Stupid dragon pets

Merre

I couldn't care less people spend way too much rl/rs money on pets but is it really normal that u can't even click a harmonised runite rock during happy hour because of 50 freaking dragons circling around the rock?
It's about time Jagex does something about this 'World Of Warcraft'-wannabe stuff. 

I hope Jagex implements some kind of checkbox to 'hide' other players pets coz this is annoying as *%£µ@

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I can totally agree, this is the most obnoxious thing since the huge rest emote! I hope they implement a fix so that it buries the left-click option when we try to use stuff and it's not half-covered, because that was happening to me, at least earlier this week..

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I couldn't care less people spend way too much rl/rs money on pets but is it really normal that u can't even click a harmonised runite rock during happy hour because of 50 freaking dragons circling around the rock?

It's about time Jagex does something about this 'World Of Warcraft'-wannabe stuff. 

I hope Jagex implements some kind of checkbox to 'hide' other players pets coz this is annoying as *%£µ@

Yes, it is entirely normal.

Everyone is just excited about their new pets so they all have them out for show and tell, or whatever. Give it a week or so, and it will most likely die down.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well, when it comes to knights, pickpocket should by all means be the first option. Nobody wants to fight them since the only thing they drop are useless bones.

But yeah something like someone else's pet shouldn't be the first option. I mean it's useless all you get really is a message saying "this is not your pet.".

Don't worry, I'm sure they will fix this eventually. Everything in the game has improved for the better, remember back when you needed to click your raw food and then the range? Well, you can just click the range immediately and you're done.

Also remember when you only could smith 10 or so things at a time with anvil? Well there is now option on smithing with all your bars.

This is a game that does get better with time.

Some might say that EoC wasn't exactly improvement, but I'm used to it. It took me some time, but I have no issue with it anymore.

• Like 1

I just wish Jagex actually gave it some thought before releasing new content. You don't have to be a rocketscientist to release huge pets like these will influence the gameplay...

• Like 2

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I just wish Jagex actually gave it some thought before releasing new content. You don't have to be a rocketscientist to release huge pets like these will influence the gameplay...

I do see what you mean. But you gotta understand how hard it is to make all these changes.

It's even more hard than modifying a single player game because they have to make sure there are no major glitches.

Yeah, this shouldn't have bypassed their radar, and I hope they will fix this within a week. I'm still waiting for them to make pickpocket the first option with knights of ardougne, but sadly I doubt it's gonna happen.

It just gets frustrating when the miss this sort of thing every week. This week it's a huge Solomon's pet forcing the default left click option it, last week it was the Aquarium not keeping a list of the golden eggs you had received, forcing you to rely upon memory, etc etc...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It just gets frustrating when the miss this sort of thing every week. This week it's a huge Solomon's pet forcing the default left click option it, last week it was the Aquarium not keeping a list of the golden eggs you had received, forcing you to rely upon memory, etc etc...

I do get your point, and I wasn't defending Jagex's actions. I was just saying that it's nearly impossible to fix all the problems since this is a huge game, especially the major ones.

They don't even have enough time for maintenance since people play the game literally every day. They sometimes do for a few minutes, but they can't do it for hours since that would make many of the players (especially the paying ones) leave, and they don't want that.

Actually, I believe they're doing maintenance all the time, and they just take the game down for a few minutes to upload the new version (the usual system update weekly) :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Actually, I believe they're doing maintenance all the time, and they just take the game down for a few minutes to upload the new version (the usual system update weekly) :).

But how do they accomplish that with all these players playing every day?

In many cases, areas get changed. How do they make sure players aren't stuck at a dead end spot when they add these new areas?

I have limited knowledge on how this works, that's why I'm asking.

They have their own version of all the appropriate files to work on offline. It's just a matter of importing it when it's time for an update. As for making sure players don't get stuck, that's just part of the job...most of the time they don't remove areas though, so that would be unlikely I guess.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

They have their own version of all the appropriate files to work on offline. It's just a matter of importing it when it's time for an update. As for making sure players don't get stuck, that's just part of the job...most of the time they don't remove areas though, so that would be unlikely I guess.

True, but there could be some instances when someone gets into a building they don't have the requirements for yet because they're standing on that spot. What does Jagex do about these people?

I promise this is the final question about this, and after that I will leave this thread be unless I have something more relevant to this to say since I don't want it to get off track too much.

If that hypothetically happened, so be it I guess. They wouldn't be able to get back in, and most of the time you wouldn't want to stay in a building forever, because requirements are not that steep relative to what a building/guild might have to offer. It would be very unlikely though, for them to be teleported x squares away magically and put there though.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

#Support.

I'm so sick to death of these Drake pets, i seriously don't care.. Trying to just simply bank at Priffindas G.E bank is now becoming a nightmare, as some inconsiderate jerk... Has their pet in the damned way. And another thing, trying to get the "chits" needed for skipping tasks in the Runescape Road Trip thing is beyond a joke, as everyone swarms the J Mod clone, with their Drake pets on display... Which is great. BUT!!! It's not great, when it crashes a world.. and your locked out of your account for a good 30 minutes, as the world crashed. 

It's great that Jagex are creating awesome purchasable pets, and stuff like that. But, think before you implement Jagex... Seriously, it's not that hard. 

• Like 1

"A pile of wealth, or a pile of bones" - Zodiac Lotus 2014.

10 year veteran cape - 03/03/15

Zodiac_lotus.png

They've split it into three worlds at once for the chits now, and I noticed it was substantially better at the last session I attended. Has that helped at all?

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

True, but there could be some instances when someone gets into a building they don't have the requirements for yet because they're standing on that spot. What does Jagex do about these people?

I promise this is the final question about this, and after that I will leave this thread be unless I have something more relevant to this to say since I don't want it to get off track too much.

They move the players standing there away from where the new building is.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

They've split it into three worlds at once for the chits now, and I noticed it was substantially better at the last session I attended. Has that helped at all?

It has, slightly.. but the drakes are still an annoyance. I've heard, they're implementing a no summoning zone around the J mod, but we'll see about that.

"A pile of wealth, or a pile of bones" - Zodiac Lotus 2014.

10 year veteran cape - 03/03/15

Zodiac_lotus.png

If I remember correctly there was a way to disable the drakes from being seen on screen(something to do in the option menus)...I cannot remember if was on TIF or if it was on youtube...Will look around and see if I can find it and post here.

EDIT: turns out it was a joke posted on reddit by our own Arecus. I scrolled by the picture he posted and didn't bother to read the entire post nor look at the picture.

I'm not the brightest guys ever...:/

In terms of the actual drake, I do find it annoying. There should be a way to disable them from being viewed by others (like I mentioned in the first part of this post) If that was the case you could still have your drake out without interfering with others in the process.  

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Haha I'm sorry, that was only intended as a bit of light humor :).

Hopefully, they will at least disable them in the crater area tomorrow.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Ok just did some 'happy hour' runite mining at Priff and they disabled the left clicking. Still lagging coz of them stupid dragons, but at least I can click the runite right away without having to zoom or turning camera angle.

Thanks Jagex for fast update! (if they do a good job, we gotta admit it too)

Ok just did some 'happy hour' runite mining at Priff and they disabled the left clicking. Still lagging coz of them stupid dragons, but at least I can click the runite right away without having to zoom or turning camera angle.

Thanks Jagex for fast update! (if they do a good job, we gotta admit it too)

See? I told you they'd fix it.

I do see what you mean. But you gotta understand how hard it is to make all these changes.

It's even more hard than modifying a single player game because they have to make sure there are no major glitches.

Yeah, this shouldn't have bypassed their radar, and I hope they will fix this within a week. I'm still waiting for them to make pickpocket the first option with knights of ardougne, but sadly I doubt it's gonna happen.

It's already happened on 07, just wait. They do all the convenience updates on 07 before eocscape now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Whenever Jagex has made major changes to the geography of an area (the Burthorpe/Taverly rework or Lumbridge Crater, for example) they tend to teleport anyone in those areas away, usually to their chosen respawn point, ot avoid issues like logging in over a lake that wasn't there when they logged out or getting stuck in a ladder or whatevs.  If, for some odd reason, someone still logs in and finds themselves stuck, they can either Home Tele* away or, if there are enough problems with the area, PMods will make themselves available to tele the players to a safe zone outside of the glitched area.

*Interestingly, the Home Teleport spell originally only went to Lumbridge, and was put into the game to help new players get back to a familiar place if they ever got lost in their explorations, or got stuck in a buggy area.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I mean they're investing another $20 into the game, but yes it can be annoying. I think they're working on taking away left click options right now.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png