Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[27-04-15] EoC/Legacy Mash Up

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
Doubtful it will stay. This is a little pet project for someone. It'll be changed again.
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Does the corporeal beast affect legendary pets? Could also be useful there if not.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Corp doesn't, neither does Araxxor. I'd expect a change to this sometime, though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

tgf
[ Display Name History ]

tgf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • RSN:[bleep]
  • RSN2:Fails at RS
  • Clan:Primishy

Corp doesn't, neither does Araxxor. I'd expect a change to this sometime, though.

I mean they were ok with rhinos back last year...

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

Does the corporeal beast affect legendary pets? Could also be useful there if not.

Just got home and went to corpy, he ate my drake.  <_<

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

I hope he refunded your 30+ dollars for it

8f14270694.jpg

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

I hope he refunded your 30+ dollars for it

*68m rsgp

And I didn't get it just for the BoB feature

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Wait... Can't you just resummon it? :s

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

Yes, the point is it doesn't work as a BoB that is immune to corp's familiar devour anymore.

Is it still immune to Araxxor's swipe? I imagine that would take longer to fix, since you'd need to give the thing a health bar.

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Simply because that was temporarily for 2-3 weeks tops.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

Yes, the point is it doesn't work as a BoB that is immune to corp's familiar devour anymore.

Is it still immune to Araxxor's swipe? I imagine that would take longer to fix, since you'd need to give the thing a health bar.

It's 100% immune to Araxxor, and all damage at that. However, it can be eaten by Corp.

Worth noting it also keeps your combat at 126+12 in the wildy, and it can't be killed by pkers.

Also you can't switch interfaces on legacy-only and EoC-only worlds :s I really want to use the new interface with legacy lol

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Howlin0001
[ Display Name History ]

Howlin0001

Howlin Wowlin

• Website Crew
  • 3,627 posts
  • RSN:Howlin1

But it only takes me...10-15 seconds to load the client? And I only do it twice a day really.

Not everyone is as lucky as that...(I know not everyone is as unlucky as this though)...

4181197498.png

Posted Image

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
Flashbacks to when my internet was like that.
Click client
Get a drink
Start food cooking for later
Sit back down and it's on ~90%

Now it's click... Oh it's loaded.

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod

Simply because that was temporarily for 2-3 weeks tops.

Piss weak excuse. 

We didnt want to implement a quick fix, or even some pre-testing just because it's temp

ye nah srry m8

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

Not my pic but...

0820c554ac84ac576d9a56220bb49d1d.png

I died a bit inside. 300 gp/xp

You should pretty much never use research mode.

And by "pretty much never," I mean never.

Actually I believe that is from dismantle mode...arrows are grouped into 'Metal Weapons/Ammo' along with metal weapons, so you choose either no more dismantling weapons, or risk taking a GP hit like that if you receive a substantial ammo drop.

Nope, that was research mode, hence the "granting 1383 bonus XP in Fletching".

You have the same problem regardless of mode, of course.

But it only takes me...10-15 seconds to load the client? And I only do it twice a day really.

Not everyone is as lucky as that...(I know not everyone is as unlucky as this though)...

4181197498.png

That... wow. My condolences, sir/madam, for that  is truly awful net connection.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,471 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

4181197498.png

honestly might as well just pay for a vps and use it for your daily browsing 

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Yay more combat beta

notyay

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

I'll quote myself from RSOF here as we don't seem to have an active Beta thread anymore, but I'd like the metagamers of TIF to critique what I've said, since it's always possible there's something I just haven't realized (been able to realize? :P) purely from my own personal experiences: (Also important for context sake, the thread I was replying to: http://services.rune...3,335719533,#13 ) The basic subject was discussing what uses the Noxious Scythe will have when the weapon range is increased to that of halberd weapons.

If I was interpreting others' posts correctly it seemed more like the Scythe would be better for Slayer and Drygores better for bosses.

My thought is that with the increased AOE range I'd use Scythe for a lot of Slayer tasks that have either melee targets, or targets that range/mage but are at least crowded enough to hit 2-3 with minimal effort and Quake/Hurricane. By the latter I intend something like Dark Beasts which primarily mage at distance but spawn close enough together that an AOE with the distance I've witnessed on Beta (Attuned Crystal Halberd) able to probably hit multiple targets at any time.

Feel free to dispute the following, but I believe that for Slayer, specifically slaying large amounts of enemies with medium amounts of LP, the number of "effective" hits matters the most.
I've used all level 90 weapons extensively at some point, and although I've never done any "testing for the sake of testing" while slaying, I had concluded that Seismics were the most effective for the above stated situation (which includes many popular Slayer tasks).
Why? Primarily because Magic can use Dragonbreath and Chain, both of which have short cooldowns and are relatively easy to use strategically.
The reason that Seismics "matter" in this short explanation, however, is because they are dual-wield. Frequent autoattacks with DW Magic are a given even with Revolution, meaning Ancient Magick AOEs occur very often, increasing the "effective" number of hits (the net damage), as proposed earlier.

The relevance of the above to this thread is that if what I've described was really true before, andif we are valuing Scythe purely from a high-level viewpoint based on what it does best - AOE - then we should likely compare it directly to its closest "competitor" - which would not be Drygores but Seismics - and based on its specific strengths, rather than pricetag or availability.

2dgucz6.png

Ishamael
[ Display Name History ]

Ishamael

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • RSN:Ishamael
I've been kicked offline a few times before back when they logged you out after 8 consecutive hours. Back when I was unemployed and my computer was next to the kitchen :lol:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users