Skill Capes & Diango Improvements Patch Week

Bxpprod

Of course it's used Jagex. I can't be the only one who goes "Oh no! I'm in level 50 wilderness and forgot a bow...but look, there's a tree, I'll craft a bow and get myself out of this yet!"

"...but I have no bow string! Oh nooooooo!!!"

I'm okay with no fletching outfit because it's so easy to train. But then, I feel the same way about Firemaking, and it has tons of boosts by comparison ("outfit" + circus + Char + beacon network, and two dedicated quests) and is actually easier to train.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

To me in the interests of fairness there ought to be an equal percentage boost available for all skills from wearable stuff - however there should also be negatives to using said outfit (am issue that Golem and Shark outfits have failed on).

Like there should be situations for the training of said skill where there is a dilemma over using it - Living Rock Caverns would be a good example (pre golem and shark) where using it would get you more xp, but you ran the risk of having little defence should the creatures opt to attack you.

Or the way Divination works would be a good example of negatives vs positives - you have the choice of getting more resource and almost no xp, getting a middle ground of resource and xp or getting more xp and no resources.

I'm not really 100% sure how you could make it work for all skills, but I feel the game would be better for it if it was not a cut and dry wear outfit x to do skill y kind deal.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Something like resource sacrifice to fill up urns faster than usual could be nice, especially if you were planning on powertraining the skill anyway (ie mine iron ore). Who knows if it could ever happen though...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

To me in the interests of fairness there ought to be an equal percentage boost available for all skills from wearable stuff - however there should also be negatives to using said outfit (am issue that Golem and Shark outfits have failed on).

Like there should be situations for the training of said skill where there is a dilemma over using it - Living Rock Caverns would be a good example (pre golem and shark) where using it would get you more xp, but you ran the risk of having little defence should the creatures opt to attack you.

Or the way Divination works would be a good example of negatives vs positives - you have the choice of getting more resource and almost no xp, getting a middle ground of resource and xp or getting more xp and no resources.

I'm not really 100% sure how you could make it work for all skills, but I feel the game would be better for it if it was not a cut and dry wear outfit x to do skill y kind deal.

I don't think every skill needs an outfit - not all skills were created equal, not anywhere close.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg