as proof that the problem cannot be solved.

First of all, no. I don't expect anyone to find the proper outfit for me. I just would like to make a fun Christmas episode in RuneScape about once.

And yeah, I am a hypocrite for complaining about this despite stating many times I would never wear/hold something with no stats.

I just wanna try, just once, make a RuneScape video where I am in a Christmas outfit. But I can't. This isn't a huge issue since I rarely make Christmas related RuneScape videos, but it still is something that makes me have such a grudge with Holiday events in RuneScape.

First of all, no. I don't expect anyone to find the proper outfit for me. <snip>

Oh?

<snip> But I still really would like to know how I can dress like Santa in a RuneScape video without the santa suit. It seems impossible to me.

I guess no one knows what I could do this Christmas in RuneScape if I wanna dress like Santa.

Yeah, that proves my point further.

Seems to me that you wanted exactly that.

<snip> And yeah, I am a hypocrite for complaining about this despite stating many times I would never wear/hold something with no stats. <snip>

I didn't actually say anything about you being a hypocrite, for what it's worth. (Though others might have.)

<snip I just wanna try, just once, make a RuneScape video where I am in a Christmas outfit. But I can't. This isn't a huge issue since I rarely make Christmas related RuneScape videos, but it still is something that makes me have such a grudge with Holiday events in RuneScape.

I'm certain you can find some kind of holday outfit without having that specific one (outfits from events from other years - maybe even this years; non-event outfits like the red basic clothing outfit that's been suggested twice already; and I'm sure there are other possibilities you could come up with). You're also fully capable of making a Christmas-themed video without having a Christmas-themed outfit.

And, at least to me, holding a grudge about something is only worth doing if it's at least a moderately large issue. Same for calling something "unforgivable". You seem to be making a rather big deal out of something really, really small.

As I said, if you want to be upset about it, go for it - but you're coming across as really bitter about a pretty minor issue, as well as ignoring or rebutting those who try to actually help you solve your problem, so don't be surprised if your complaints aren't well-received.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

To be honest, if I really wanna put a santa claus in a RuneScape video, I can easily put it in there with an editing software.

And before anyone gets the wrong implications, I'm not referring to editing the game itself, just the video clips. I would never break these rules, not even if they weren't there since I know there's a good reason for them.

Not only can I make it as good as I could if I were able to wear santa suit, I could make it even better.

I don't hold a grudge anymore, in fact I am gonna enjoy the Easter event while it's here. I can go back to fighting steel dragons any time, but Holiday events are only once a year, I shouldn't do them for the items, I should do them for fun, that's the whole point.

Actually yeah, if you had enough skill (read: more skill than me) to modify Java client-side on your computer, I believe you could program it to make you appear to be Jad and run around "terrorizing" all of Lumbridge if you wanted, all legally. Someone else will have to elaborate. Of course, it would only appear that way to you, not everyone else, but still...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png