Got hacked or something

Low Levelled

Hello, I play rs pretty often and went to play today and can't login due to invalid password/email or whatever. I submitted a recovery request to jagex but we all know how unreliable those are. Here's a big problem, my account is fairly old, 2006 or so, and i can't remember what email is registered and I am afraid this will derail my recovery.

Also, I have no idea how i was hacked as i have authenticator on my account. I checked my rune track and it says I've gained 34 xp today but i haven;t logged in.

I have payment info, creation info, and old password/username info. I don't think anyone else on the planet knows my first rsn as i haven't had it in many years and no one i know from back then still plays. What gives?

The best advice I can give you is to submit a ticket and give them as much information as you have/can remember. For email use an email that you currently have access to as they will either send a recovery there or ask for additional information to verify that it is you. You are sure you didn't mistype your password or anything? Also RuneTrack can be unreliable these days. It's possible you clicked a Guthixian butterfly or something and gained that xp yesterday, and it hasn't reset your profile for today, for example...

Also moved to Help & Advice. Best of luck! :)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah, I submitted one of those earlier. And as for the xp its 26 def and 8 HP lol.

Any ideas how someone would get passed authenticator?

I've ran spyware and stuff and it says I'm clean

Is it possible they hijacked your email somehow? That could make it easier for them to let themselves in. If not that, then probably there is some other loophole in Authenticator - I wouldn't be surprised.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

just recovered my email. I have a message from earlier today from my email provider confirming a password change to the email account, but nothing from jagex. Also, i tried to recover my account using my email address and it says it's the wrong email address. There's no way this is a coincidence..

Email allows disabling the authenticator 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, I don't think it would grant them access to what your original display name was...although they would need that to log in to your account in the first place, so they must have found out somehow.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Actually from what I've heard they're generally pretty good once you get their attention. I am not sure about Credit Card info as a potential security risk but I thought they resolved that.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Took me 5 minutes in google to find out your previous runescape names, rl name, email and one of it's previous passwords.

Might be a good idea to make a brand new email with a random name unrelated to anything, set it up with 2 step recovery and only use it for Runescape.com.

Gl [edited out real name, sorry for being creepy]

Edited by Kaur
  • Like 1

No, I don't think it would grant them access to what your original display name was...although they would need that to log in to your account in the first place, so they must have found out somehow.

It can.

If they know your e-mail and have access to it, then they can send a forgotten username request, which will send an e-mail to your inbox with all the login names (or login e-mails) associated with this e-mail address.

So Jagex more or less gives away information just because they have your email which may or may not be secured. Great security policy Jagex :(.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Some reality checks before handing out the information, like verifying payment info or whatnot. But I didn't mean to turn it into a debate about Jagex policy, sorry :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I'm monitoring my bank accounts and there's nothing. Id like to be able to cancel my subscription, though

Does this page help?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png