Behind The Scenes: May 2015

Sylpheed

We have an AFK prayer method though, or at least the framework for one - cremation. Very slow and not competitive enough to keep up with say altaring, but I feel like more lower level players could and should take advantage of it. Of course, the FM xp is kind of negligible and it is overall less XP than altars, so members have no real use for it. Perhaps an enhanced version of it in Prif to make it keep up (500% instead of 250%?)

500% would make Altars go out of business. Even 350% would be borderline I think.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Cremation? Do you mean pyres? Those aren't afk at all. Less more so than altering.

Click logs on alter, click remains on alter, light, wait, click to get key

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

But then it would have no cost savings over altars, so it wouldn't really be cheaper (in the spirit of how Seren Stones were supposedly meant to be, as Sy was mentioning). The only benefit would be the slight afk of doing it on a bonfire over running back and forth to altars.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The balance for what Cleansing Stone was supposed to be like would work well at something like 500% burying xp it just has be sufficiently slow to counter balance it - like the speed cleansing stones are now per stone if you did that speed with bones you could probably push even a little past 500% without it becoming too op as it'd still be a slower way to do things, but it'd be significantly cheaper.

Therefore making it viable as you can choose to go cheap at the cost of time or throw gp at it for the absolute best.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Even with the xp waste/200m all mindset getting into full gear in 2010/2011, competitive castle wars and dungeoneering were still extremely popular, you can blame eoc for the death of both of those.

i heard EOC caused climate change

• Like 2
baileydafrog.png

Additionally, back in the day, before EOC, people did mobilizing armies to get onyx (i), which was at the time, the best in class ring.

Now, surgeon ring, vigor, death, leviathan ring all outclass onyx i.

What I'd like to see would be the ability to combine rings from MA. Combat ring with a utility ring. Surgeon with leviathan, for example, would not work as both are combat rings.

Vigor with wealth, ring of death with wealth (as all of them are used for temp switches)

Perhaps something like this..

Combat rings: Vigor, surgeon, leviathan, death, archer, warrior, seers, and archer/warrior/seers(i)

Utility rings: wealth, life, dueling, recoil, slaying, tokkul zo

Neutral rings: sapphire through onyx (i), including zerker (i)

You can combine the stats and effects of two rings, from one class (combat/utility/neutral), so they both have combined bonuses, but the bonuses do not exceed the highest ring.

So for example, death ring has +25 attack and defense, while zerker (i) has 17.. so that won't work as they death negates zerker (i).

Leviathan ring has +15 attack and +43 def, combine it with an onyx (i) for a single ring that is +21 attack and +43 with the negate damage ability

For rings that have charges, you would need to use a cut gem on the combined ring to recharge it. For ring of death you'd need to repair it with onyx as usual

Or just let us wear more than one ring.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Part of the problem is that we have to many D&D's, minigames, activities, or whatever to call them :P I remember that it was fun doing some minigames back in the day because there weren't that many around, meaning you would always have other people playing that minigame, heck it was even possible to find people to play in the gaming room (still not common though). Yes, there are bad minigames, but not all inactive minigames are that bad, there are just so many of them, and so many other things to do that they won't be played. Not all of that comes from the xp-waste mentality.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Think about it like this. Interested Person A (IPA) goes to FOG/SW/whathaveyou, tries his home world then the theme worlds, sees noone. IPA leaves.

Interested Person B (IPB) walks in like 5 minutes later, sees noone, totally oblivious that there had ever been any other interested person to begin with. IPB leaves.

Both are probably discouraged from appearing again at random.

Thus a vicious cycle forms and continues, unless some serendipitous miracle occurs that there should be more than a small handful appearing at random at any one time.

• Like 2

2dgucz6.png

That was the benefit of instanced shard worlds, but even with those, not enough people on all the worlds to play.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Additionally, back in the day, before EOC, people did mobilizing armies to get onyx (i), which was at the time, the best in class ring.

Now, surgeon ring, vigor, death, leviathan ring all outclass onyx i.

What I'd like to see would be the ability to combine rings from MA. Combat ring with a utility ring. Surgeon with leviathan, for example, would not work as both are combat rings.

Vigor with wealth, ring of death with wealth (as all of them are used for temp switches)

Perhaps something like this..

Combat rings: Vigor, surgeon, leviathan, death, archer, warrior, seers, and archer/warrior/seers(i)

Utility rings: wealth, life, dueling, recoil, slaying, tokkul zo

Neutral rings: sapphire through onyx (i), including zerker (i)

You can combine the stats and effects of two rings, from one class (combat/utility/neutral), so they both have combined bonuses, but the bonuses do not exceed the highest ring.

So for example, death ring has +25 attack and defense, while zerker (i) has 17.. so that won't work as they death negates zerker (i).

Leviathan ring has +15 attack and +43 def, combine it with an onyx (i) for a single ring that is +21 attack and +43 with the negate damage ability

For rings that have charges, you would need to use a cut gem on the combined ring to recharge it. For ring of death you'd need to repair it with onyx as usual

I'd like a Asylum ring (i). or Ring of Death(i)

How about more than one ring slot, but only one of a certain ring? You can't equip multiple Vigours to gain back 100% adrenaline after an ult for example :P

Balancing might be in order on some rings in light of being able to equip more, but otherwise I don't think there'd be much issue.

2dgucz6.png

Just being able to wear two rings would be too easy. It is a very large boost and should be something that you need to work for in order to obtain, hence requiring MA rank to do so.

Oh, here is an idea

Why not allow you to imbue armor pieces or weapons with ring bonuses? Torva Platebody of Wealth, for example

Well, I proposed some kind of Smithing rework where you'd be able to do this. :P

Levels for smithing rune stuff and so on would be brought to wielding levels and new ores would get introduced for higher levels.

For making armour and swords: you don't just bring 5 bars, use them on an anvil and you got a generic platebody in your inventory. No, you make the various subparts of an armour: things like rings for chainmail, lammelated small plates and so on. These all cost certain bars and procedures (not just anvils, but metallurgic workshops and so on) giving you these subparts.

Now, you want to make a platebody for example: you need 5 subparts to create one platebody. The beauty of it: you can mix and match different types of subparts for different cosmetics, effects, armour value and so on. Want a light armour: mix leather with chainmail, want a heavy tank armour: use heavy reinforced plates, want an armour imbued with effects (prayer/health regeneration boost): one of your subparts has an enchantment on it, a ring/gem welded on it, divination energy woven into it. Maybe even add rare items into it, like those plates from POP, rare drops (dwarven mecha parts, elvish armour crystals, Kethsian technology,...) for more effects.

This all gives armour with different effects, stats and so on, but they stay within a weapon tier range of a few levels.

The same can be done with weapons: creating different (imbued hilts), using folding techniques like for katanas and so on.

People voted with the divination poll for more customisation and 'level up stuff', this gives that kind of opportunity. 

Given the fact that we have customisable capes, SOS outfits and they talked about weapons that can be upgraded gradually, I think this kind of rework could be very possible for the Smithing skill. By making these resource-heavy armours we'll get far less mass dumped smithed items and it might give people a way to make useful armours instead of depending on PvM.

• Like 1

You know, it's actually a great thing there's been so little real content lately, especially this month. It means I don't have to worry about losing Comp!!  \:D/  \:D/  \:D/

2dgucz6.png

Introducing "The Committed" title. This title is awarded to anyone who has spent a total of ten thousand Runecoins in Solomon's Store. This title is a requirement for Comp cape. :p

• Like 1

Nvm missed the community road trip update.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Introducing "The Committed" title. This title is awarded to anyone who has spent a total of ten thousand Runecoins in Solomon's Store. This title is a requirement for Comp cape. :P

Don't give them any ideas, although 10k runecoins would be 52 bonds, or 466 mil on the GE if you bought them all at the current exchange price of 8.9 mil.

For a comper, 466 mil doesn't seem like much.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

My mistake.

"You must buy every single item in Solomon's Store and you lose your cape every time a new item comes out until you purchase them."

My mistake.

"You must buy every single item in Solomon's Store and you lose your cape every time a new item comes out until you purchase them."

"There will be a special edition for the comp cape for those that have bought all the limited items, it will be converted back the regular comp cape if a new limited item arrives"

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!