Experiencing Frequent LapTop Power Cuts [UNSOLVED]

Imperator

• 4 weeks later...

As you guys are saying, it's possible that it's a battery problem. However, I think it would be a good idea to run a few tests first.

You can download this program called Memtest (http://www.memtest86.com). Follow the instructions on the website to test your ram for problems

Then I'd suggest downloading both Realtemp (temperature monitoring program) and Intel Burn Test. Open Realtemp and then do a burn test using all your cores at 100%. Make it go through multiple cycles. This will make your CPU work at max capacity and you'll be able to see of your CPU is getting too hot. I'd be worried about anything over 60C.

Also, to check for viruses I'd suggest getting Malwarebytes. The free version is great and will find viruses that many other paid programs won't find. Use it with your current program for double checking.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

A laptop naturally runs a bit hotter than a desktop, and Intel Burn Test actually overworks the CPU, so I say temperatures are ok until the high 60s/low 70s on the Intel Burn Test.

Yeah, I know. I was just giving some methods I've used to troubleshoot such a problem. I always feel like it's a good idea to test your current hardware for trouble before going and purchasing new components in case it's something small like thermal paste or a faulty stick of RAM.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Firstly, my apologies for forgetting to add a conclusion to this thread. My laptop has been operating normally for the past month(s) so I conclude it must of been overheating or the like. However, I plan to look for a newer laptop mainly for productivity/school which I may create a thread regarding it.

I request that a moderator lock this thread as we've come to a conclusion. Thanks everyone!  :pray:

irs.png

Check out my upcoming Progress thread in the spoiler!

imperatorrssig.png

*Currently postponed until further notice