Darklight Upgrade Concerns - Mod Rowley

Miss Lioness

Even better: they literally made it even worse than the pre-DoD Darklight.

That's right, the upgraded Darklight now is worse than the pre-upgrade Darklight.

That's Jagex for you.

• Like 2

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

200th Quest useful reward has no become an actual downgrade on the weapon.

Everyone who already 'upgraded' their darklight has quite literally been screwed over - you've unlocked a permanent modification to the weapon that has made it worse than the original. The reward is now people too lazy/slow/not uber up to speed have a better weapon for not having 'upgraded' it.

If they leave it like this I think we may see some riotting issues on a larger scale than we've seen in sometime. I mean you are actually being penalised for having completed content and there is no way to take it back and 'downgrade' to the better sword.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Double post, but this post Mod Rowley left in response to the 'fix' says it all in many ways:

Just to restate again, this change was not made based on player feedback, but on our own analytic data, collected since the launch of 200th quest (i.e. 'whining' had nothing to do with it).

Yup thats right in the thread asking for PLAYER FEEDBACK so that they did not make a stupid change defending the stupid change Mod Rowley has confirmed the change had NOTHING to do with player feedback.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Double post, but this post Mod Rowley left in response to the 'fix' says it all in many ways:

Just to restate again, this change was not made based on player feedback, but on our own analytic data, collected since the launch of 200th quest (i.e. 'whining' had nothing to do with it).

Yup thats right in the thread asking for PLAYER FEEDBACK so that they did not make a stupid change defending the stupid change Mod Rowley has confirmed the change had NOTHING to do with player feedback.

however daft the update, isn't that aimed at they felt they needed to do something, not that peoples complaining about it being op made them do it?

baileydafrog.png

That's not much comfort...now I have the image of presumptuous JMods saying "Well forgot player feedback, I think it needs a nerf..."

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If they leave it like this I think we may see some riotting issues on a larger scale than we've seen in sometime. I mean you are actually being penalised for having completed content and there is no way to take it back and 'downgrade' to the better sword.

I suppose refunds are out of the question, then? Not sure if I want to quest anymore if this is going to be the norm.

:boohoo:  R.I.P darklight, we shall miss you and mourn the loss of never getting a weapon better then t90 in the forseable future.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

time to unupdate the page about tormented demons

i've tried to be respectful, but the next time they ask for anything, i kinda doubt they'll get anything besides several thousand images of giving the bird

it was bad just knowing that they make simple mistakes often, but now we know it's because of a combination of willful ignorance stemming from pride versus being able to distinguish useful player input from the stuff they think they're better than, actual ignorance from lack of experience, and prioritizing monetary gain over even the most basic design principles which a child could point out to them in five minutes of playing their game, and spits on the legacy of the people who used to work for jagex

if we don't act together to address this, they're basically going to just continue spinning that wheel and taking money from people dishonestly

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

I think things like this are a good thing. They give us a full and unadulterated glimpse at Jagex and the way they operate. Sometimes we lack perspective and forget how truly ridiculous and asinine they are as a company. Remember: they knew better than you, whether this actually true or not is irrelevant to them.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

well, it was more that i was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but then they just had to go and literally monetize goodwill

their business now entirely runs on the concept that they will be forgiven for anything they do by people with enough money, or at least continue asking for money upfront that they [bleep]ing know they will never deliver on in the future because they don't have to

8f14270694.jpg

Playing Runescape is like eating at an Applebee's. It's just good enough to get you to come back and never so bad that you won't go back. Every now and again it will give you diarrhea though. Oh and the waiters don't know how the food is made, can only give you a vague idea of when it will be ready, and have no idea what's going on in the back.

Playing Runescape is like eating at an Applebee's. It's just good enough to get you to come back and never so bad that you won't go back. Every now and again it will give you diarrhea though. Oh and the waiters don't know how the food is made, can only give you a vague idea of when it will be ready, and have no idea what's going on in the back.

runescape is like 4chan, its shit and has always been shit but its worse now than before definitely. Also everyone who started after me is new as hell

It's hard because it's hard to define why the game was so compelling. So it's difficult to explain why it's not now. It's just something you have to know through personal experience with the game.

The only thing I can say definitively is that the game had a type of depth to it. Updates now don't. The only thing that has real depth is combat, which they focus on too much now. This would be okay except so many other companies do that better to them. So much combat focus to be completely outdone in that regard by Blizzard is a shame.

Jokes on you for thinking that player feedback matters

#we'llpollitbutneverdoit

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Imagine how cool it would've been if they had released each clan area once a week and the city truly looked like it was slowly growing. Could've still had it done before each release.

But yes, what they do with their own incompetence is much more honest and much more horrifying. Lying means they know what they're saying isn't true, but it would imply they in some way knew what they were saying.

Imagine how cool it would've been if they had released each clan area once a week and the city truly looked like it was slowly growing. Could've still had it done before each release.

That actually would have been a splendid idea in terms of lore - it would probably entail a lot of logistics with the code to make it work though.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yes, most likely. Though graphically it would've meant fraying the edges a bit. Then mending them. I don't know how much work it takes when something is completed to prep it for update.

Yes, most likely. Though graphically it would've meant fraying the edges a bit. Then mending them. I don't know how much work it takes when something is completed to prep it for update.

I mean if they really wanted, they could just put locked gates between the regions and remove them week by week, but that might just frustrate people wanting it all at once.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png