[27-04-15] EoC/Legacy Mash Up

Leik

But it only takes me...10-15 seconds to load the client? And I only do it twice a day really.

Personally I experience huge lags for couple minutes after logging in on a fresh client. I prefer keeping the client open in the background.

Imagine if steam client had to be restarted every 6/23 hours? same thing really, or close enough atleast

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

I always just logged out fully. Didn't see a reason why not to.

The game session is tracked even if you log out completely. It doesn't reset until you shut down the client an open a whole new instance.

Not my pic but...

0820c554ac84ac576d9a56220bb49d1d.png

I died a bit inside. 300 gp/xp

You should pretty much never use research mode.

And by "pretty much never," I mean never.

• Like 1

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Not my pic but...

Actually I believe that is from dismantle mode...arrows are grouped into 'Metal Weapons/Ammo' along with metal weapons, so you choose either no more dismantling weapons, or risk taking a GP hit like that if you receive a substantial ammo drop.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yes, the point is it doesn't work as a BoB that is immune to corp's familiar devour anymore.

Is it still immune to Araxxor's swipe? I imagine that would take longer to fix, since you'd need to give the thing a health bar.

Corp doesn't, neither does Araxxor. I'd expect a change to this sometime, though.

I mean they were ok with rhinos back last year...

Simply because that was temporarily for 2-3 weeks tops.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Yes, the point is it doesn't work as a BoB that is immune to corp's familiar devour anymore.

Is it still immune to Araxxor's swipe? I imagine that would take longer to fix, since you'd need to give the thing a health bar.

It's 100% immune to Araxxor, and all damage at that. However, it can be eaten by Corp.

Worth noting it also keeps your combat at 126+12 in the wildy, and it can't be killed by pkers.

Also you can't switch interfaces on legacy-only and EoC-only worlds :s I really want to use the new interface with legacy lol

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

But it only takes me...10-15 seconds to load the client? And I only do it twice a day really.

Not everyone is as lucky as that...(I know not everyone is as unlucky as this though)...

4181197498.png

howlin1eeveesig.png

Flashbacks to when my internet was like that.

Click client

Get a drink

Start food cooking for later

Sit back down and it's on ~90%

Now it's click... Oh it's loaded.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Corp doesn't, neither does Araxxor. I'd expect a change to this sometime, though.

I mean they were ok with rhinos back last year...

Simply because that was temporarily for 2-3 weeks tops.

Piss weak excuse. 

We didnt want to implement a quick fix, or even some pre-testing just because it's temp

ye nah srry m8

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Not my pic but...

Actually I believe that is from dismantle mode...arrows are grouped into 'Metal Weapons/Ammo' along with metal weapons, so you choose either no more dismantling weapons, or risk taking a GP hit like that if you receive a substantial ammo drop.

Nope, that was research mode, hence the "granting 1383 bonus XP in Fletching".

You have the same problem regardless of mode, of course.

Not everyone is as lucky as that...(I know not everyone is as unlucky as this though)...

4181197498.png

That... wow. My condolences, sir/madam, for that  is truly awful net connection.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I'll quote myself from RSOF here as we don't seem to have an active Beta thread anymore, but I'd like the metagamers of TIF to critique what I've said, since it's always possible there's something I just haven't realized (been able to realize? :P) purely from my own personal experiences: (Also important for context sake, the thread I was replying to: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=nqlX3GFu6bo/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?389,390,780,65621617,13,335719533,#13 ) The basic subject was discussing what uses the Noxious Scythe will have when the weapon range is increased to that of halberd weapons.

If I was interpreting others' posts correctly it seemed more like the Scythe would be better for Slayer and Drygores better for bosses.

My thought is that with the increased AOE range I'd use Scythe for a lot of Slayer tasks that have either melee targets, or targets that range/mage but are at least crowded enough to hit 2-3 with minimal effort and Quake/Hurricane. By the latter I intend something like Dark Beasts which primarily mage at distance but spawn close enough together that an AOE with the distance I've witnessed on Beta (Attuned Crystal Halberd) able to probably hit multiple targets at any time.

Feel free to dispute the following, but I believe that for Slayer, specifically slaying large amounts of enemies with medium amounts of LP, the number of "effective" hits matters the most.
I've used all level 90 weapons extensively at some point, and although I've never done any "testing for the sake of testing" while slaying, I had concluded that Seismics were the most effective for the above stated situation (which includes many popular Slayer tasks).
Why? Primarily because Magic can use Dragonbreath and Chain, both of which have short cooldowns and are relatively easy to use strategically.
The reason that Seismics "matter" in this short explanation, however, is because they are dual-wield. Frequent autoattacks with DW Magic are a given even with Revolution, meaning Ancient Magick AOEs occur very often, increasing the "effective" number of hits (the net damage), as proposed earlier.

The relevance of the above to this thread is that if what I've described was really true before, andif we are valuing Scythe purely from a high-level viewpoint based on what it does best - AOE - then we should likely compare it directly to its closest "competitor" - which would not be Drygores but Seismics - and based on its specific strengths, rather than pricetag or availability.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png